Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Shadow

Oct 28, 2017
The Yennifer audition sides leaked cause some actresses for some reason posted videos of their auditions. I don't plan on watching the videos of random actresses but someone on reddit transcribed them.

No spoilers for the TV show cause the sides were written only for the audition, but the first scene is written as a lead in to a Time of Contempt chapter.

SCENE 1

Yennefer: Stop. Stop it, you're fidgeting like a child. Have you never put on a jacket before?

Geralt: Not one this tight.

Yennefer: If the coat's a problem, flesh is always a good color on you.

Geralt: The council would love that.

Yennefer: Seriously consider your scars quite the conversation piece. This one I got from a feisty young basilisk. That one from the fangs of a bruxa. And this one I gave myself just to fill in the unmarred space in my pectoral region. Thought I should even it out a bit, you know?

Geralt: That one is from you, you bit me.

Yennefer: I know… Damn. It is tight.

Geralt: It doesn't matter, I'm not feeling well at all.

Yennefer: Can you even get sick?

Geralt: Witchers get colds, same as you.

Yennefer: You really don't want to go, do you?

Geralt: I'm not meant for balls.

Yennefer: And you think I am? Marauding around a room full of mages who can't wait to see me fail. Ready to pounce at a moment's weakness. All my friends want to fuck you.

Geralt: Well, you should have led with that.

Yennefer: We'll be lucky if Sabrina is even wearing part of a shirt. My guess is she'll sport an illusion designed to blur just her nipples. You can trust Triss will be stealing looks at you all night. And I'll let her because that girl deserves some happiness. I like to think even Vilgefortz will ogle your pronounced posterior, all while parading his elven minx just to appear shocking. Let's face it, so last century.

Geralt: And what of you, parading your Witcher?

Yennefer: I don't parade you for shock value. I parade you because you're ridiculously attractive. I trust you'd say the same for me.

Geralt: Is that all we are to each other?

Yennefer: Of course not. Look at us. We're a power couple.

Geralt: Right, I kill monsters and you make them.

Yennefer: You know it's been years since I've dabbled in mutations. How long will you hold that against me?

Geralt: Just right now when I don't want to go to your ball.

Yennefer: But I'm one of the good ones.

Geralt: Sure. In a sea of disgraceful ninnies who bend nature to their will.

Yennefer: You don't have to talk to those people.

Geralt: Can I get drunk and punch them?

Yennefer: Would you shut up and put on your ill-fitting coat?

Geralt: Yes.

Yennefer: Then you may drunk-punch my colleagues. Just do it outside and make sure it's someone I don't care for. Shouldn't be difficult. I hate everyone except you.

------------------------------------

SCENE 2

King: Just this once?

Yennefer: It is against policy your highness.

King: It will be our secret then, the brotherhood will never know.

Yennefer: It's against my policy.

King: Surely you can make an exception for me? Pretty please?

Yennefer: No thank you [hand gesture/spell].

Do you feel weightless, or do you feel every one of your fatty repulsive pounds pulling you to your death? Not that your feelings matter really, since I am the one holding you up, and I am the one who is going to drop you, as soon as I'm done telling you my feelings.

The way you eat your breakfast is revolting. Cream in your whiskers. And the people who hate you most – every one in your kingdom it's safe to say – don't even see that side of you. They all hate you for their own reasons. How you've abandoned their needs while gilding your gates.

None of that bothers me by the way. Really it's about the creamy whiskers … and the way muffin crumbs get stuck there… it truly makes me want to vomit. Then there's the creeping. Always creeping into the beds of chambermaids who do not want to clean your dick with their bodies. Creep creep creep. And on top of that, you're very, very dumb.

Bear in mind I have no qualms with any of that really – again, creamy whiskers. But then while talking a walk, so that I may advise your feeble mind on acts of war, you ask if you can touch my breast. The answer was a polite no thank you. But the takeaway, your highness, is that you are in the palm of my hand.

I'm going back to work.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
The writing seems true to character except I thought Geralt was meant to be an ugly bastard.

LilZippa

Oct 25, 2017
Iowa
If anything, Geralt is more subdued than Jaime Lannister, the actor would have to tone himself down.

Yeah, rooting for Jaime now:

452rm5it1mez.jpg
Okay I'm in for Jaime after seeing this.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Writing seems ok, but yeah Yennefer calling him "ridiculously attractive" stood out, as did the phrase "power couple", seems too modern or something.

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
Writing seems ok, but yeah Yennefer calling him "ridiculously attractive" stood out, as did the phrase "power couple", seems too modern or something.
It's a little weird, but The Witcher's dialogue and the way its world operates was always more than a little anachronistic.

Though I'm not so sure about the quality of the writing. The whole "creep creep creep" bit sounds terribly childish.
I've had misgivings about the writing ever since the showrunner tweeted this contrived quip a while ago:

YmX9MVp.png

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
It's a little weird, but The Witcher's dialogue and the way its world operates was always more than a little anachronistic.

Though I'm not so sure about the quality of the writing. The whole "creep creep creep" bit sounds terribly childish.
I've had misgivings about the writing ever since the showrunner tweeted this contrived quip a while ago:

YmX9MVp.png

cont.

[They fuck]

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Yennifer audition sides leaked cause some actresses for some reason posted videos of their auditions. I don't plan on watching the videos of random actresses but someone on reddit transcribed them.

No spoilers for the TV show cause the sides were written only for the audition, but the first scene is written as a lead in to a Time of Contempt chapter.

SCENE 1

Yennefer: Stop. Stop it, you're fidgeting like a child. Have you never put on a jacket before?

Yennefer: Seriously consider your scars quite the conversation piece. This one I got from a feisty young basilisk. That one from the fangs of a bruxa. And this one I gave myself just to fill in the unmarred space in my pectoral region. Thought I should even it out a bit, you know?

Yennefer: And you think I am? Marauding around a room full of mages who can't wait to see me fail. Ready to pounce at a moment's weakness. All my friends want to fuck you.

Yennefer: We'll be lucky if Sabrina is even wearing part of a shirt. My guess is she'll sport an illusion designed to blur just her nipples. You can trust Triss will be stealing looks at you all night. And I'll let her because that girl deserves some happiness. I like to think even Vilgefortz will ogle your pronounced posterior, all while parading his elven minx just to appear shocking. Let's face it, so last century.

Yennefer: I don't parade you for shock value. I parade you because you're ridiculously attractive. I trust you'd say the same for me.

Yennefer: You know it's been years since I've dabbled in mutations. How long will you hold that against me?

Yennefer: Then you may drunk-punch my colleagues. Just do it outside and make sure it's someone I don't care for. Shouldn't be difficult. I hate everyone except you.

SCENE 2

Do you feel weightless, or do you feel every one of your fatty repulsive pounds pulling you to your death? Not that your feelings matter really, since I am the one holding you up, and I am the one who is going to drop you, as soon as I'm done telling you my feelings.

The way you eat your breakfast is revolting. Cream in your whiskers. And the people who hate you most – every one in your kingdom it's safe to say – don't even see that side of you. They all hate you for their own reasons. How you've abandoned their needs while gilding your gates.

None of that bothers me by the way. Really it's about the creamy whiskers … and the way muffin crumbs get stuck there… it truly makes me want to vomit. Then there's the creeping. Always creeping into the beds of chambermaids who do not want to clean your dick with their bodies. Creep creep creep. And on top of that, you're very, very dumb.

Bear in mind I have no qualms with any of that really – again, creamy whiskers. But then while talking a walk, so that I may advise your feeble mind on acts of war, you ask if you can touch my breast. The answer was a polite no thank you. But the takeaway, your highness, is that you are in the palm of my hand.

I'm going back to work.
Yep, sounds like Witcher. Super hyped.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
In case others missed this piece of news: these audition scenes were made purely for auditions and will not actually be in the show.

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
That dialogue is very true to the material!
The writing seems true to character except I thought Geralt was meant to be an ugly bastard.
No, that's a popular myth. He and other characters have made "hideous" and "nasty" smiles in the books, but that describes the kind of smile they're making, not their whole body at all times. Geralt has always been the rough and tough-looking type of attractive. A lot of importance isn't really placed on his appearance in the books, however. Physical description there is usually reserved for womens' "bosoms."

Last edited:

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

SCENE 1

SCENE 2

I'm going back to work.
could you link the videos?

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully they don't leak my Geralt audition. I'd hate for my performance for when I get the part to be spoiled.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017

Nah, writing seemed perfectly in-tune with the books, it's actually quite remarkable. Geralt is hot stuff in the books and pretty much every attractive person wants to hop-down his pants. And, Geralt isn't above stealing glances at tits all day. They're both written spot-on.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Don't know if it would be an unpopular opinion, but ever since watching Person of Interest I always thought James Caviezel would make a good Geralt. He's got the piercing gaze, the atmosphere, a similar calming voice to the English dub, and he's pretty damn smooth. Get him some stubble and grow his hair out a bit and I personally think it'd be a good fit.

Heh, funny you should mention him. For a while, I actually thought he was Geralt's voice actor in the games. Yeah, I think he would be a good fit, too.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017

SCENE 1

SCENE 2

I'm going back to work.
This writing is perfect.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
i never thought that Geralt was meant to be an ugly bastard. Issue might be that I read the novels and short story collections when the first and second games were already out so i had an idea of what Geralt might look like already in my head.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Geralt is implied to be very good looking despite his bizarre features in the books. He attracts attention from female characters constantly throughout the series.
That he does, but mostly from sorceresses; social pariahs like Geralt whose appearances have been magically augmented (often to disguise their natural features). I always figured that had more to do with it than anything.

Anyway, my imagination when reading the books is largely dominated by the image of Geralt from The Witcher 1, who is emphatically hideous. I'll give the writers the benefit of the doubt. I honestly can't recall a single specific description of Geralt's appearance from the text besides "pale" and "white hair."

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
That he does, but mostly from sorceresses; social pariahs like Geralt whose appearances have been magically augmented (often to disguise their natural features). I always figured that had more to do with it than anything.

Anyway, my imagination when reading the books is largely dominated by the image of Geralt from The Witcher 1, who is emphatically hideous. I'll give the writers the benefit of the doubt. I honestly can't recall a single specific description of Geralt's appearance from the text besides "pale" and "white hair."

In my head I usually imagine him as he is in Witcher 2 or 3. Not exactly Brad Pitt, but he certainly isn't bad looking. Combine that with his personality and skill set its not hard to wonder why so many women get involved with him in the books.

Though to be fair there is also the weird "sensation" that Witchers give off to people sensitive to magic, but we can't exactly get into that lol

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
That dialogue is very true to the material!
No, that's a popular myth. He and other characters have made "hideous" and "nasty" smiles in the books, but that describes the kind of smile they're making, not their whole body from at all times. Geralt has always been the rough and tough-looking type of attractive. A lot of importance isn't really placed on his appearance in the books, however. Physical description there is usually reserved for womens' "bosoms."
I'm pretty sure most of it comes from Geralt's own comments about his looks.
He's obviously biased, being a self-loathing drama queen, but none of those lines would play in a visual medium if he was supposed to be conventionally attractive.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
Don't know if it would be an unpopular opinion, but ever since watching Person of Interest I always thought James Caviezel would make a good Geralt. He's got the piercing gaze, the atmosphere, a similar calming voice to the English dub, and he's pretty damn smooth. Get him some stubble and grow his hair out a bit and I personally think it'd be a good fit.

I think many people just do not know him, but I agree with you 100%. He would be so perfect it hurts.

Oct 29, 2017
Can't wait. Are the books worth a read? I was worried since they're translated it might not be so hot but I don't think I've ever read a translated novel before. I'd be reading the English versions.

Just listened to lotr on audiobook at work and it was fantastic, looking for some more great fantasy

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Isn't the official translation of the books use quite a lot of modern terms?

This seems to be true to the source material.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
What are the chances they do an American accent for Geralt? IIRC the only reason they did it for the English version of the games is because he's described as having a different accent then most other people? That might be from the books but I'm not sure.

Though I suppose they could honestly just do any accent that isn't being used that should work fine.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
What are the chances they do an American accent for Geralt? IIRC the only reason they did it for the English version of the games is because he's described as having a different accent then most other people? That might be from the books but I'm not sure.

Though I suppose they could honestly just do any accent that isn't being used that should work fine.

Triss, Dandelion and every witcher that has appeared in the games (save for one in TW3) also had American accents for unexplained reasons.

I'd suspect they'll just give everyone English accents, since that's how fantasy settings go.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Writing seems very good, though that Yen/Geralt discussion is before Thanedd, right? Seems odd if that's first season stuff.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait. Are the books worth a read? I was worried since they're translated it might not be so hot but I don't think I've ever read a translated novel before. I'd be reading the English versions.

Just listened to lotr on audiobook at work and it was fantastic, looking for some more great fantasy

Yes, the translations are really well done.

Deleted member 1759

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe

SCENE 1

SCENE 2

I'm going back to work.
The writing is on point. Love it.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
I hope this man is in
tumblr_ovutjy4owz1vz2n7bo1_1280.gif
I wonder if they include Emreis' real goal in the series, since it's quite controversial.

He wants to marry and have a child with his own daughter (Ciri), in the mean time he marries a Ciri-lookalike to solidify his hold on her ancestral lands. In the game they cut all of this out, because I'm pretty sure no one would've picked the Empress ending if they knew what Emhyr really wanted.

svacina

Oct 25, 2017
In my head I usually imagine him as he is in Witcher 2 or 3. Not exactly Brad Pitt, but he certainly isn't bad looking. Combine that with his personality and skill set its not hard to wonder why so many women get involved with him in the books.

Though to be fair there is also the weird "sensation" that Witchers give off to people sensitive to magic, but we can't exactly get into that lol
There is also the "immune to diseases=no STDs/sterile" thing that helps to endear him to bar maids everywhere.

AlphaMale

Dec 21, 2017
Triss, Dandelion and every witcher that has appeared in the games (save for one in TW3) also had American accents for unexplained reasons.

Yeah, that annoyed me about Witcher 3. I was fine (and expected) everyone to have a British/Irish/Scottish/Wales type accent, but then all Witchers and Tris had an American accent.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017

The main series is fine, although I believe they switched translators after the first short story collection.

The latest book, Season of Storms, is very poorly translated, but that shouldn't put you off reading the others (esp. since Season of Storms is basically a standalone).

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
I know it's just an audition and they might not pick her but.. I really hope they don't pick her lol. Not feeling her as a Yenn at all.

I've seen these audition-tape leaks before, and the people leaking pretty much never get the job. It's a way to promote yourself by attaching yourself for a few days to a role too high profile for you to actually get.

Status
Not open for further replies.