▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
monkey-puppet-turn-head-pretends-to-be-shocked-6752sn02dsforixg.gif

You don't say

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
Even if it is Sony just wanting the best for them, a blocked merger is the most desirable, because nothing has ever come better after a merger.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Wasn't it established in a previously locked thread that Tom Warren is kind of biased in the way he's reporting this? Also, nothing new there, we know Sony don't want MS to acquire Activision 🤷🏻‍♂️

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
For some reason that I cannot put my finger on… I bet there's context missing from this.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well yeah, obviously. That's exactly what you should say to a regulator about a deal you oppose.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
I suspect if this deal doesn't go through Activision are going to have a hefty grudge against Sony. I'm not a fan of such a huge deal- and the way it's played out has been extremely messy.

That is not how a business who have to answer to shareholders works though. Sure the execs would have a grudge but at the end of the day their job is to make money. The shareholders would probably have them axed if they work counter to that. Which working against a company that hpas 80% of the market would be counter to.

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
It's bad enough that Lulu is a horrible person if you know of Activision's workplace issues , but she's doing everything humanly possible to get this acquisition approved so she can have her payday.

ragolliangatan

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 31, 2019
That is not how a business who have to answer to shareholders works though. Sure the execs would have a grudge but at the end of the day their job is to make money. The shareholders would probably have them axed if they work counter to that. Which working against a company that hpas 80% of the market would be counter to.

i should have rephrased it, Bobby Kotick is gonna have a grudge/be pissed at losing out on a payday (not that he needs one) I don't think it'd affect how they deal with Sony given that money talks at the end of the day.

OP
OP
KamenSenshi

KamenSenshi

Nov 27, 2017
There's no grudge in business lol this is not a tv show.
But there is. Lots, even in gaming. There are quite a few quotes from 7th gen with decision makers saying they will not support the Wii for obvious "feelings" over better business reasons. There was the interview in NextGen when the head of Square said there was no way that they would ever port FF7 to Saturn.

Paches

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, he has been trying to block the merger for months? What is the revelation here.

RavenK92

Nov 3, 2020
I don't believe Jim Ryan has ever said anything that straightforwardly. Ever. Remember, this is the same person who made us believe all those cross gen games were going to be PS5 exclusives

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
There's nothing from The Verge here and the source is a terrible, shithead person.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As I said in the acquisition thread, before people start talking about Lulu leaking "private" conversations, remember that Jim leaked his private conversation with Phil about their original CoD offer. Both sides are doing it. And fyi, I don't particularly like Lulu or Jim. One currently posts memes, though, so there's that.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Market leader unconditionally does not want a change which let them stay market leader but by a smaller margin, we can appreciate the honesty at least.

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
He's right. It's much better when somebody pays to have a game exclusively on your platform for a year or 2.

You have to admire the balls on this guy. I wasn't wanting this deal to go through originally. Now I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.