Status
Not open for further replies.

Lui

Sep 22, 2022
Hold up. Is this even a reliable source? Curse me for impulse posting so soon!
Lulu Cheng is the EVP of Corporate Affairs and CCO of Activision Blizzard. She isnt the most professional and has posted console war-esque memes on her twitter before. And has also actively union busted while downplaying the issues that occurened there, but I dont think she would make up a quote and attribute it to Jim Ryan while already leaking what was assumed confidential in a closed door meeting.

GamerEDM

May 7, 2020
this is pretty brave thing for Jim to say with tides of this deal not going in his favour recently

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
It's bad enough that Lulu is a horrible person if you know of Activision's workplace issues , but she's doing everything humanly possible to get this acquisition approved so she can have her payday.

She gets peeved if you call her associating with the right though, even she knows that's a negative label that would tarnish her reputation after she leave Activision.

Shirkelton

Aug 20, 2020
I heard Jim Ryan told Activision he was only borrowing their humvee before he plowed down a mainstreet.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
so what is Sony going to do after blocking Activision? what are they going to do with the fucked up ass culture? they going to help Acti out?

12ozbeehouse

May 16, 2018
Activision will do what the shareholders want; the only thing they want is money.
Shareholder's best bet for money is the merger. MS will have a vested interest in making COD a pain point for Sony with its player base if the merger falls thru because of it. They have plenty of funds and cause to lock up the marketing and early/exclusive content deal and probably even pay to get it on a game pass day one. They will 1000% make Xbox the best place to play COD if this merger falls thru. If there was no merger Sony gets that deal refreshed in 2024 no questions asked. Making big moves to block folks that block you is also apart of business or sony would never have bought shit like bungie.

Sep 6, 2022
So it's Senator Armstrong?
d69.gif

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
They are going to screw themselves out of Call of Duty and I'm going to laugh so hard when they do.

Deleted member 20986

Oct 28, 2017
This is highly entertaining if true.
I just imagine all the fanboys popping a vein in their heads from the anger and remembering this blood grudge long until they become middle aged men.

t67443

Oct 30, 2017
Lulu sucks, Jim sucks, this shouldn't be a surprise.

There's no grudge in business lol this is not a tv show.

Grudges are absolutely held in this industry. Adam Boyes mentioned that some Microsoft people still give him a cold shoulder after the sharing discs stuff.

Activision will do what the shareholders want; the only thing they want is money.

If Kotick and Lulu were able to go thru a slide deck with some screenshots of spreadsheets that show how much of an untapped market the Xbox system is and that will be their marketing partner going forward, the shareholders wouldn't bat an eye. I mean if Activision wanted to scorch earth they could do a lot worse. They could just set up exclusive Xbox maps or game modes like they did in the past. They could even have an Xbox only release date that's a full week before PlayStation. If this deal does not go thru I will be really excited to see what 2024 CoD looks like.

Rogote

Oct 25, 2017
This is highly entertaining if true.
I just imagine all the fanboys popping a vein in their heads from the anger and remembering this blood grudge long until they become middle aged men.
The amount of masturbatory revenge fantasies we're going to have to read (already are reading) detailing how MS will do THIS or...THAT if the deal is blocked will be unreal(engine 5).

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019
He didn't say this without first being offered a new CoD deal as a tactic to get Sony to withdraw their protests.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Grudges are absolutely held in this industry. Adam Boyes mentioned that some Microsoft people still give him a cold shoulder after the sharing discs stuff.
I don't think much will happen between AB/Sony (and even less with MS/Sony) if this deal doesn't go through, but Nvidia's a clear example of industry grudge. Their persona non grata at Apple and possibly unwelcome at MS/Sony though.

Lui

Sep 22, 2022
As already been stated, the regulators will likely not allow exclusivity regardless. Saying no now, will no have effect on that.
This, but even if this deal was approved without any sort of remedy regarding COD, MS already has a deal with Nintendo, the game already isnt going to be exclusve to the xbox ecosystem anyways so might as well port to playstation to maximize the amount of money they make. Unless I guess MS holds some petty grudge over Sony for not signing their deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.