Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Looks like the west coast got Tsukuyomi'd.

tsukuyomi+(1).gif

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
In all seriousness, I want to move to California, but I'm worried about the impact of global warming there long term. It's a beautiful state that is kind of my ideal landscape. But I know it's all so temporary.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
How long before Cali turns into a barren wasteland?

Only when the ground becomes completely infertile.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if new growth sprouts up throughout the winter. Watching the Forest episode of Our Planet over the weekend, and it's a good reminder of the forest life cycle, and fires are often a part of it. Some plants CAN'T grow without ash to help germinate. Something often forgotten.

Blackie

Oct 25, 2017
Wherever
Bay Area resident here. So glad my home air purifier arrived in the mail today, lol. Now I just need to buy 1 more, or maybe 2 more, and that UV filtering mask on kickstarter. Then I should be safe :/

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017
Instagram viral marketing has gone too far

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
T

This MUST be edited

Nah. It's a thing with fires. It's so known that I've had conversations with coworkers wondering if we're having an early sunset or there's a fire. Waking up and seeing an orange light from your window and knowing it's a time of day when that shouldn't be happening is one of the worst feelings.

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
It's almost universally terrible. Just today, I've talked to friends in:

-Humboldt
-Sonoma
-SF
-LA
-San Diego

And the air is bad to various degrees, all from different fires/complexes in each location. It's breaking my heart, because this is what Summers will look like for the foreseeable future.

I'm on the central coast. My county is notorious for fires which is why I'm shocked we haven't been affected yet. I'm finally on the side of the 101 where I don't have to constantly evacuate every time there's a fire, but I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop.

stressboy

Oct 25, 2017
I am in Salem, OR and can confirm. Skies here were red yesterday. Today it is more of a dirty orange color.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
The orange glow all day long makes everything feel surreal and otherworldly. Not great, but still glad I got to experience it.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I'm on the central coast. My county is notorious for fires which is why I'm shocked we haven't been affected yet. I'm finally on the side of the 101 where I don't have to constantly evacuate every time there's a fire, but I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Same here, our county had a small one in the lightning storms almost a month ago now but it didn't spread much and was in a non prime area. Our stretch of the coastal 101 always has a strong fire every year like clockwork and the interior area have a couple prime spots, we had a small inland brush fire between us and the nearby bigger town 2 or so months ago. The big ones coming, it's usually not a threat to my group of towns but does usually cause issues for the nearby tricities and tanks air quality in the entire county.
Considering how it is every year and there hasn't been one yet we are due for a BIG one

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Fuck, those pictures look straight up like you just took the city, plopped it right on Mars and took a picture.

Insane.