WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
Just curious, did Team Ninja ever say why this series skips Xbox? Sony obviously pays for timed exclusivity. But they skip right over to Pc when the period is over.

OP
OP
Uzupedro

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Just curious, did Team Ninja ever say why this series skips Xbox? Sony obviously pays for timed exclusivity. But they skip right over to Pc when the period is over.
Sony publishes both games outside Japan and has an involvement on the production(Q&A, translation, marketing and other stuff).
They probably pay to stay out of PC for a year tho.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds to me like what they have done with the game Control. If you have the complete edition it's free but regular PS4 versions will need to pay.

Yup, super gross move by them.
  • Players that own Nioh 2 – The Complete Edition on PS4 can upgrade to Nioh 2 Remastered – The Complete Edition on PS5 at no additional cost.

• Players that own Nioh 2 on PS4 can upgrade to the base game – Nioh 2 Remastered on PS5, and receive the PS5 version of any DLC expansions they own on PS4.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
  • Players that own Nioh 2 – The Complete Edition on PS4 can upgrade to Nioh 2 Remastered – The Complete Edition on PS5 at no additional cost.

• Players that own Nioh 2 on PS4 can upgrade to the base game – Nioh 2 Remastered on PS5, and receive the PS5 version of any DLC expansions they own on PS4.
Wait, am I reading this wrong? If you own Nioh 2 without the DLC, you can pay an upgraded Nioh 2 Remastered without the DLC on PS5, right? Sounds standard.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
I'm so psyched for this since Nioh 1 was one of my fav games of last gen and the only disapointing aspect was the resolution it ran at on PS4 Pro in performance mode. Playing this at 4k/60 is going to be so fucking good.

I'll probably just buy the complete collection to get both games for PS5. I still have to play Nioh 2, I was waiting because of the Pro fan noise issues.

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
Sounds good - I never bought Nioh 2 because I was hoping they would do something like this for PS5.
I'm still not paying full price for it though- will wait for a sale.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
So if I already have Nioh 1 Complete on PS4 AND Nioh 2 with the Season Pass, I should get the complete PS5 Remaster of both games for free?

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Only Nioh 2, probably since it's more recent and they feel more pressure of giving the upgrade for free since people are still buying it and content is being released for it.

Ooooooh okay now I get it. So i'll preorder the Complete PS5 collection and trade in the copy of Nioh 2 I have right now. Thanks for the info.

Gigi A

Oct 26, 2017
Austin, TX
xFuXqdm.png

Your move Sony.

I fucking hate this LMAO

Jan 11, 2018
So it appears there will be a physical edition outside of Japan after all, but so far only the NA box art have appeared. Nothing for Europe yet :/

CrackaFett

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Damn i'd get it for $10 but when the update rolls around i probably wont have a 120 monitor for it. I only have my 144 gsync that only has 1 displayport :(.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

This is nothing like control.
They are giving you a PS5 upgrade for exactly what you own on PS4.

Deleted member 8688

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've never played Nioh and I'm even more unsure about where to start now. I have a PS5 DE, so
  • I could buy Nioh PS4 for around £17 (the Complete edition is currently on sale). But no upgrade path.
  • I could buy base Nioh 2 on PS4 (currently on sale for around £30) and wait for the upgrade, but we don't know if it will be free.
  • I could wait and buy Nioh 1 or 2 Complete editions on PS5 for £50
  • I could buy the complete collection on PS5 for £70 (probably not doing this).
I guess my main question is whether the DLC for either game is essential. If not I think the best option is to buy Nioh 2 PS4 and take my chances with the upgrade. Anybody who's played both games and DLC able to recommend the best way to jump in?

Jurec84

Oct 27, 2017
I've never played Nioh and I'm even more unsure about where to start now. I have a PS5 DE, so
  • I could buy Nioh PS4 for around £17 (the Complete edition is currently on sale). But no upgrade path.
  • I could buy base Nioh 2 on PS4 (currently on sale for around £30) and wait for the upgrade, but we don't know if it will be free.
  • I could wait and buy Nioh 1 or 2 Complete editions on PS5 for £50
  • I could buy the complete collection on PS5 for £70 (probably not doing this).
I guess my main question is whether the DLC for either game is essential. If not I think the best option is to buy Nioh 2 PS4 and take my chances with the upgrade. Anybody who's played both games and DLC able to recommend the best way to jump in?

Maybe I read wrong, but everyone gets their free update for PS5 respective to their bought version. So if you buy Nioh Complete for PS4 now, you get that for PS5. Also for Nioh 2.

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017

Note that it's almost free in Japan: 110 yen for the base game and 22 for each of the 3 pieces of DLC.

The DLC unlocks three new regions (the base game has 6-7 of these) and three new, harder difficulty levels (plus two new weapon types and some other stuff). Basically, if you end up liking the base game enough to keep playing a lot after being done with the final boss, you'll want the DLC.

Last edited:

Hana-Bi

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I have both deluxe versions of Nioh and Nioh 2. I assjme since those aren't the complete versions I have to uprage for a small fee at least for Nioh 2 and hope the upgrade works for Nioh too, right?

Deleted member 8688

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Note that it's almost free in Japan: 110 yen for the base game and 22 for each of the 3 pieces of DLC.

The DLC unlocks three new regions (the base game has 6-7 of these) and three new, harder difficulty levels (plus two new weapon types and some other stuff, etc). Basically, if you end up liking the base game enough to keep playing a lot after being done with the final boss, you'll want the DLC.

Thanks for this. I think I'll get base Nioh PS4 as the lowest priced point of entry and then if I like it I could get the sequel on sale on PS4 and upgrade it.

west

Oct 28, 2017
Dang. Currently playing nioh 2 on the PS5. Now I feel i should put on hold until the patch.

soulmatic

Oct 27, 2017
Been wanting to get the Digital Deluxe Edition, and it's on sale for the Black Friday PSN sales. It's a only $5 dollar price difference here in Canada compared to the Nioh 2 Complete Edition. So my question is:

• Is it worth getting the DE instead of the CE?
  • And does the CE come with these bonus items that the DE has?

3625006-nioh%202%20pre-order%20bonus.jpg

For real I just want the Demon Horde Armor Set for transmog. If the NIOH2:CE has these and I'm guaranteed a free upgrade path I'll grab that. But if the DE entitles me to the same PS5 upgrades for free, that's the one I'll get due to the sale.

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017
For real I just want the Demon Horde Armor Set for transmog.
I'm pretty sure that picture you posted was what you could get for pre-ordering the game. The Deluxe Edition comes with the Season Pass, the Demon Horde weapons and a Kodama Netsuke charm.
The Complete Edition will have both sets of bonuses (... well, maybe not the theme and the PSN avatar set mentioned in that picture, actually). So you should probably wait for that one. In fact, if you just want the armor set, you don't have much of a choice.

soulmatic

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure that picture you posted was what you could get for pre-ordering the game. The Deluxe Edition comes with the Season Pass, the Demon Horde weapons and a Kodama Netsuke charm.
The Complete Edition will have both sets of bonuses (... well, maybe not the theme and the PSN avatar set mentioned in that picture, actually). So you should probably wait for that one. In fact, if you just want the armor set, you don't have much of a choice.
Ay, thank you bro for that awesome clarification! I'll wait until the Complete Edition comes out in February.
giphy.gif

Have a blessed day!

itsaziz

Nov 8, 2017
So if I purchase the physical version of Ni-Oh 2 for the PS4 I'll automatically get the complete edition with the DLC on PS5 free of charge? There's no upgrade fee?