• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Razer Game Store is dead, who should go next?

• Epic Store

Votes: 261 38.8%
  • Windows Store

Votes: 156 23.2%
  • Bethesda.Net

Votes: 180 26.8%
  • Origin

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • PSN

Votes: 50 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TenaciousD

Banned
Mar 6, 2018
I bought a new monitor for my gaming laptop (gtx 1070) after the drivers released. I went with the Gsync certified Asus VG278Q and then a month later discovered there's an IPS version (279) that's a small price difference and still freesync (not g-sync certified), but this made it sound like it works. Technically I still have a day left to return it, but I don't know if I should, with the 5% possibility that it isn't flawless. At the time I bought it there wasn't enough testing done on non-certified monitors to make an educated purchase. I still haven't seen any good comprehensive lists/testing done.

Mate, the VG278Q is literally on Nvidia's 12 monitor recommend list. It'll work fine, don't waste your money, you won't be able to tell the difference between Freesync / Gysnc compatible and Gsync.

As I said in the post, the majority of Freesync monitors work fine. The ones that don't only support Freesync over HDMI which Nvidia doesn't support but AMD does, and a couple manufacturers put out really shitty monitors that have issues, but those same monitors have issues on AMD cards as well. It's rare you'll find an issue that's Nvidia specific.

Also, there's been a ton of testing. It's literally a google search away.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/ajapt4/best_freesync_and_gsync_compatible_monitors_for/
https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/ai02vr/optimal_settings_for_gsync_on_freesync_according/
https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/ag6a9f/how_to_enable_adaptivesync_freesync_if_you_have/

Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
I continued playing Yakuza Kiwami, and now I watched a walkthrough of original Yakuza PS2, and I can't say that changes they've for some reason made in Kiwami were for the best. Firstly, there was no that much Majima. Secondly, I complained about the weird pacing of the story, and apparently, it was because in Kiwami they added additional episode about Yumi birthday, where you need to find the ring for her, this scene was nothing but really boring fetch quest and it felt out of place. I guess they tried to highlight bonds between Yumi, Nishki and Kiryu, but that gameplay sequence was really unnecessary.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
I continued playing Yakuza Kiwami, and now I watched a walkthrough of original Yakuza PS2, and I can't say that changes they've for some reason made in Kiwami were for the best. Firstly, there was no that much Majima. Secondly, I complained about the weird pacing of the story, and apparently, it was because in Kiwami they added additional episode about Yumi birthday, where you need to find the ring for her, this scene was nothing but really boring fetch quest and it felt out of place. I guess they tried to highlight bonds between Yumi, Nishki and Kiryu, but that gameplay sequence was really unnecessary.
That scene was actually new? Lmao.
It made me think "ah yes, the PS2 roots really show". :P

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you leave your PC on at home, you can actually stream from your PC to your phone. So you can actually play Steam games on your phone whilst your PC is on at home.​
Oh shit
Valve finally bringing Out-of-Home Streaming to Steam? What a bombshell.

vitormg

Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
I've just read LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring after finishing The Hobbit and I'm craving for some LOTR lore and games. Reading The Two Towers is happening asap, but are the lego games and Shadow of Mordor my best bets to enhance my Middle-Earth immersion?

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Interesting concept. Do think playing on your phone is something you do when you are away from home for a longer period of time. And at those moments I don't keep my PC on.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
I've just read LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring after finishing The Hobbit and I'm craving for some LOTR lore and games. Reading The Two Towers is happening asap, but are the lego games and Shadow of Mordor my best bets to enhance my Middle-Earth immersion?

Buy used copies of:

Battle of middle earth 1+2+witch king (PC)
The third age (only on consoles but you can emulate it)
The two towers (same as above)
The return of the king (pc)

Their last post on twitter was in August 2018, so maybe it is indeed dead

Don't see why they would let the other pages stay unchanged if it were indeed cancelled

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Interesting concept. Do think playing on your phone is something you do when you are away from home for a longer period of time. And at those moments I don't keep my PC on.

Steam Link app on Samsung TV has option to turn on PC over the network so you can leave it turned off and turn it on when you need it. Also you can attach modern phones to TVs and connect gamepads to phones (and even TVs) so for example you can play games when you go to relatives during holidays or things like that.

TenaciousD

Banned
Mar 6, 2018
Is the current Humble Monthly worth it? I can't tell. I paused last month with no regrets.
I've got so many other games to play.

Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
Metro Exodus on Steam is being review bombed because of Epic Store exclusivity... With positive reviews

unknown.png

85% positive so far
unknown.png

Andres

Oct 25, 2017
https://steamcommunity.com/games/449610/announcements/detail/1773760074708142923
Hello Everyone,
thank you very much for your interest in Monster Boy and for adding it to your wishlist! <3 We're currently finishing our 1.0.4 patches on consoles and the PC version will be based on that with all the fixes and updates + PC exclusive ultra widescreen support. We need a bit more time which is the reason that we changed from Q1 to 2019 but we're working on it and there's no artificial delay. Also please don't worry, the game won't disappear from Steam Store, we haven't signed any exclusivity.
I wonder how long until "we aren't going exclusive" will be used as a selling point for a PC game.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Finally got Destiny 2 to download (fuck you Adaware) and played a bit this morning. Seems like a really slick PC port. Just cranked everything up all the way and it hums along so well. Definitely not going to win any graphics:technical awards but the art style more than makes up for it so far.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I HATED that ring shit, my PC crashed after lending money the 2nd time so I had to redo it all too

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I'm trying to play Enderal but after the initial scene. The screen goes black, I get voice over narration breaking up every few seconds and "skyrim is not responding" Not sure whats going wrong here?

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
300 Hours in Titanfall 1 and you never got the sequel? What is you doin. Get it right now and enjoy the best FPS campaign in the past decade. The MP is not dead but the queue times are pretty long and you'll be getting obliterated by veterans unless you're insanely good.

I think there was a pot of other games around that time that I way playing. Such as Metal Gear Solid 5 since I put something like 400 hours into Metal Gear Online 3 (the online multiplayer part of Metal Gear Solid V) I really liked the game and was still playing it well into 2016. I also got a PS Vita around that time I think and I was really into that buying a lot of games for it and playing them, the end of 2016-2017 were the times that I was using my gaming PC the least from what I recall.

I'm just waiting for the game to go on sale is all.

As for Titanfall 1 I am ranked Gen 7. I was able to get in a good amount of kills against other players in the game when I played last night.

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017
I decided to grab the EA Premier Access to try out Anthem. And, it's unfortunately pretty bland when it comes to what the game is actually about: loot cycle. Loot comes to you as a vague blip of some degree of rarity and is later revealed at the end of the session in a big grid. So, you never get that feeling of "I accomplished THAT and that's how I got THIS." You just watch your stat number increase incrementally until the end game, when it actually starts to matter. Supposedly.

Flying around playing Iron Man/War Machine feels great... until all story progress halts while you complete a series of menial tasks that you've already done during quests, missions and quick play but haven't done yet in free play, so do those now, please, and be quick before others gank that treasure chest. Then, flying around feels like and actually becomes a chore. It's a bummer because the vistas are genuinely inspired, but you're incentivized to blow right by them all.

The world is unique, but the attempt to hold the story back to pique interest makes the narrative feel like a series of deidentified platitudes. The Heart of Rage is something you kind of know about, but really don't, now watch people dance around the topic while they speak to your unnamed, faceless character about all of the things he/she knows, but you don't. There's also a huge disconnect between narrative and gameplay that occurs when you squad up with 3 other people and then watch as the story completely drops them from the picture, then picks them back up in time for the shooting and the looting.

Certain weapons and abilities feel good. Others don't. Sometimes, like in the case of the Ranger's spark beam, you're forced to use the one that feels bland and lifeless because nothing else performs even closely. Honestly, it's looking like that's the story of the entire class of the Ranger.

I'll leave with this: I had a perfect opportunity to skip work and play this all day today. I'm currently typing on my phone while on the good, marginally cleaner toilet in my office building.

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I dont understand my hardware, I have a 6600K and 970 and Metro Exodus and Crackdown 3 run flawlessly, or at least better than I thought they would (both came out last week) however Saints Row: Gat out of Hell (4 years old) and Agents of Mayhem (1.5 years old) performance is sub par with inconsistent FPS. I assume this CPU related as these bigger worlds are more CPU heavy? Crackdown 3 is a bigger world than Gat out of Hell though.

Status
Not open for further replies.