• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dadjumper

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Howdy Witcher thread. Looking for some advice.
Long story short, I played the start of TW3 a while back, wasn't big on it and dropped it. Just recently read The Last Wish, and it got me more into the universe and characters, and now I've started playing again.
My question is: am I good to just keep playing TW3, or should I go back and play 1 and 2? Are they worthwhile, or even necessary?
I'm probably gonna read all the books at this point

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Long story short, I played the start of TW3 a while back, wasn't big on it and dropped it. Just recently read The Last Wish, and it got me more into the universe and characters, and now I've started playing again.
My question is: am I good to just keep playing TW3, or should I go back and play 1 and 2? Are they worthwhile, or even necessary?

Depends entirely on how much time you're willing to invest. Witcher 1, 2, and 3 could easily take you 200 hours to complete so you'd have to decide if you have the time for that. 1 and 2 are both very good games so they are worthwhile. You can still enjoy Witcher 3 without playing them but it's definitely enhanced with experience in the other two games.

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017
Same. Although I did read all the books after my first play through and there are plenty of references to the books that made my second play through all the more enjoyable. Make sure to take your time and do plenty of side quests as they're some of the best parts of the game.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Haven't read the books or played The Witcher (1). I struggled for a long time to get into the Witcher 2; it's a great game, but some of the gameplay mechanics are baffling (e.g. having to meditate and apply oils before a battle, so if you don't know what enemy you're facing, it's basically take a shot in the dark as to what you'll be fighting). Once you get into it, it's really really good though. Witcher 3 is just on a completely different level though. I think you'd be fine just playing Witcher 3 on its own; if the backstory of the first two games is something that interests you, you could probably find some excellent videos on YouTube that summarize the story so far without having to invest in a complete playthrough of two lengthy games just to start a third.

That said, there is a part at the beginning of Witcher 3 that explicitly references choices you make in Witcher 2, and you're given the opportunity to simulate these choices, which has a significant impact on what characters appear in the game and how certain people interact with you. I'd recommend, at the very least, looking for a recap video of those choices and then selecting the choices that maximize the number of characters who will appear and talk to you.

Basically, just say you spared everybody's life. Roche vs. Iorveth doesn't matter, you spared Aryan, you saved Triss, you saved Sile, you spared Letho.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
Nice timing. I'm in B&W on a replay, going to go through NG+ when finished, so I will be able to appreciate the updated textures.

May 17, 2018
Yesterday i took a break from Destiny 2 to continue an old Witcher 3 save. I'm on New Game + (I realllllly need a new game ++), I'm nearly done with the base campaign, i have completed Hearts of Stone, and am just getting started with Blood and Wine. My Geralt is super set up with armor and swords with the runes that increase damage in a couple ways.

First if my toxicity is above a certain threshold I get a boost in damage. Also any time i heal with full health that boosts my attack power too. So I'm taking a potion that grants me health with every strike plus my swords charge with additional strength with every enemy i kill. it was empowering stepping back into this version of Geralt i built. I'm going to wrap some things up with Destiny 2 but soon i'll have to jump back into Witcher 3 AGAIN. Wow what a time.

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
Mod is out people! Just the installer though with two exe's atm. I just install to desktop and take the actual mod cuz I don't need his configs. Loose files coming soon. Looks amazing!

Father Kratos

Oct 30, 2017
I was always hesitant to start this game because of the intimidating number of hours it will require. Started it finally last weekend and couldn't put the controller down for hours!! Have spent hours in White Orchard itself and would have spent many more hours there....exploring each and every question mark but the main quest took me to a point of no return. As it would be difficult to replay this huge questions, wanted to check on these points -
1. Reached Vizima and some dude asked me many questions regarding the events I suppose must have happened in previous games. Had no clue and just picked some random answers. I hope this is not going to disable some of the interesting quests?
2. For one of the side quest, I had to brew a potion and was in need of a particular flower. Have spent a good amount of time aimlessly roaming around..trying to find it, but couldn't. There must be some better way to do this, right?

L176

Jan 10, 2019
I was always hesitant to start this game because of the intimidating number of hours it will require. Started it finally last weekend and couldn't put the controller down for hours!! Have spent hours in White Orchard itself and would have spent many more hours there....exploring each and every question mark but the main quest took me to a point of no return. As it would be difficult to replay this huge questions, wanted to check on these points -
1. Reached Vizima and some dude asked me many questions regarding the events I suppose must have happened in previous games. Had no clue and just picked some random answers. I hope this is not going to disable some of the interesting quests?
2. For one of the side quest, I had to brew a potion and was in need of a particular flower. Have spent a good amount of time aimlessly roaming around..trying to find it, but couldn't. There must be some better way to do this, right?

1. No it doesn't to my knowledge. It just gives you background info on the world.

2. You can buy the ingredients from the herbalist if you are talking about the quest where you are making Swallow.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I think only the question about Letho affects if you get an extra side quest or not. I really love Letho myself, so hopefully you answered that you spared him (I did spare him in TW2). =)

Father Kratos

Oct 30, 2017
2. You can buy the ingredients from the herbalist if you are talking about the quest where you are making Swallow.
Ahh!! Didnt think of this as she gave the quest. Thanks.

I think only the question about Letho affects if you get an extra side quest or not. I really love Letho myself, so hopefully you answered that you spared him (I did spare him in TW2). =)
Thanks!! Even though I dont exactly remember the options, but whenever given an option, I always select the one to spare, so that must be the one I would have selected.

Father Kratos

Oct 30, 2017
Reached Velen and the difficulty spike is frustrating :( Currently on level 3 and 5 is the lowest recommended level among all the quests. Tried few question marks and every enemy there is killing me in 1 or 2 hits. I was cursing along earlier :( Had 6 unused ability points and didn't even bother using them. Went back to White Orchard to explore more question marks and finished all but one available quest there. Still level 3. Spent time in upgrading weapons and armour and used the ability points too. Still not much help :( One question mark for example has a ghoul who is level 13!!! Not sure what I am missing or should I just keep following the main quest(meet Hendrik at some inn)?

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't realize there was a whole community thread here for the series, and not just TW3. I recently replayed through 1 and just began 2 in working my way up to the final game, after being a fan of the books. Guess I'll give thoughts on them and set up where I am. Bit longer than I anticipated, so apologies for the length.

The Witcher

I didn't think much of it back in 2011/2012, but this one is a bit weird coming off the book series. The Wild Hunt stuff in particular is odd, as it's mostly a side show and very much a different beast than what is the books and this game's sequels. It's main story was also this weird blend of aping to the point of repeating events of the books, as well as really being a side piece to the overall arc that the other two games carry through. Can't say I was a fan of some characterizations (Shani, Schoietel path Sigfried) and the sex card aspect, though many of those romances were fun to pursue.

Gameplay-wise, I actually have a bit of a preference to it despite it's rather simple presentation. Pop potions whenever, switch styles and swords for the proper opponents, parrys and such are dice rolled in the background, and just click when prompted to combo. At times it was too simple, particularly when not underleveled, but it beats rolling around and hardly seeing anything. Gauging what to purchase and upgrading was also rather straight forward, even if much of it was superfluous.

This run was opposite of my original. I stuck with Triss, aided the Schoietel, and fought off the King of the Wild Hunt over the soul of Alvin.

The Witcher 2

Im still rather early on, perhaps nearing the end of Chapter 1 where I have to choose to follow Roche or Iorveth to take on Loreto, and I'm still somewhat adjusting. Decided to play on Dark, figuring I'd have a rather easy time once I grasped the gameplay. That's still an ongoing process.

Obviously, the presentation is a major improvement from the first. Characters are now emotive and animate in conversation. Many of the environments so far look great.

That said, that's probably the only major compliment I can give it this early over the first. There's a lot going on in this game, and much of it isn't explained well. Reinforcements and enhancements, Mutagens, attributes, and skill limits have no explanation this early, but are not lacking and shouldn't be ignored. Fewer opportunities to obtain/find formulas and diagrams, putting a heavier emphasis on buying, with the game relying on the abuse of it's gambling system to make money over any contract.

The gameplay is also a bit disappointing. Combat is essentially spamming Quen and rolling around like a mad man until an opening presents itself, slash or two, and repeat. The enemies are quite engaging, but any other tactic leaves the player too open most of the time. There's also an issue where many situations leave the player quite unprepared, as there were few or no indications of what may be needed to tackle a challenge in the way of bombs, potions, and traps, all of which must be prepared and imbibed prior to the beginning of conflict.

Worst of all, are the technical problems. Things disappear and won't load back in despite earlier saves. Dialogue halts and won't continue. Inputs not registering many times. And a multitude of issues related to the save system, which can causes crashes due to no overwrite system in place to curb the save files. There are also odd points where the game doesn't allow manual saves despite there being no combat or other circumstances that would prevent such a thing. The game certainly has that console first port thing going on that it never did grow entirely up from.

I'm probably being rather harsh, given much of the issue was jumping into Dark difficulty for a first run, and that it's still early on. I'm enjoying the story and characters (awful sorceress garb aside), and I'm starting to grasp elements like enhancements in how they are implemented here. Hopefully that upward trend continues through figuring out these systems and the opportunities leveling up may provide.

Deleted member 56065

User-requested account closure
Apr 18, 2019
Can someone help me out with the books? Whats the correct reading order? And what is the consensus in the quality? I just want more of this world besides the games.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone help me out with the books? Whats the correct reading order? And what is the consensus in the quality? I just want more of this world besides the games.

Reading Order:
  1. The Last Wish
  2. Sword of Destiny
  3. Blood of Elves
  4. The Time of Contempt
  5. Baptism of Fire
  6. The Tower of Swallows
  7. The Lady of the Lake
  8. Season of Storms
Season of Storms canonically is set between The Last Wish and Sword of Destiny, but many elements favor the context of reading the rest of the series prior to it.

I'm not sure of the consensus, but I greatly enjoyed them. Some odd pacing and transitioning every now and then, but nothing awful. It certainly opens the world up from the games and contextualizes a lot, at least from my time with Witcher 1 and 2. CDPR did a decent job in creating a follow up series.

Deleted member 56065

User-requested account closure
Apr 18, 2019
Reading Order:
  1. The Last Wish
  2. Sword of Destiny
  3. Blood of Elves
  4. The Time of Contempt
  5. Baptism of Fire
  6. The Tower of Swallows
  7. The Lady of the Lake
  8. Season of Storms
Season of Storms canonically is set between The Last Wish and Sword of Destiny, but many elements favor the context of reading the rest of the series prior to it.

I'm not sure of the consensus, but I greatly enjoyed them. Some odd pacing and transitioning every now and then, but nothing awful. It certainly opens the world up from the games and contextualizes a lot, at least from my time with Witcher 1 and 2. CDPR did a decent job in creating a follow up series.
Thanks for the reply, The Last Wish is basically short stories right?

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Is Season of Storms worth getting? It's the only one I haven't read yet and I'm not sure I want to, if that makes sense. I have just finished reading all the books again, and I really love how they end.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Is Season of Storms worth getting? It's the only one I haven't read yet and I'm not sure I want to, if that makes sense. I have just finished reading all the books again, and I really love how they end.
Like it's said above, it's a prequel, it won't mess with the end state of the proper series. It's a decent read if you want to spend a bit more time in the world and with the characters but nothing that would really stand out iirc. It's basically a series of short stories though not firmly separated into it's own bits like Last Wish & Sword of Destiny were.

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
It's a prequel, so it shouldn't affect your enjoyment of the original ending. It's an entirely inconsequential side quest story with some fun hooks that dive deeper into the anachronistic nature of the setting and its relationship with science. I'd say grab it if you ever find yourself missing the crabby ol' witcher.

For what it's worth, Sapkowski said that he will never write a "sixth volume." The series ends where it's supposed to and if he ever writes another book, it will be a similar side story.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Like it's said above, it's a prequel, it won't mess with the end state of the proper series. It's a decent read if you want to spend a bit more time in the world and with the characters but nothing that would really stand out iirc. It's basically a series of short stories though not firmly separated into it's own bits like Last Wish & Sword of Destiny were.
It's a prequel, so it shouldn't affect your enjoyment of the original ending. It's an entirely inconsequential side quest story with some fun hooks that dive deeper into the anachronistic nature of the setting and its relationship with science. I'd say grab it if you ever find yourself missing the crabby ol' witcher.
I'll probably grab it in a few months then. I worded my comment poorly, I meant to say that it would feel a bit weird to start reading other stories set before the end when those events are still fresh in my memory (even if it was a re-read).

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't realize there was a whole community thread here for the series, and not just TW3. I recently replayed through 1 and just began 2 in working my way up to the final game, after being a fan of the books. Guess I'll give thoughts on them and set up where I am. Bit longer than I anticipated, so apologies for the length.

The Witcher

I didn't think much of it back in 2011/2012, but this one is a bit weird coming off the book series. The Wild Hunt stuff in particular is odd, as it's mostly a side show and very much a different beast than what is the books and this game's sequels. It's main story was also this weird blend of aping to the point of repeating events of the books, as well as really being a side piece to the overall arc that the other two games carry through. Can't say I was a fan of some characterizations (Shani, Schoietel path Sigfried) and the sex card aspect, though many of those romances were fun to pursue.
Yeah, if you had read the books witcher 1 feels like this really weird bit of fanfiction. Eager, quite great quite often but ultimately something that doesn't quite jive with the rest.

Gameplay-wise, I actually have a bit of a preference to it despite it's rather simple presentation. Pop potions whenever, switch styles and swords for the proper opponents, parrys and such are dice rolled in the background, and just click when prompted to combo. At times it was too simple, particularly when not underleveled, but it beats rolling around and hardly seeing anything. Gauging what to purchase and upgrading was also rather straight forward, even if much of it was superfluous.
It's nice to see someone else who enjoyed the combat system to an extent lol. Always though it was a decent middle point between Diablo's constant clicking and DA/Neverwinter click&forget approach. With some additional options and depth, I always felt it could have evolved into something real fun.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd say the last chapter of Season of Storms opens things up in a way beyond/only hinted at with The Lady of the Lake that some may want to have. That same aspect is also at a time frame around Lady of the Lake as well, which is why it's good to leave it for last.

Yeah, if you had read the books witcher 1 feels like this really weird bit of fanfiction. Eager, quite great quite often but ultimately something that doesn't quite jive with the rest.

It's nice to see someone else who enjoyed the combat system to an extent lol. Always though it was a decent middle point between Diablo's constant clicking and DA/Neverwinter click&forget approach. With some additional options and depth, I always felt it could have evolved into something real fun.

I'm starting to get into the Witcher 2 combat a bit more now that some leveling upgrades and equipment enhancements are in place to survive a bit longer, though I still find it more limiting in what is effectively executed than in 1. I'll probably update my thoughts on the game once I'm either through or experienced a good amount of Chapter 2 outside of the initial area.

The only thing I can really fault W1 combat on is just how stiff everything is while at the same time Geralt is doing these cartoony back flips and executions.

Last edited:

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
Question, what's the cheapest way to get TW3 DLC? I only have the base game on Steam...should I buy the season pass? GOTY edition? I have no clue.

Father Kratos

Oct 30, 2017
This game was just eating dust on my shelf since 2016. Started it two weeks back and now finding it so hard to put the controller down :) Over 25 tasks in my journal if I combine main quest, secondary quest and Witcher contracts. Other than the ones related to Gwent and horse races, I am planning to go through them all...add to that all the question marks and I've not even reached any big cities yet :D This is my first Witcher game and I was expecting a very serious tone. Pleasantly surprised to find the writing much more humorous and witty than I thought. Johnny is the best character I've met so far in this world :D

Still not clear where to look for ingredients required for potions and crafting armours though. Have found quite a few recipes and diagram, but every single one of these shows some ingredient missing in the journal. Couldn't find them with the herbalist in white orchard area.

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Boston, MA, United States
This game was just eating dust on my shelf since 2016. Started it two weeks back and now finding it so hard to put the controller down :) Over 25 tasks in my journal if I combine main quest, secondary quest and Witcher contracts. Other than the ones related to Gwent and horse races, I am planning to go through them all...add to that all the question marks and I've not even reached any big cities yet :D This is my first Witcher game and I was expecting a very serious tone. Pleasantly surprised to find the writing much more humorous and witty than I thought. Johnny is the best character I've met so far in this world :D

Still not clear where to look for ingredients required for potions and crafting armours though. Have found quite a few recipes and diagram, but every single one of these shows some ingredient missing in the journal. Couldn't find them with the herbalist in white orchard area.

Loot everything. Play Gwent. Kill the dogs first.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR

Don't sleep on Gwent. On my first playthrough I completely ignored it outside of a couple mandatory story instances. But it's actually really fun. It becomes trivially easy as you collect cards, but it's still a great diversion and worth investing some time in.

dadjumper

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
So, I'm four books into the series now (currently reading Baptism of Fire) and I was surprised to find that Geralt is far more eloquent in the books. I feel like the writing in TW3 (the only one I've played, and only for about 5 hours) really doesn't match. In the game he speaks in very short, sharp sentences and almost always cuts off personal pronouns (e.g. he will say "gotta look around" or "need to find that noonwraith")

Anyone else notice this? Does this change at all throughout the game? I'm going to get back to playing again soon but it really bugged me last time

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
So, I'm four books into the series now (currently reading Baptism of Fire) and I was surprised to find that Geralt is far more eloquent in the books. I feel like the writing in TW3 (the only one I've played, and only for about 5 hours) really doesn't match. In the game he speaks in very short, sharp sentences and almost always cuts off personal pronouns (e.g. he will say "gotta look around" or "need to find that noonwraith")

Anyone else notice this? Does this change at all throughout the game? I'm going to get back to playing again soon but it really bugged me last time

He's just thinking out loud in the things you mention. Basically telling the player what to do. It's a different medium. But yes book Geralt is a bit different compared to game Geralt.

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017

You should have seen how they portrayed the character in the first two games. The only reason I got into the books was because I couldn't understand how people tolerate that dull, humorless simpleton. Really didn't expect Sapkowski's Geralt to become one of my favorite protagonists in fiction.

They did make an effort to restore some of Geralt's personality in The Witcher 3, but the semi-blank slate RPG protagonist formula means that you'll never see him passionately monologuing or grumpily reluctant to go on quests, even if they go against everything the character originally stood for.

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
Really silly question but I'm new to PC gaming and Witcher 3 is one of the first titles I got. I got the HD Reworked mod and installed all three parts...is there anything that I specifically toggle or is everything automatically applied?

Aug 16, 2019
UK
HI everyone,

I am finishing the last book and decided to play the Witcher 1 ( already played 2 and 3 d1)

I know it's a rough experience, can you advise for must have mods?

dadjumper

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Really silly question but I'm new to PC gaming and Witcher 3 is one of the first titles I got. I got the HD Reworked mod and installed all three parts...is there anything that I specifically toggle or is everything automatically applied?
Make sure the textures are enabled in the game options. Also follow the quick guide on the mod page for nvidia control panel setting

He's just thinking out loud in the things you mention. Basically telling the player what to do. It's a different medium. But yes book Geralt is a bit different compared to game Geralt.
Late reply, but he totally does this in conversations with people too. "Looking for a girl" or whatever. It's getting a bit less grating as I continue to play, but still annoying.
Also, I just finished Baptism of Fire. That ending was dope

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Boston, MA, United States

Everything should be automatically applied as I believe that's a simple texture replacer mod.

Check out FriendlyHUD too. It's my favorite Witcher mod but a little more involved to install than HD Reworked. Might be a good learning experience for you though being new to modding.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Everything should be automatically applied as I believe that's a simple texture replacer mod.

Check out FriendlyHUD too. It's my favorite Witcher mod but a little more involved to install than HD Reworked. Might be a good learning experience for you though being new to modding.

Just as your posts before about the community being dead now.

I've been getting into again in the last few months and there are actually quite a few huge mods that are updated regularly.

HD Rework just got a massive update in August and the Toussaint version will be released soon.

HD Monster rework just got updated a week or so ago.

Phoenix Lighting overhaul gets updated regularly and is amazing, last version was like 3 days ago.

Complete Music overhaul is fantastic and go updated on 22/9.

Butcher of Blabiken mode for Gerald was updated yesterday.

80% of the popular old mods still work fine because they only stopped getting support after the last patch which was in 2017.

Father Kratos

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone?

Playing for over a month now and can't get enough of the world they have created. Was getting a bit bored of doing quests in Velan and Novigrad for so long, moved to Skellige and was given half a dozen quests on the shore itself :)

Any suggestions regarding quests that appear only when you are in a particular area? Cant roam aimlessly in the big game map, hoping to trigger a random quest but on the other hand quests are so good that I dont want to miss any of them :D

Aug 16, 2019
UK
Anyone?

Playing for over a month now and can't get enough of the world they have created. Was getting a bit bored of doing quests in Velan and Novigrad for so long, moved to Skellige and was given half a dozen quests on the shore itself :)

Any suggestions regarding quests that appear only when you are in a particular area? Cant roam aimlessly in the big game map, hoping to trigger a random quest but on the other hand quests are so good that I dont want to miss any of them :D
You have to dismantle objects. Some are rare and found in particular enemy and then you have to craft material using rare ingredients. You are going to have to use a wiki for the particular item you need, there is no other way

Mos Def

Sep 17, 2019
I love how this community has a lot of Witcher fans. I, myself, have finished all the games and books over and over again, and now waiting for The Witcher 3 to come out on Switch.

Father Kratos

Oct 30, 2017
You have to dismantle objects. Some are rare and found in particular enemy and then you have to craft material using rare ingredients. You are going to have to use a wiki for the particular item you need, there is no other way
Thanks. Yea, seems like there is no other way, will just ignore the alchemy part, I'm over levelled anyway :)

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Sorry if this isn't the place but I got my first gaming PC and immediately bought witcher 3 for a third time. I want to play with a few mods, I downloaded nexus mods and a rather large graphics mod. But I gotta be honest, I have NO clue how to properly download them, save them, and apply to the game.

Any help for a first time PC gamer would be greatly appreciated.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Sorry if this isn't the place but I got my first gaming PC and immediately bought witcher 3 for a third time. I want to play with a few mods, I downloaded nexus mods and a rather large graphics mod. But I gotta be honest, I have NO clue how to properly download them, save them, and apply to the game.

Any help for a first time PC gamer would be greatly appreciated.

Every mod on Nexus has an installation guide on the description page. Most of them are very simple to install and just require moving the "mod****" into the "mod" folder in the root TW3 directory. You have to manually create the "mod" folder at the beginning and then you can start drag/dropping the mods straight into there. For example:

- Create the mod folder in your TW3 root directory ie. C:/TheWitcher3/mod/
- Download the auto apply oils mod and extract the contents.
- You'll get a folder called "modAutoApplyOils"
- Copy "modAutoApplyOils" into the "mod" folder
- That's it.

That is literally the process for 90% of the mods. Some require a little more effort, especially if they require you to install an in game menu to adjust settings. There are one or two which are more complicated to install such as FriendlyHUD and ghost mode. There are always clear instructions included though.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Every mod on Nexus has an installation guide on the description page. Most of them are very simple to install and just require moving the "mod****" into the "mod" folder in the root TW3 directory. You have to manually create the "mod" folder at the beginning and then you can start drag/dropping the mods straight into there. For example:

- Create the mod folder in your TW3 root directory ie. C:/TheWitcher3/mod/
- Download the auto apply oils mod and extract the contents.
- You'll get a folder called "modAutoApplyOils"
- Copy "modAutoApplyOils" into the "mod" folder
- That's it.

That is literally the process for 90% of the mods. Some require a little more effort, especially if they require you to install an in game menu to adjust settings. There are one or two which are more complicated to install such as FriendlyHUD and ghost mode. There are always clear instructions included though.

Thank you for the detailed reply, l know it seems that simple I just literally never played games on console and all the folders start to look the same so I become unclear if I am doing it right. The mod I downloaded was the HD Reworked Project. It has 3 parts, I have downloaded them all but I think I just saved them to my ssd.

dadjumper

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Thank you for the detailed reply, l know it seems that simple I just literally never played games on console and all the folders start to look the same so I become unclear if I am doing it right. The mod I downloaded was the HD Reworked Project. It has 3 parts, I have downloaded them all but I think I just saved them to my ssd.
Nexus has its own mod manager which is really useful, I recommend just getting that. Then all you have to do is click the "install" button on their site and enable it in the manager and it'll do the rest for you