Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

THE QUEEN HAS SURPASSED LOCKES REVEAL TRAILER IN LESS THAN 2 DAYS.

6kWwTaF.gif

UnpleasantCompassionateKoala.gif

Square-Enix can now see this popular Queens impacT!

Truly the best timeline. Hopefully SE see the people clamouring for more VIII and do something with it.

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I'm still shocked FF8 isn't on ps4, unless they're planning to fix the broken junction system ala international zodiac ed down the road.

Jan 11, 2018
That wouldn't really fix it. You would still be able to circumvent leveling by using spells instead, you can get most needed spells without having to take on high level enemies, or any enemies at all, and if you play casually, that doesn't fix the incredibly tedious draw system.

Yes, it would. As it is, you can beat the game at level 1 with high tier magic junctioned. If the enemy levels didn't scale according to the player level, this would no longer be possible.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
That wouldn't really fix it. You would still be able to circumvent leveling by using spells instead, you can get most needed spells without having to take on high level enemies, or any enemies at all, and if you play casually, that doesn't fix the incredibly tedious draw system.
It's only tedious if you are grinding spells, and grinding and tedium go hand in hand. Majority of spells though you can and should be getting by methods other than drawing.

Since there is little/no incentive to grind for levels, collecting magic takes its place.

Last edited:

dragonlife

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I loved Rinoa's design all those years ago, and she was always in my party because I loved her weapon, but I don't actually remember her personality at all.

I need to replay VIII. And IX. Steam winter sale, maybe.

Jan 11, 2018
Yes it would, cuz you can just get your stats super high without leveling up. You know, with junction.

If the final boss was level 100 and you were level 1, you wouldn't be able to even make it to the final boss just by junctioning your way there. Unless you're willing to spend hours on getting more magic without levelling up, in which case you might as well grind. The reason why it's so easy to stay low level in this game in the first place is because the enemy levels scale with yours so you can always be one step ahead with the stats via junctioning. That just wouldn't be possible if enemies got progressively more difficult due to fixed levels. You can get ridiculously OP in the post-game of any FF, that's not the issue here. We're talking about making it through the main story without being able to easily break the system. If it's just as easy or easier to just grind your way up to be even-levelled with the enemies, you might as well do that and not just run around for ages waiting for draw points to respawn, or draw 100 low tier spells from easy enemies without beating them for the EXP.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
If the final boss was level 100 and you were level 1, you wouldn't be able to even make it to the final boss just by junctioning your way there. Unless you're willing to spend hours on getting more magic without levelling up, in which case you might as well grind. The reason why it's so easy to stay low level in this game in the first place is because the enemy levels scale with yours so you can always be one step ahead with the stats via junctioning. That just wouldn't be possible if enemies got progressively more difficult due to fixed levels. You can get ridiculously OP in the post-game of any FF, that's not the issue here. We're talking about making it through the main story without being able to easily break the system. If it's just as easy or easier to just grind your way up to be even-levelled with the enemies, you might as well do that and not just run around for ages waiting for draw points to respawn, or draw 100 low tier spells from easy enemies without beating them for the EXP.

Or you know... just abuse card game system and get your junction spells that way... which is what most people do...

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
I've always thought Rinoa was the most unappreciated female Final Fantasy character, but I'm happy to see I was wrong. She's always been my favorite; she just seems more real than any of the other FF protagonists, and I say that while absolutely loving Terra.

BrandoBoySP

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know if we're going to get English gameplay soon? I'm really curious to see how they'll make her sound, and I don't know when we got the Locke English gameplay.

Oct 31, 2017
Btw I guess I'll be buying Dissidia NT sometime this year. It's just a shame that the game is slower than Duodecim and prioritizes 3v3 rather than 1v1 and that the story mode is barren/weak. I kinda wish they'd release a Dissidia NT 1.5 somewhat in the vein of Duodecim but I guess that's way too much work considering how poorly the game sold.

The writing was on the wall though TBH. Constant negative feedback regarding the 3v3 and the horrendous UI and they just continued to ignore it

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Next year is FFVIII's 20 Year Anniversary (holy shit!).

Get ready, Wazzy. Upgraded character/monster models, HD pre-rendered backgrounds, new CG by Visual Works, and full voice acting! This is why we wait! Belieeeeeeeve! ;)

Zero-ELEC

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Shouldn't she have highlights in her hair? I seem to recall her having a brown stripe of hair in the high res renders...

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
But this is LRXIII Snow though, who has been through thousands of years of grief and moping and is a much more level headed character

Plus this is a fighting game, whether you like the characters personality or not is pretty much irrelevant.

Perhaps, but if you have characters that have a focus in the game's story mode, then I think that their personality will still shine in regardless. Not to mention that it is usually the idea of a character's personality being a reason why some people would choose to use some characters in fighting games, so I wouldn't say it would be that irrelevant.

Mind you that if this is Snow from Lightning Returns, I wouldn't have any clue or recollection since I didn't bother with the third game after the first burnt me out while the 2nd left me bored. As such, if he is a more tolerable character, then that's one less issue I would have with him.

Oct 25, 2017
I loved Rinoa's design all those years ago, and she was always in my party because I loved her weapon, but I don't actually remember her personality at all.

Personally i'd say her personality probably isn't extremely memorable because its pretty complex, deep and is fleshed out as you go.
She has lots of traits that they show(like the sass) but never push them too much as to make it over the top.
Personally its part of why she is my favorite FF female, she just feels more real personally.

Kinda like Squall except they establish the "whatever" attitude pretty hard early on,
and then every appearance outside VIII resets him to early VIII personality and attitude.

glasiche

Avenger
Feb 12, 2018
She looks like they gave her plastic surgery. I like Japanese Rinoa better than this one, but hey
it's not like i'm playing Dissidia anyway lol

Zen_Mu

Dec 7, 2017
Nashmeira is kind of a walking spoiler, although I guess Dissidia hasn't shied away from those much, but she's pretty much the only XI "mission girl" who doesn't get directly involved in combat, not even through the automatons to a satisfactory degree (Naja handled that instead in ToAU). Iroha would be great though, and Lilisette is starting to make more appearances, recently in JP Opera Omnia and soon enough in FF Record Keeper... which in turn could help open up the possibilities of getting best antagonist Lilith (better than both the Zilart boys) in a crossover game at some point.

Raogrimm is the best XI antagonist IMO, his backstory is my favorite (Lilith's is probably my 2nd favorite). In fact I'd love for him in his full SK glory to be in the game, but they mostly go for the pretty or cute characters in Dissidia. Lilisette (or Lilith) would be a good choice though. I was going to suggest Naja in my first post, but they already have 1 cat girl, 2 might be too much. The more I think about it though Iroha would be perfect, she'd have some great attacks/abilities too.

OP
OP
Wazzy

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Next year is FFVIII's 20 Year Anniversary (holy shit!).

Get ready, Wazzy. Upgraded character/monster models, HD pre-rendered backgrounds, new CG by Visual Works, and full voice acting! This is why we wait! Belieeeeeeeve! ;)
SCTgoHK.gif

I'M ALREADY PREPARING THE OT FOR IT AFTER MY 15TH ONE.

SE betta get their shit together after seeing the Rinoa hype. They need to give us our remake!

Square is probably well aware that it shows up in the bottom half of most popularity polls.

cv8RQO9.png
cv8RQO9.png

The bitterness from VIII haters is making my life.

She looks like they gave her plastic surgery. I like Japanese Rinoa better than this one, but hey
it's not like i'm playing Dissidia anyway lol
? Rinoa is European influenced. Her main artwork she looks like Camilla Belle lol

Though I do agree one of the things about Rinoa in VIII is her look definitely would change throughout. There is definitely times where she looks Asian.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017

the fucking hair flip

the slight eye narrow as she makes the 'one' gesture (just like the original <3)

trophy boyfriend squall in the background

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
Btw I guess I'll be buying Dissidia NT sometime this year. It's just a shame that the game is slower than Duodecim and prioritizes 3v3 rather than 1v1 and that the story mode is barren/weak. I kinda wish they'd release a Dissidia NT 1.5 somewhat in the vein of Duodecim but I guess that's way too much work considering how poorly the game sold.

The writing was on the wall though TBH. Constant negative feedback regarding the 3v3 and the horrendous UI and they just continued to ignore it
Maybe they will try again at some point considering that the arcade version is apparently still a major success and they just have to port things over. Add in another scenario, add in a 1v1 mode, and fix the networking issues (though they may have done that by now). Actually advertise it this time too and not release it during an insanely crowded week. It could work. Or it could officially destroy the Dissidia franchise for good on the console, idk.

OP
OP
Wazzy

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017

the fucking hair flip

the slight eye narrow as she makes the 'one' gesture (just like the original <3)

trophy boyfriend squall in the background
Squall is killing me in the background. It looks like he is glitching at the very end lmao

The eye narrow is such a great nod. AHHH WHY CAN'T SHE BE AVAILABLE NOW.

It's the only thing keeping me alive at this point tbh

giphy.gif

I say we let the tears keep flowing
It's too good. Like they are so mad over this. xD

Oct 31, 2017
Maybe they will try again at some point considering that the arcade version is apparently still a major success and they just have to port things over. Add in another scenario, add in a 1v1 mode, and fix the networking issues (though they may have done that by now). Actually advertise it this time too and not release it during an insanely crowded week. It could work. Or it could officially destroy the Dissidia franchise for good on the console, idk.

I mean they'd have to probably make a decent amount of changes.

For starters a lot of people want the RPG elements back. That alone will take a fair amount of work, and rebalancing (or, tbh, unbalancing)

Then they'd have to make the overall gameplay faster. And probably design it so that characters have more than just one HP attack.

Lastly, a proper story mode will take a fair bit of effort. Idk, I loved Duodecim's story mode. It wasn't too long; took me roughly a dozen hours. It was nicely paced. It wasn't the overly-lengthy and repetitive borefest of the original that I legitimately hated. I'd love to see a return of a World Map in the style of Duodecim (except maybe less insanely overpowered enemies roaming the field), and for the dungeons to be actual proper dungeons (they wouldn't have to be anything elaborate, just nice and simple. Anything's better than the dumb chessboards)

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
cv8RQO9.png
cv8RQO9.png

The bitterness from VIII haters is making my life.
Lol, I believe my feelings have long been on the record as quite the opposite. It is probably my favorite in the series.

But I don't think to say the general perception to it is mixed, is that much of a stretch.

Scuttlefluff

Oct 28, 2017
I've been playing this game (NT) and it really clicked with me, I actually love it. Sure there are things to pick apart, it's not a patch on the PSP games and it only has about 50% of the content it should, but damn it feels good to actually understand all this chaos and throw down with your faves. I've had some damn close matches. I picked up the season pass and both the new characters slay it. Vayne hits like a truck, and Locke is so fuckin quick.

Underneath the bad netcode, truncated campaign and lack of features there's an excellent base game here IMO. Speaking as a Dissidia vet with 300hrs clocked on 012.

OP
OP
Wazzy

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Okay so I ordered the SteelBook of Dissidia NT and it was expected to arrive next week but came a day after I ordered it so that already had me happy. I just got home and opened it. The box design is random and I get it's only three choices that can happen but...

MINE IS SQUALL. IT'S LIKE THEY KNOW.
5ZJV7j8.gif

Lol, I believe my feelings have long been on the record as quite the opposite. It is probably my favorite in the series.

But I don't think to say the general perception to it is mixed, is that much of a stretch.
I don't think anyone disagrees that VIII is polarizing but it's not unpopular and it definitely does not rank at the bottom. Very consistently VIII ranks in the top 6 games. Most cases you see it ranked low is when it's a personal opinion and not a voted one.

Jan 11, 2018
Okay so I ordered the SteelBook of Dissidia NT and it was expected to arrive next week but came a day after I ordered it so that already had me happy. I just got home and opened it. The box design is random and I get it's only three choices that can happen but...

We only got one variant here in Europe :(

But at least we got the better slipcase!

Loona

Oct 29, 2017
If we had a dozen of sword boys, nothing wrong with having some more Spears. Especially since polerams >>>>>>>>>>> swords.

You might be on to something:

FFXI_Iroha.png

This. I don't get the people who think Gabranth was the better choice other than perhaps in terms of his design. Gabranth isn't even the second most important villain in the game. How he got in over Vayne in the PSP games in the first place is beyond me.

Apparently Nomura has a big role in the character choices, and according to one interview he put Cloud of Darkness in the original Dissidia because there was artwork of her that had never made it to a game (became her default Dissidia look - but due to its nature, it barely gets a role in the story) and Gabrath mostly on account of being on the logo - there are cases that clearly involved playing the games, like Jecht, but I get the impression he hasn't played or cared about most in the series.

Raogrimm is the best XI antagonist IMO, his backstory is my favorite (Lilith's is probably my 2nd favorite). In fact I'd love for him in his full SK glory to be in the game, but they mostly go for the pretty or cute characters in Dissidia. Lilisette (or Lilith) would be a good choice though. I was going to suggest Naja in my first post, but they already have 1 cat girl, 2 might be too much. The more I think about it though Iroha would be perfect, she'd have some great attacks/abilities too.

Naja would be tricky, but not do to the feline factor (with all ther permutations of guy-with-sword it really shouldn't be an issue) - she can hold her own in a fight, clearly, but not quite at the Dissidia scale. She's a great and fun character, but her skillset isn't the kind that gets her invited to crossover combat games (unless XIV's Hildibrand makes it, then it's a free for all)... but if they had her run an in-game shop or something, no matter how exploitative it'd be it'd always feel in-character though...

A transforming Lilith/Lilisette not unlike how Cecil is handled would be cool - in XI's optional Heroine's Holdfast arena when you fight Lilisette at one point she can split into two, which seems like a nod to the nature of the characters, not to mention the WotG ending...

For Iroha a Phoenix-based EX mode skill would be kind of a natural choice.

Raogrimm could work in a partial Shadow Lord form, no unlike Ex mode Jecht in the PSP Dissidias, but at that point, might as well use Zeid instead (who works both as hero and antagonist, if you take his Bastok-specific stories into account).

OP
OP
Wazzy

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Rinoa Character Page

Rinoa's character page is up on the JP website. There is three clips of her voice and a couple Hi-Res battle photo's. The summary mentions The Forest Owls and how Squall/SeeD assist them.

I'm hoping in the next couple hours she will be available at the arcade so that we can get some videos.

ozctNTfM

Last edited:

PhazonBlonde

User requested ban
Banned
May 18, 2018
Somewhere deep in space

MINE IS SQUALL. IT'S LIKE THEY KNOW.
5ZJV7j8.gif

I don't think anyone disagrees that VIII is polarizing but it's not unpopular and it definitely does not rank at the bottom. Very consistently VIII ranks in the top 6 games. Most cases you see it ranked low is when it's a personal opinion and not a voted one.
awww i'm glad you pulled the squall case! Where did you get NT on the cheap?

OP
OP
Wazzy

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Okay looking it up she should have been? implemented into the arcade version now.

Time to start watching out for videos!

I also wonder if someone will translate the parts in the stream discussing Rinoa. Auto-translate is so bad lol
awww i'm glad you pulled the squall case! Where did you get NT on the cheap?
I ordered it from S-E on Amazon. It wasn't super cheap but it's on sale for $40 right now which was nice!