• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Finally got my pledge showing on my bank account, 5 days after fixing my payment method lol.
At least I know it's done.

GetDigitized

Oct 25, 2017
So I've been on a business trip and haven't been checking my personal mail... I saw the declined transaction notification pop up on my banking app so I logged in only for it to show the pledge has been dropped. Is there anything I can do or am I ool?

Kane

Oct 28, 2017
I don't get how do they know which console version I paid for, is there going to be a separate E-Mail for that?

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Was really hoping to play this at the beginning of February. Not sure if that's gonna happen now :(

Are you talking about the Wii U version? Surely you can't be talking about the Kickstarter?

For one thing the Crowd funding campaign only just started at the beginning of February and ended in March. Kickstarter doesn't collect money until it actually ends which in this case it was early March, and with the time it takes them to collect the funds and process payments, get the go ahead to start some production and distribution for the physical copies for backers to presumably deliver by sometime in April, If that still happens at all considering the current issues with COVID-19.

Darkstar0155

Oct 27, 2017
Are you talking about the Wii U version? Surely you can't be talking about the Kickstarter?

For one thing the Crowd funding campaign only just started at the beginning of February and ended in March. Kickstarter doesn't collect money until it actually ends which in this case it was early March, and with the time it takes them to collect the funds and process payments, get the go ahead to start some production and distribution for the physical copies for backers to presumably deliver by sometime in April, If that still happens at all considering the current issues with COVID-19.
Pretty sure the original kickstarted said copies would be in your mailbox on like 4/2 or something.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
I think we can forgive 'em a bit if they're a bit waylaid by a global crisis

Last edited:

Varjet

Oct 27, 2017
Geathjerk has struck a mighty blow with this fiendish virus! You cannot form giant fists or swords while practicing social distancing.
What's worse, Corona or Vaaiki?
W101wikiguide462.png

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
What's worse, Corona or Vaaiki?
W101wikiguide462.png
Difficult to say. There's no doubt Vaaiki is more deadly, since it's an engineered bioweapon and all, but it's just one evil space bug. It's not infectious. So I'll give it to the Corona virus.

Also the Corona virus is real and Vaaiki is not.

That said, if we could fight Corona in a Star Fox-like battle riding around on a giant miniature P-Star, it would make things slightly more bearable.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda wish I could just request a download key at this point. I pledged for physical but I'd be fine with taking the hit to be able to play without distribution delays.

mantidor

Oct 25, 2017
Why only now I hear about this?

Also I'm shocked about the PS4/steam versions, I could've sworn Nintendo was the publisher.

This has only reminded me how badly I want a Viewtiful Joe ported over, I don't even need a remaster (although a remaster would be good).

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
So i found Wonderful 101 on Wii U for cheap price. Should I get it or wait for the Switch/PS4 version? Will there be significant extra content in those versions?

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So i found Wonderful 101 on Wii U for cheap price. Should I get it or wait for the Switch/PS4 version? Will there be significant extra content in those versions?
There is extra content being added to it, though how significant is probably up to you:

The new stuff is:

-Currently undisclosed onboarding and usability improvements/changes
-Time Attack mode
-Better resolution and frame rates
-Remixed OST, including some tracks being fully orchestrated
-Viewtiful Joe-like 2D game featuring one of the characters from the game, to be added as DLC later

The game is great though and no doubt you will enjoy it if you play it on Wii U instead of waiting for Switch/PS4. The only difference apart from the aforementioned new features is owning it on a modern console whose library you may actively return to vs a dead system. The MSRP for the remastered version is, I believe, only going to be $40 at launch, so it isn't like it is going to break your bank either.

jim2011

Oct 27, 2017
Now the decision, Switch or PC? I'm assuming despite them only listing 1080p for PC that it can go 4K.

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
There is extra content being added to it, though how significant is probably up to you:

The new stuff is:

-Currently undisclosed onboarding and usability improvements/changes
-Time Attack mode
-Better resolution and frame rates
-Remixed OST, including some tracks being fully orchestrated
-Viewtiful Joe-like 2D game featuring one of the characters from the game, to be added as DLC later

The game is great though and no doubt you will enjoy it if you play it on Wii U instead of waiting for Switch/PS4. The only difference apart from the aforementioned new features is owning it on a modern console whose library you may actively return to vs a dead system. The MSRP for the remastered version is, I believe, only going to be $40 at launch, so it isn't like it is going to break your bank either.
Thanks for the really detailed info! Really appreciate it! Still can't decide though, lol. PS4 will have trophies too which i'm kinda leaning into hmmm. And Switch has portability hhmmmmmmm

danmaku

Nov 5, 2017
Thanks for the really detailed info! Really appreciate it! Still can't decide though, lol. PS4 will have trophies too which i'm kinda leaning into hmmm. And Switch has portability hhmmmmmmm

I'd wait for the remaster. The WiiU version runs in slow motion during the big setpieces and the characters look like shit in the cutscenes. I don't know which shader they used to make them look shiny, but it's terrible.

frankabus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just got my survey as well. What platform are people picking? I'm stuck between Switch and PS4...

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Just got my survey as well. What platform are people picking? I'm stuck between Switch and PS4...

I'm getting Switch for the special cover, and probably getting a regular cover PS4 from like Best Buy or something later on.

I have to say, I think this is the first time in any Kickstarters I've backed that gives you the option of unisex or women's fit tshirts. Nice option!