• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
something I've always been silently wondering is: why is the review thread process not included here? it seems like this is always figured out among people hanging out in the news threads pre-release but why not also let people know in here or a mirror thread (RT OT? lol) since we previously had some chaos around some review threads.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
something I've always been silently wondering is: why is the review thread process not included here? it seems like this is always figured out among people hanging out in the news threads pre-release but why not also let people know in here or a mirror thread (RT OT? lol) since we previously had some chaos around some review threads.
Not a bad idea yeah ^^
I never do the review threads but enjoy posting the main OTs and then linking to the review threads. It allows different people to post and get involved in game's release, rather than just one person posting everything too.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
vestan usually shows up right before to help out on the review threads for my OTs so i'm actually glad lol

DinkyDev

Feb 5, 2021
Fallout (Amazon Series) Season 1 by AgentStrange (March 19, 2024)
Aprill 11, 2024

Unsure if these needs to go into Gaming Side or ETC. The show takes place nine years after Fallout 4 and is considered canonical, so I lean towards Gaming Side? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'd personally say Gaming... we did the same with Halo, Twisted Metal etc.

The Last of Us got a "no game spoilers" one in ETC, and a game spoilers one in Gaming.

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why a TV show would belong in gaming in any scenario but if y'all did this before then you do you.

Chaos reigns
IzdDz2c.gif

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
wait, what?! no please, you should definitely go for it if you want too!

I wasn't trying to dissuade you 😭
Oh no no no that was all my fault! Like I said I was just hyped lol! Once I posted I began thinking and was like waiiiiiiit.

It's all yours Helix! Your OTs are so good I insist!

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Can I claim Gigantic? Nobody has I think, and I want to give the game a sheen of positivity before gaming yet again decides it's bored of such fun, inventive and enjoyable games because 'hype' and other fucking nonsense (ahem FPS caps).

Ahem x 2. In other words: I can do Gigantic, put some nice info together. Never made an OT, but happy to in this csae.

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Can I claim Gigantic? Nobody has I think, and I want to give the game a sheen of positivity before gaming yet again decides it's bored of such fun, inventive and enjoyable games because 'hype' and other fucking nonsense (ahem FPS caps).

Ahem x 2. In other words: I can do Gigantic, put some nice info together. Never made an OT, but happy to in this csae.
please follow the procedure outlined in the OP.
edit: apparently this is out tomorrow so nvm. next time please just check the OP and post a claim in the format outlined there.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
please follow the procedure outlined in the OP.
edit: apparently this is out tomorrow so nvm. next time please just check the OP and post a claim in the format outlined there.

Apologies: I read the OP and clearly didn't see that bit! Given there's no claim I'll make one, if that's OK.

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
So, Kaiju No. 8 just dropped today on Crunchyroll and there doesn't seem to be an OT for it. Does the standard claim procedure still need to be followed before setting up a thread?

If so:
[ETC] Kaiju No.8 by Shemhazai (13/04/2024)
April 13, 2024

If that's cool I'll throw something up for it.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
So, Kaiju No. 8 just dropped today on Crunchyroll and there doesn't seem to be an OT for it. Does the standard claim procedure still need to be followed before setting up a thread?

Per the OP, you don't need to claim an OT for something that has already released. The purpose and spirit of this thread is that claiming an OT prior to release ensures there's no awkward situation where a communication breakdown results in competing OTs, and in the event where there are several parties interested, there is a central point of contact for collaboration.

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
Per the OP, you don't need to claim an OT for something that has already released. The mission and spirit of this thread is that claiming an OT prior to release ensures there's no awkward situation where a communication breakdown has resulted in competing OTs, and in the event where are several parties interested, there is a central point of contact for collaboration.
Got it. I'll throw something up then.

SixtyTwoMike

Oct 26, 2017
So Delta has been released on the App Store and I've been posting a lot about it - is this something that could warrant its own OT, is that allowed and if so can I do it?

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
iSVKF7T.png

RIP Abload.de

If you've made an OT in the past and stored images on abload.de, I'd strongly suggest migrating that to another hosting service if you want those images to be preserved.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
iSVKF7T.png

RIP Abload.de

If you've made an OT in the past and stored images on abload.de, I'd strongly suggest migrating that to another hosting service if you want those images to be preserved.
Oh damn, I need to go back and check some. I think I mostly use imgur and cubeupload but may have used Abload.de for some images.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Don't see anyone claiming it, and I guess I'll just slap it together in a bit since it's out today, but I'll make the
Megaton Musashi Wired |OT|