• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Razer Game Store is dead, who should go next?

• Epic Store

Votes: 261 38.8%
  • Windows Store

Votes: 156 23.2%
  • Bethesda.Net

Votes: 180 26.8%
  • Origin

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • PSN

Votes: 50 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Hahah after just unsubbing from Humble monthly yesterday I resubbed today been waiting to play Mutant but didn't want to pay full price as I am not that good at strategy games, but it looks so great, Super happy

Oct 25, 2017
Mods pls ban this sick filth.

tenor.gif

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
The price of the DOA season pass is pretty irrelevant if you can just get the stuff individually.

Who cares if there's hundreds of dollars worth of costumes. Just pick the few you want or ignore them entirely. Superfans/people with money to burn can buy them and help fund the game for everyone else.

The problem is that the PC version of DOA5 didn't have individual costumes for purchase (even when they released the F2P Core Fighters version, PC gamers could only buy costumes in bundles), and there hasn't been any indication so far that has changed for DOA6.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The problem is that the PC version of DOA5 didn't have individual costumes for purchase (even when they released the F2P Core Fighters version, PC gamers could only buy costumes in bundles), and there hasn't been any indication so far that has changed for DOA6.
In the store page it says they will be available separately.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
When you apply Multisampling anti aliasing to a 2004 game
F2C7432E69C3DBADB55E5796146ADD154EAB61D2
47CF49506F7044C6A27F41D5B48F2D70A3BED718

60C3DBD3347BFAD221EFBA5EFC4843F91BC43330
A05ABDC443E7414623F921FF622AFD1C15704F07

I'll say this much though, the 2D pre-rendered bakgrounds aren't affected by the aa settings I applied and look really nice.

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Mutant already in a bundle that's pretty shocking, not that I'm complaining. Definitely getting it this month already worth it.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Decided to get both KOTOR games for a couple bucks. Bit LTTP, but better late than never I guess! Hope they run ok.

EDIT: lol, good timing considering the post above mine.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
BioWare is a strange company, to be sure, always shifting. From Balders Gate to Kotor to Mass Effect and I guess now Anthem. Certainly they are no strangers to reinventing themselves to fit the market. It's just sad how much the RPG mechanics have been reduced to RPG elements and now seem completely watered down to nothing. I personally feel their writing has suffered under this as well, with each generation more simplistic, less like something out of a well written novel, and more like likes lines from a cheap TV series.

I wish them all the luck, but they have long since stopped being interesting to me.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
BioWare is a strange company, to be sure, always shifting. From Balders Gate to Kotor to Mass Effect and I guess now Anthem. Certainly they are no strangers to reinventing themselves to fit the market. It's just sad how much the RPG mechanics have been reduced to RPG elements and now seem completely watered down to nothing. I personally feel their writing has suffered under this as well, with each generation more simplistic, less like something out of a well written novel, and more like likes lines from a cheap TV series.

I wish them all the luck, but they have long since stopped being interesting to me.

We are living in age of GaaS games and age where games want to be RPGs more and more. Thou didn't need to reinvent anything, they would do just fine if they kept making awesome RPG games. But they either need to get better producers and directors, better Frostbite developers or ditch Frostbite.

Nov 1, 2017

Yeah they've been lost for a while now. If you got hyped for Anthem because it is from Bioware you're not seeing what's been going on for years. It's like gambling, "Maybe THIS one will be the one that makes me feel what I felt while playing Baldur's Gate!"

Arulan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah they've been lost for a while now. If you got hyped for Anthem because it is from Bioware you're not seeing what's been going on for years. It's like gambling, "Maybe THIS one will be the one that makes me feel what I felt while playing Baldur's Gate!"
Pretty much. This has been BioWare for eight years now. Threads and articles about how BioWare has fallen only once they've hit rock bottom isn't helpful anymore.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Nvidia's old drivers have really bad security flaws.
https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4772

The newest ones are bugged with high CPU issues, and won't be fixed 'til next week.
https://forums.geforce.com/default/...a-container-nvcontainer-exe-high-cpu-usage/1/

447819226795999233.gif
Is it just related with GFE? I uninstalled that program so long ago and saw such a huge performance boost in games. When I had it installed, Overwatch would run at like 45 FPS on my machine, I uninstall and it is 100+ FPS easily.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Is it just related with GFE? I uninstalled that program so long ago and saw such a huge performance boost in games. When I had it installed, Overwatch would run at like 45 FPS on my machine, I uninstall and it is 100+ FPS easily.

No these are actual display driver problems. Serious ones.

I agree that GFE is trash bloatware though. :)

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
BioWare is a strange company, to be sure, always shifting. From Balders Gate to Kotor to Mass Effect and I guess now Anthem. Certainly they are no strangers to reinventing themselves to fit the market. It's just sad how much the RPG mechanics have been reduced to RPG elements and now seem completely watered down to nothing.

I think there's an interesting discussion to be had about the evolution of QoL streamlining across multiple genres.

I remember when Oblivion previews started popping up and how utterly outraged Elder Scrolls fans were that Bethesda was dumbing down Morrowind's sequel with hand-holdy features like Quest Markers and Fast Travel. Some viewed it as the ushering in of the plebeian masses. I personally remember being disappointed that you couldn't custom create any type of spell you wanted.

But honestly, could you imagine any modern game that didn't offer guidance to the next quest objective via map icons or otherwise? It would feel antiquated in my opinion. Like an oversight. Or how about spell descriptions in the old SNES Final Fantasy games? You had to RTFM to even know what they did 'cause you sure as hell couldn't access the info in-game.

Maybe the pendulum swung too far in the other direction in some cases, like for example the simplistic dialogue options in Fallout 4. But by and large the evolution of the RPG genre has been a net positive imo regarding overall frameworks. Perhaps the days of 100 page instruction manuals are gone (most of which existed strictly in service of hardware & software limitations). But I think we've gained a lot of ground in cutting out the chaff through improving accessibility.

Maybe that does equate to simplifying things. And I can sympathize with the lure of grognard-ass grognard game design (hello, UnReal World). But I've personally been pretty happy with the evolution of the RPGs over the past couple decades.

You've got multiple genres smashing into each other atm. Each borrowing and hopefully adopting the best, most intelligent systems from each other to create hybrids like the latest Assassin's Creed. I think it creates a broader experience for any given title. If it's a little diluted from the source material, well I guess that's the price we pay to offer something with a broader scope and (barf to some) wider appeal.

And I'm by and large okay with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.