Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
My house is usually brightly lit this time of day through the windows but it feels like it's around 7pm.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
The air quality all across Cali is bad. I live in the valley and while it doesn't look like this, the AQI was a solid 498 just a few hours ago...

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, those Oregon shots are like Batman: TAS Gotham.

be8170262af5201b81ef3990911d84ff.jpg

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
The air quality all across Cali is bad. I live in the valley and while it doesn't look like this, the AQI was a solid 498 just a few hours ago...

It's weird, because the filter doesn't necessarily make the air 'worse'. I'm in like the 70s right now, but I still don't trust staying outside :/

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
It's nuts I woke up just before 7 and it was dark as fuck. I'm at work right now and this shit is weird. This ain't just San Francisco, pretty much the entire Bay Area.

fellsine

Apr 17, 2018
It's really strange that it is getting darker as the day progresses. Went on a walk outside here around 8am and it was odd, but now it is disconcerting.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
The DeYoung Observation Tower is closed

:(

Was gonna get some shots in.

Not as high up but feel free to come to our rooftop... thats the USF hill and normally you see the transamerican and BoA building to the left of it.

edit: This is with extended night exposure on galaxy s20. Ocean direction is even darker

8w0fOpF.jpg

Double edit: this was taken at 10:45 AM with extra exposure. Seeing it yourself is ominous as hell.

Last edited:

Pall Mall

Oct 25, 2017
Been trying to get a good photo but my phone just can't capture the yellow haze. It really is all over the bay not just SF

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it still looks like dusk here in Concord. It feel soooo weird outside. I was expecting to be choking on smoke but its pretty clear right now.
Yeah I work in Oakland and got here and was like oh it doesn't smell like it looks at all. I live about 30 min east of Oakland, looked like that everywhere.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Looks like the wildfires in Australia earlier this year.

The world is so fucking depressing right now.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Not sure. However when I got to my car this morning there was a layer of dust/ash on top of my car.

Wildfire Smoke|Wildfires

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) provides information on how to stay safe and healthy before, during, and after a wildfire including avoiding health impacts from wildfire smoke and cleaning up safely.

Smoke inhalation occurs when you breathe in harmful smoke particles and gases. Inhaling harmful smoke can inflame your lungs and airway, causing them to swell and block oxygen. This can lead to acute respiratory distress syndrome and respiratory failure.

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys...can we forget about Global Warming yet? That's another librul conspiracy, right?

This is actually one of the reasons why I left Oregon, as much as I loved it there.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Starting to become less orange finally, but the colors been changing throughout the morning.

Started out as an eerie red when I first woke up,
EhfFz-bU0AAINZg

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
It's brightening up in Oakland now. It's less orange-y and more of a softer gourd-like color. It would feel very seasonal if it were closer to Halloween or T-giving.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
we're already living the effects of global warming. Every summer for the last couple of years was hotter and longer than the last just dreadful.... can vote for the environmentalist parties and it just doesn't fucking do shit :(

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
we're already living the effects of global warming. Every summer for the last couple of years was hotter and longer than the last just dreadful.... can vote for the environmentalist parties and it just doesn't fucking do shit :(
I've grown up here and as a kid and teenager I don't remember any fires being as severe as the ones we've seen in the last few years.

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
Those photos look really cool. But the air is probably not safe to breathe.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
I've grown up here and as a kid and teenager I don't remember any fires being as severe as the ones we've seen in the last few years.

You wouldn't be wrong:

Three of the four worst fires in California history are still burning. A fourth has quickly burned well over 100,000 acres. Offshore winds, typically the drivers of major fires, are just arriving. There are three more months in the fire season, already the worst in history.

and for fun, here's a NYT article from 2018:
www.nytimes.com

Three of California’s Biggest Fires Ever Are Burning Right Now (Published 2018)

The Mendocino Complex Fire has grown to more than 300,000 acres, and firefighters are battling two more massive blazes in other rural parts of the state.
California is in the middle of yet another record-breaking fire season with 820,000 acres across the state already burned — more than twice the area that burned by this point last year.
In the northern part of the state, the Mendocino Complex Fire has grown to more than 300,000 acres, becoming the largest fire ever recorded in California. In fact, three of the largest California fires since 2000 are burning right now.

Looking at how these are going, these types of headlines are probably going to be on repeat for the foreseeable future.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
What the hell... I'm just waking up again, and it's almost noon and still the same shit.

I don't think it was like this for last year's fires. (Orange Darkness around noon)

Kmonk

#TeamThierry
Oct 30, 2017
US

It's almost universally terrible. Just today, I've talked to friends in:

-Humboldt
-Sonoma
-SF
-LA
-San Diego

And the air is bad to various degrees, all from different fires/complexes in each location. It's breaking my heart, because this is what Summers will look like for the foreseeable future.

nelsonroyale

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Fuck...my heart goes out to the trees and other flora, fauna, inverts, fungi, and people / residences...all caught in the wilfires