PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Bold strategy from a group of people who are literally angry about how they lack agency in their lives and the "liberals" are to blame for it.

Gamesadict

Oct 25, 2017
I personally found this one funny, because it's so easy to use against the right. Considering how much you see idiots spamming the exact same shit everywhere, you'd argue that's proof that they are much more easily programmed than anyone on the left.
DpgyK-KW4AA9jF2

Edit:
A level of propaganda and programming that would make ((((((((((((((((((SOROS)))))))))))))))))) proud, amirite.

Last edited:

'3y Kingdom

Oct 27, 2017
Why is the right so obssessed with the concept that Donald Trump is being targeted by the media, because of (((Jews))) when there are countless examples of the man being a complete garbage person both on camera and hell, on his Twitter?
There are two main reasons:
1.) They believe that "his behavior"/"how he acts" isn't really important and shouldn't be covered so extensively. The media should focus more on his "accomplishments."
2.) They're gaslighting everyone, undermining what accountability is left, and trying to keep control at all costs.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's really dumb but it's also pretty representative of just how uncreative the alt-right are. They're still making variations of woman/feelsguy and that frog to this day. Almost decades since they first became memes. Nazis can't into memes.

Hecht

Pushin’ me down, pushin’ me down, pushin’ me down
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
"Terrifying?"

This is the dumbest fucking thing. Just ignore it.

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Literally have not seen any of this except people worrying about it.

Let the alt-right folks' shit memes die

Tezz

Oct 27, 2017
It is a little terrifying. It's worse than sheeple. Think of how much empathy someone has for an NPC in the GTA franchise for example.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Of course but you wouldn't see this meme being used to dismiss people saying water is wet.

We wouldn't? Why wouldn't we see that? The existence of the rhetoric doesn't mean that it's grounded in evidence. That's not how causality works. Some people work based on evidence, some people work against it.

Hecht

Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
It is a little terrifying. It's worse than sheeple. Think of how much empathy someone has for an NPC in the GTA franchise for example.
They already lack empathy. Coining some dumb term to vocalize it (alongside the many other terms they use that are more outright bigoted/shitty) doesn't really suddenly make them lacking empathy.

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
Someone should do a study of the frequency of copy-pasta in online discourse. Anecdotally the right are way more prone to burst into a thread and spout unrelated talking points.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
honestly this is entertaining by virtue of how utterly ridiculous it is, i'd like to believe that the people making these memes and accounts are being 100% ironic but we all know that isn't the case

VrHjKbm.png

really though the people saying this is terrifying are just proving their point, it's literally just sheeple

ZealousD

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It becomes a lot less terrifying when you realize that this is a coping mechanism for the alt-right.

They feel outnumbered and powerless and this is the only way they can try to deal with it.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
How is Know Your Meme right-wing?

I don't know why this is, but at the very least, I know that they basically gave the pages on Gamergate to Gamergaters to write, letting them making up whatever history for themselves that they wanted. So in that case they were pretty content with letting right wing conspiracy theorists run the show. Don't know if they do anything else along those lines.

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
Anecdotally the right are far more likely to drop talking points in unrelated threads without any modification. I'd love to see a study on whether that's true though.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like a bunch of conformist assholes accusing everyone else of being conformist. I don't see why it's worth anyone's attention.

Kenstar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Earth
this is nothing compared to the sheer terror inflicted upon the left when the alt right weaponized frozen precipitation

toadsworth

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty gross that people spend all of their free time doing shit like this. What kind of sad fuck just sits at home trolling all day?

OP
OP
TI92

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Exactly what I was thinking, I'm surprised people are able to brush this aside so easily when we have had mass murders by the alt right with online memes are their direct radicalization source.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Tfw there are explicit examples of russian bots and conservative bots and troll accounts being used on social media.....once again, The modern day conservative:
screen-shot-2015-12-15-at-8-03-04-pm.png

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown
The meme is about how people share the same opinions and talking points, not about facts.
The meme seems to be about people being fed their opinions and unquestioningly following them. "Trust the plan."

The "irony" you're mistaking here about many remarking on the projection is that people can reasonably arrive at this conclusion on their own without outside sources.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Exactly what I was thinking, I'm surprised people are able to brush this aside so easily when we have had mass murders by the alt right with online memes are their direct radicalization source.

Again, there's a difference between being vigilant, and being terrified of stupid ass memes.

You're giving them EXACTLY what they want by calling this terrifying. "LOL LIBRULS AFRAID OF MEMES" and all that.

The NYTimes article made them do backflips in joy. Dont feed the troll is the oldest rule of the internet and people have forgotten it.

Hecht

Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Again, there's a difference between being vigilant, and being terrified of stupid ass memes.

You're giving them EXACTLY what they want by calling this terrifying. "LOL LIBRULS AFRAID OF MEMES" and all that.

The NYTimes article made them do backflips in joy. Dont feed the troll is the oldest rule of the internet and people have forgotten it.
Yeah, this.