Jimmyfenix

Oct 25, 2017
Already regretting my purchase what the fuck is this mandatory login shit? Going to force people to create an account even after paying for the game? Can't even play in offline mode. What a load of shit, and there's nothing about this listed on the store page.

on the PSN pages it says "Bethesda.net account required" at the bottom

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Also seems to work even though I didn't finish the bnet account creation. Maybe they are just fishing for email addresses.

Oct 27, 2017
How is Doom 3 on PS4? Is the aiming better than the PS3 version?

Also fuck what they did for the Classic Doom games. You could get the Doom Classic Collection with literally every single classic Doom game and it's expansions (aside from Doom 64) for around 10 bucks. They also include co op and death match too.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Phantom Thief about to make or break a few dozen sales on these games on Switch haha.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Doom and Doom II sound like mobile to console ports, as almost everything on mobile is online required.

But does anyone know if Doom 3 requires online/Bnet account too?

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I can confirm something: It JUST needs the initial login.

After that, even if you start in offline mode, it'll let you in. Just let's you note about some features aren't available.

This is still not... great, but it's not as bad as I first thought it'd be.

EDIT: One last thing, yes, it'll whine at you for being offline or airplane mode, but only the initial start up. Should let you in game after that.

Balmung421

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I love having all these doom icons on my switch home screen

doom guy for smash pls nintendo

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
Oct 25, 2017
Just to clear up any confusion, when we mention the BFG version of Doom 3, we mean the one that was revamped for more action and allows you to shoot and use your flashlight at the same time...at 60 fps.
The whole lighting engine was changed to be much brighter for the BFG edition. So I'd honestly prefer to go back to how it originally played.

I'm still waiting for a confirmation on which Doom 3 this one is.

Oct 28, 2017
g7VEUQQ.jpg

What online features?

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, Florida
The whole lighting engine was changed to be much brighter for the BFG edition. So I'd honestly prefer to go back to how it originally played.

I'm still waiting for a confirmation on which Doom 3 this one is.

That was a shame, I agree. It was a downgrade in that aspect. In my case, I prefer the more action oriented version for portable play...I own the original on the PC.

Oct 25, 2017
Nope. Not without making an account first and logging in at least once. Turned on airplane mode and all it does now is tell me to turn it off and that an account is required. Not cool
Yeah I still think this is bullshit. It should be optional. You shoudn't have to login even once to play an old singleplayer port. And not one person wants to be pestered by their game about online accounts every time they open it while they're offline. Messages like that should only appear when specifically accessing/viewing online features. And if you buy a game, it should just work without you having to make extra accounts. There shouldn't be additional barriers to playing.

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
Anybody else find it amusing that Doom, the game that invented deathmatch, has a version that doesn't have any online multiplayer but has added in a mandatory online registration?

USF

Oct 28, 2017
Are these coming to Xbox One store? Or were they referring to the 360 BC versions?
I remember DOOM 3 was delisted from 360 store