OP
OP
Wazzy

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like she's out in Arcade:

I'm dying at them spamming her quotes and the 6 Rinoas fighting each other LMAO

Rinoa's losing pose has finally been shown! I love it.

TqQf4qi.gif

Last edited:

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
How are people experts at playing as her already!? It's been seven months and I'm not even an expert with a single character on PS4* lol

*would help if I could connect to battles with five other actual human beings, and the game wasn't incredibly laggy

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't shake the feeling that Rinoa would have never be given this design had her been created in 2018. She would've lost her long sweater that blocks the view of her butt, and would sport some variation of the animetacular "thigh gap". And that's the minimum because I don't discard they giving her bigger tits and/or a cleveage.

Falcs

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Ha, her outfit hasn't aged well. Screams so much of the 90's...
But dammit if this doesn't make me want a FF8 remake so damn bad!

OP
OP
Wazzy

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Rinoa

Nov 1, 2017
Ahhhh, after 20 years I'm free. Time to conquer dissidia!

I like that her Deuce/flute voice isn't always too high pitched anime, that "oharo" though.
I'm enjoying finding all the little details and design changes, like how she has one ring on her dress outfit but two on the duster outfit.

mostly happy for Wazzy

OP
OP
Wazzy

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
A bunch of gameplay videos of Rinoa are out now and she looks incredibly fun to play. Her voice changes when she is in Angel Wing mode. It's deeper and more serious sounding which is notable if you watch her summon Shiva in both forms. Her full moveset is out on famitsu which details her attacks. I still adore the fact Wishing Star, the goofiest of all her Angelo LB's, is included though I'm not sure how viable of an HP attack it is.

Most videos are full of Rinoa players so she looks pretty popular to play so far though it's still early and she is new.

Also because I love how this looks...Charlies Angels Rinoa:
4s5rsGg.gif

Like I said before S-E...Rinoa, Yuna and Aeris for that YRP...or..Prishe I guess to make it work..
Ahhhh, after 20 years I'm free. Time to conquer dissidia!

I like that her Deuce/flute voice isn't always too high pitched anime, that "oharo" though.
I'm enjoying finding all the little details and design changes, like how she has one ring on her dress outfit but two on the duster outfit.

mostly happy for Wazzy
I remember you from the old forum! You had that really cool Final Fantasy VIII logo wall decal right?

I love the attention to detail for Rinoa in Dissidia. Everything from her design to her moveset and actions is just really well done. Something I was concerned about because Squall wasn't lucky enough to get that treatment. I'm very happy with what they've done and the reaction to her reveal. I hope in the future if we get that remake they decide to update the ps2 models that were perfect in what they were trying to achieve which is replicating VIII's FMV as playable.

Rinoa

Nov 1, 2017
A bunch of gameplay videos of Rinoa are out now and she looks incredibly fun to play. Her voice changes when she is in Angel Wing mode. It's deeper and more serious sounding which is notable if you watch her summon Shiva in both forms. Her full moveset is out on famitsu which details her attacks. I still adore the fact Wishing Star, the goofiest of all her Angelo LB's, is included though I'm not sure how viable of an HP attack it is.

I saw the moveset and translated it for a few peeps on a FF8 discord earlier. Unusual that she has move called Harpy Shoot and in the air Cherubim Shot. I get Cherubim with the angel theme but aren't harpies bad?

I remember you from the old forum! You had that really cool Final Fantasy VIII logo wall decal right?

I love the attention to detail for Rinoa in Dissidia. Everything from her design to her moveset and actions is just really well done. Something I was concerned about because Squall wasn't lucky enough to get that treatment. I'm very happy with what they've done and the reaction to her reveal. I hope in the future if we get that remake they decide to update the ps2 models that were perfect in what they were trying to achieve which is replicating VIII's FMV as playable.

Yep that's me, and we still have that decal in the living room though the furniture has changed. The details and slight changes on Rinoa is Nomura nitpicking to keep her represented "just right". From the tiny highlights to the new hazel (Camilla Belle) eyes, it's all intentional... that's why we waited 20 years. But now she's thicc compared to Squall lol

OP
OP
Wazzy

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I really want to know is if Nomura gave an estimate of when he plans to finish Rinoa's artwork. I would like to see the full thing especially if Angelo is included.
literally your reaction when you realize you have to wait to play her
So true. :(

My exact pose would be the one in the back doing this:
XjYPRoO.png

I saw the moveset and translated it for a few peeps on a FF8 discord earlier. Unusual that she has move called Harpy Shoot and in the air Cherubim Shot. I get Cherubim with the angel theme but aren't harpies bad?

Yep that's me, and we still have that decal in the living room though the furniture has changed. The details and slight changes on Rinoa is Nomura nitpicking to keep her represented "just right". From the tiny highlights to the new hazel (Camilla Belle) eyes, it's all intentional... that's why we waited 20 years. But now she's thicc compared to Squall lol
Yeah I saw that and it's definitely a weird attack name for her.

I honestly think he should straight up convince Camilla Belle to mocap for Rinoa and voice act even though she could be absolutely terrible lol I kind of like that they added a bit of weight to her and gave her curves. Only change I would probably make is make her eyebrows a bit thicker and more defined like they were in the original.

Last edited:

Soul Unison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
More than any other character so far, Rinoa looks absolutely ridiculous fighting in the Dissidia/Advent Children style.
Her little Wrist-Boomerang Launcher is even more laughably impractical now that it actually has to animate fully on screen and can't be faked behind camera cuts or a low FPS.

Ultimecia, you control time. A teenage girl just threw a dog at you.
Get your shit together.

Last edited:

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017

Not Rinoa Mao by chance? From the SquareGamer days?

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
On the one hand, man, the beta absolutely killed most of my interest in the game after how it felt slower/heavier compared to the PSP games, which I poured hours into (I want to say I hit the 100 hour mark on the original because I got Squall to level 99), but damn it, Rinoa's playstyle & silly moves (LAUNCHING A DOG AT YOUR ENEMY) makes this so tempting, especially since it's someone new & helps expand the female roster.

Guess I'll keep an eye on the game if it hits around $25 or so. Kind of sucks that most of the new characters are relegated to DLC, which also helped lowered my interest in the game when I saw the roster had very few new characters.

FrontierGamer

Banned
Jan 31, 2018
Seeing Rinoa in Dissidia NT makes me yearn for the future realization of a Final Fantasy VIII Remake.
(after FF VII Remake)

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing Rinoa like this makes me so hopeful that she will be in KH III.

DimitriLH

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
I'm still on the fence for this game.

Any significant improvements since launch?

Slightly improved netcode, they are still trying to find a perfect balance.

A event/tournament mode that has all attacks unlocked, online only though.

Each new character usually brings more cutscenes and events for the story mode.

And they keep adding QoL changes and balance updates, no signs of updates stopping for now.

Oct 25, 2017
So as someone that just got into the mobile game with this announcement,
how should Rinoa's story work with Squall being an optional character in that game?

Altera

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
How is the online community for this game? Is it easy to find a game or is it pretty much dead?

OP
OP
Wazzy

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
How is the online community for this game? Is it easy to find a game or is it pretty much dead?
I'm having difficulty getting matches honestly. I just stick to offline and completing story right now.
how should Rinoa's story work with Squall being an optional character in that game?
Which game? Opera Omnia or NT?

I understand you're saying you started OO but I'm confused which game you're asking about Rinoa's role in.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm having difficulty getting matches honestly. I just stick to offline and completing story right now.

Which game? Opera Omnia or NT?

I understand you're saying you started OO but I'm confused which game you're asking about Rinoa's role in.
Opera Omnia, sorry.

Just wondering because there are a bunch of interactions and stuff between characters in that game but with Squall being an optional side character I am curious if it would just be with main story characters or if they'd require Squall to do her stuff.

That is if she actually is coming to OO

I'm actually enjoying OO more than NT because of the character stuff so far

OP
OP
Wazzy

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Opera Omnia, sorry.

Just wondering because there are a bunch of interactions and stuff between characters in that game but with Squall being an optional side character I am curious if it would just be with main story characters or if they'd require Squall to do her stuff.

That is if she actually is coming to OO

I'm actually enjoying OO more than NT because of the character stuff so far
Every event character is introduced into the story at some point so they aren't optional. They all have scenes involving them after the event. Story characters are just more prevalent because of being introduced from it while event characters have story added after. Squall was featured in Selphie's story and will most definitely appear in Rinoa's.

She is already confirmed for OO in JP and will probably release this week or next week unless they hold off to release her the same time as NT release in August.

Oct 25, 2017
Every event character is introduced into the story at some point so they aren't optional. They all have scenes involving them after the event. Story characters are just more prevalent because of being introduced from it while event characters have story added after. Squall was featured in Selphie's story and will most definitely appear in Rinoa's.

She is already confirmed for OO in JP and will probably release this week or next week unless they hold off to release her the same time as NT release in August.
Oh ok good,
thank you.

I was actually glad I could get Squall so early but disappointed because I didn't think he'd get much after that or especially with Rinoa.

I'm only at ch4 so far.

OP
OP
Wazzy

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Oh ok good,
thank you.

I was actually glad I could get Squall so early but disappointed because I didn't think he'd get much after that or especially with Rinoa.

I'm only at ch4 so far.
Yeah I was concerned too but I knew they wouldn't reduce important characters such as Squall, Aeris, Locke, Celes and Ashe to one time events only. :P

The story get's pretty interesting so I'm exciting for where it will eventually end up. I hope Rinoa's event is announced this week.

Voke

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I waited for a console dissidia forever and I don't ever own it yet. Is this game worth it?

Loona

Oct 29, 2017

Over time the optional temporary chapters get added permanently.

For example, this week global OO added Lion from XI, and Squall's chapter was added permanently about a month or two ago, so now he gets to appear briefly during her story scenes, because of course he would for a character called Lion. I'd expect a bigger appearance by the time Rinoa gets added.

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We really need a PS4 remaster and this would've been the perfect time to announce one. I hate being a SE fan sometimes. :/

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I waited for a console dissidia forever and I don't ever own it yet. Is this game worth it?

If you're a fan, go for it. I could grab it for as low as 15 last week.

But its not a great game. Its weaker than the PSP games and the game banks about everything on online multiplayer which would be fine if the netcode wasn't so fucking bad. Majority of matches have been laggy for me, perhaps its just not active in Europe or active at all? I match with lots of Golds while I'm high bronze.