• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 20630

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Mirrored the video on a neutral YT channel so nobody has to give the Examiner a click. Here you go. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDvHhYyMGsE&feature=youtu.be

Jfc this is bad.

"In my case, after really hard, hard thinking about it, counseling, praying, all the things that I did and that we went through, I just decided it was the right decision for me but that doesn't mean it was an easy decision. It was a really hard decision."

"Sometimes when your child has an issue — I had a friend a few years ago who called up and said 'I don't know who to talk to about this, but my little girl wants to be a boy. What do I do?' And, you know, several of us kind of — we didn't know what to do, we never had a friend who'd faced that before. Several of us kind fo read everything and talked to people and gave her advice and it was really gutsy for her to say okay, 'I'm going to respect the feelings of my child as hard as it is for me to understand this.' So, I think when the question was asked, personally, everybody faces a moment of decision, and you have to reach deep down inside and decide what's right for you to do and hopefully it's reached with love and understanding."

I don't even know where to begin. Like how in this comparison she implies that either accepting your child's gender or not accepting it can both be valid choices because it would be right for some people to divorce their husband while for others the right decision is to stay. Or framing a child coming out to their parents as trans as "an issue" of theirs. Or misgendering her friend's child in the quote. There's so much vile shit in such a short clip.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
the troubles in my marriage were so painful, kind of like when your kid comes out to you as trans

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
The first statement and the second statement both seem pretty fine on their own. I guess it's weird and cringe inducing that she compared the two though.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
lde-yikes-from-me-dawg-39333264.png

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
Not outraged because I can get a faint but clear whiff of the "love conquers all" angle she was grasping for. She missed it by some margin though.

Nov 13, 2017
The constant threads on how much y'all hate her are getting stale at this point. The titles are also always borderline clickbait. What's the point of our daily hate circle jerks for HRC?

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
You know it would be easier if she just said she didn't care what he did and loved him. Instead she constantly has to explain herself and saying stupid shit like this.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
If this was said 15-20 years ago maybe I could understand this sort of slip of the tongue and poor word choice but in 2019 when trans awareness is at an all time high... dang. It's real gutsy for a parent to love a kid for who they are.

It's not even a fucking necessary comparison to invoke. Just say it was hard to stay with your husband that got a blowjob from a White House intern but you thought it was the right choice and be done with it.

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
IDK, this doesn't really bother me. I don't read it as her saying accepting or not accepting your child's gender is equally valid. She's just saying it's tough for the parent but they should reach down and do the right thing, meaning accept them.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
I guess she figured that was a better answer than I stayed with a creep to further my own politician career.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
She phrased it in a...not horrific way

that being said,

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

(also, she could have given that trans example in a more trans positive way)

OP
OP

Deleted member 20630

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If this was said 15-20 years ago maybe I could understand this sort of slip of the tongue and poor word choice but in 2019 when trans awareness is at an all time high... dang. It's real gutsy for a parent to love a kid for who they are.

It's not even a fucking necessary comparison to invoke. Just say it was hard to stay with your husband that got a blowjob from a White House staffer but you thought it was the right choice and be done with it.

And hey, it's real gutsy not to accept your trans child, too. I mean the decision to love them isn't right for everyone, just like how the decision to stay with your sexual predator husband isn't right for everyone. See where the comparison is even grosser than you first thought?

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I feel sorry for the child being used as an example, I would be pissed if I was the parent

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
Can we travel back and time and give the 92 nomination to Jerry Brown

Fucking please can we just do that

OP
OP

Deleted member 20630

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Here's the grossest thing, by making her situation analogous to raising a trans child, she implies something worse. Is the implication intentional? Probably not I HOPE, but it's still there.

For some people it's the right decision to pack up and go
For others the right decision is to stay

By saying it's just like raising a trans child, the logical conclusion is

For some people it's the right decision to not accept your child's identity
For others the right decision is to accept them.

Again, I hope she didn't mean it this way, but her words are so careless in their implications. Even without this implication, though, what she said is STILL transphobic.

Courage

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
IDK, this doesn't really bother me. I don't read it as her saying accepting or not accepting your child's gender is equally valid. She's just saying it's tough for the parent but they should reach down and do the right thing, meaning accept them.
She literally says it's "gutsy" for the parent to accept their child for who they are. How is that even remotely comparable to her POS husband abusing his power in office and choosing to stay with him?

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
Mirrored the video on a neutral YT channel so nobody has to give the Examiner a click. Here you go. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDvHhYyMGsE&feature=youtu.be

Jfc this is bad.

I don't even know where to begin. Like how in this comparison she implies that either accepting your child's gender or not accepting it can both be valid choices because it would be right for some people to divorce their husband while for others the right decision is to stay. Or framing a child coming out to their parents as trans as "an issue" of theirs. Or misgendering her friend's child in the quote. There's so much vile shit in such a short clip.

You know, it would have probably been easier to just link The View.

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
She literally says it's "gutsy" for the parent to accept their child for who they are. How is that even remotely comparable to her POS husband abusing his power in office and choosing to stay with him?

Well, the context is that she didn't understand it. Ideally, yes, it wouldn't be an "issue" or hard, but in this situation it was hard.

Also, she isn't really making a direct 1 to 1 comparison. In the clip she has moved on and is talking about difficult situations in general. She's talking about other stuff too, like international marriage.

Don't get me wrong, I definitely think it's poorly thought out, but she's speaking off the cuff and I do appreciate her positively talking about a trans boy and implying the morally correct thing is to accept him.

Contramann

Oct 27, 2017
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooof.

Yeah Hillary just go back to not being in the news again. It's time to just fade away into the sunset.

Menchi

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Are people going to pretend that it isn't difficult for parents to come to terms with a trans child still? It -IS- brave/gutsy to support a trans child, considering how much hatred exists in the world for them, and the challenges they'll face. Obviously, it is also the right thing to do, but to act as if it is an "easy" thing to do, is a lie.

With that in mind, I don't think she's done anything "wrong", and I actually think her intention was to highlight how it is difficult/challenging for those parents... But yeah, invoking it as a bit of a comparison was misguided, as regardless of how difficult it can be to choose to leave a marraige or stay, which it most definitely can be, it pales in comparison to the difficulties of growing up trans and having a trans child.

OP
OP

Deleted member 20630

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well, the context is that she didn't understand it. Ideally, yes, it wouldn't be an "issue" or hard, but in this situation it was hard.

Also, she isn't really making a direct 1 to 1 comparison. In the clip she has moved on and is talking about difficult situations in general. She's talking about other stuff too, like international marriage.

Don't get me wrong, I definitely think it's poorly thought out, but she's speaking off the cuff and I do appreciate her positively talking about a trans boy and implying the morally correct thing is to accept him.

Misgendering the kid is...not talking about him positively. Also calling it "an issue" like it's a problem he's having.

Status
Not open for further replies.