• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pocket Sand

Jan 8, 2018
New Jersey
Kiva was there. He pretty much only appears in the group scenes with a large number of Riders towards the ending though (you can see him among the Riders behind 1 and 2 when their brainwashing is broken), and then gets erased by the Great Leader, never getting any actual camera focus.

Faiz ended with a very open ending, but the implication that Takumi would die soon. Rider 4 basically follows up on the original ending of Faiz, giving it more closure, while also explaining how Takumi could appear in all previous crossovers.

It was technically an alternate timeline even if very close to the main one. Note that Genpachi still was a Shocker monster during Kamen Rider 4.

You know watching a clip of Kamen Rider 3 in the Nininger/Drive crossover credits I saw Kiva in the background so that statement was super redacted after I saw that.
I also still dont understand Faiz at all even after that I suppose I need to put that on the list I need to watch.
All of this alternate timeline stuff when it comes to the movies and such is wild the whole thing with Gou from Nininger/Drive to Kamen Rider 4 is bananas. They can do so much and its low key super canon cause it gets acknowledged in the show at times but it doesn't affect the show BUT ITS SUPER CANON

javadoze

Oct 25, 2017

Some new footage of Ultraman R/B* suits. Looking good.

*It didn't take me until now to realize the logo could also be read as "OR/B". Guess this might just be an Orb sequel after all.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Either give the cop rangers more meat, or combine the teams already

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
There is a scene near the end of an episode where Patranger 1 is looking at funny poster warning people about the Lupinrangers, and it shows Lupinred stealing something. I like the show, but they should show the Lupinrangers actually stealing stuff every once in a while.

I am ok With Patrangers not going..."huh, I wonder what is the stuff they take out from the Ganglers before we execute them". Cops on a mission to murder criminals without seeing the big picture does not seem to me that impossible.

In conclusion, yes, I am overthinking a children's show made to sell toys.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
There is a scene near the end of an episode where Patranger 1 is looking at funny poster warning people about the Lupinrangers, and it shows Lupinred stealing something. I like the show, but they should show the Lupinrangers actually stealing stuff every once in a while.

I am ok With Patrangers not going..."huh, I wonder what is the stuff they take out from the Ganglers before we execute them". Cops on a mission to murder criminals without seeing the big picture does not seem to me that impossible.

In conclusion, yes, I am overthinking a children's show made to sell toys.
The Lupinrangers have no reason to steal anything else and stealing random stuff would hurt their characters.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I wish they were actually phantom thieves even before becoming the Lupinrangers. Due to the set up of their characters they have little reason to do stuff like warning cards, which kind of wastes the potential of the phantom thief premise.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
And yet they are thieves that the police is trying to capture.
Even though all they do is kill the alien gangsters the police wasn't able to until very recently.

LuPato premise is so flawed it hurts.
The Lupinrangers are phantom thieves which means they are supposed to be honorable thieves. Their thing is that they steal from the monsters to save people because they have no other options, which allows them to be seen as good guys to the audience alongside the police. If they started to steal random stuff it would go against all of that.

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, but that doesn't explain why they are treated as common thieves by everybody, specially the police. Either they are thieves and steal stuff or they aren't and just beat the villains. The show wants to have its cake and eat it too and makes no sense.

javadoze

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, but that doesn't explain why they are treated as common thieves by everybody, specially the police. Either they are thieves and steal stuff or they aren't and just beat the villains. The show wants to have its cake and eat it too and makes no sense.
Yeah, it kinda sucks the Lupinrangers aren't a bit more morally gray in contrast to the Patrangers (or likewise, giving the Patrangers a reason to care about the Lupinrangers "stealing" away parts of the Lupin Collection).

Episode 9 is probably the closest we've gotten to the concept of the Lupinrangers being actual thieves and attempting to steal a collection piece from a civilian. If we had more situations like this (where maybe both the Lupinrangers and the ganglers are after a treasure while the Patrangers protect it), the Lupinrangers' portrayal wouldn't be so odd.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Mmpr annual 2018

Tommy really can't catch a break. Drakkon jut killed Zeo Tommy. This issue also confirmed that by shattering the grid, the various post-mmpr season 1 teams don't know of the Drakkon stuff after his initially defeat.

It was nice seeing the spd team again. Getting to see Dr. K blow up Drakkon was surprising and delightful. I was kinda looking forward to her joining his team as a double agent, though. Drakkon admiring her causing the end of the world and keeping that last pocket of humanity is a special kind of fucked up.

The In Space portion was a little weird. Seems like this takes place maybe after Save Our Ship but before episode 3? TJ being mad at being bored and not having his leader role anymore seemed super out of character. Dude never yelled at his team before. Him being smart about defeating Drakkon was a nice throwback to his strategies from In Space. Seems like he might be dead though? Gonna be interesting seeing what Drakkon does with his morpher.

And Ninja Steel's portion...was pretty decent? Brody being angry that they're barely been winning against Madame Odeus was surprising. I can't remember remember if that's true or not. But him destroying his ninja power star to try to give Dane and Mick powers again was kinda smart but also really dumb. Why do that when the Ninja Nexus Prism hasn't done anything for y'all all season? I'm surprised they even mentioned it in this issue.

Anyway, another good entry in the Shattered Grid event. Can't wait until next week's free comic day book. A whole entire month is shattered grid is super nice.

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
They could just make the Lupinrangers have to steal more collection pieces from civillians, like it was with the Scissors mech. They can explain them being criminals by making them do something like that in a flashback or something. Or maybe we're being specist, and Ganglers actually have rights in Lupato's universe, dunno. Probably not, tho, since they're killed like it was nothing.

*It didn't take me until now to realize the logo could also be read as "OR/B". Guess this might just be an Orb sequel after all.

Well...

Dark Orb is there. If Gai and/or Juggler shows up I'm going to be so happy.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
Oh yeah, it's true that so far, the Lupinrangers have stolen from the police once, and tried to steal from a civilan (the pendant). And maybe this week they will attempt to steal from a kid.

Pocket Sand

Jan 8, 2018
New Jersey
Rogue is getting a new form as Kamen Rider "Mad Rogue." Also that Lock/Dragon Hazard form too interesting that its with Cross-Z's sword.
DboP7SNV0AADKez.jpg:large

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Rogue is getting a new form as Kamen Rider "Mad Rogue." Also that Lock/Dragon Hazard form too interesting that its with Cross-Z's sword.

There's a lot happening in this costume - it's like if Kiva, Fourze, Build and a truck motor had a son - but still, I like it.

And Grease will be probably forgotten. Oh well, at least all the other important Riders have new, important forms this time.

Pocket Sand

Jan 8, 2018
New Jersey
Also, the scans show that Stark is Evol.
Didnt even catch that part. The previews for next weeks episode screamed that Stark is Evol too just to further confirm it.

There's a lot happening in this costume - it's like if Kiva, Fourze, Build and a truck motor had a son - but still, I like it.

And Grease will be probably forgotten. Oh well, at least all the other important Riders have new, important forms this time.

Grease kiiiinda feels like on the same level as Necrom from Ghost or Snipe from Ex-Aid with what Im calling "Third Rider Syndrome." Nothing really going on with them in the main series when it comes to new forms but they get their love in extras and such like with Necroms new form in Specters V-Cinema and Brave vs. Snipe ( I thiiiink??? Havent seen that one yet though)

Sorry not sorry for bringing up Ghost again thread :)

Pocket Sand

Jan 8, 2018
New Jersey
Aoki is not the only Toku actor that is in trouble.
http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2018/04/ryoma-baba-suspended-from-agency-for-three-months/
At least he is owning up to it.

Baba also commented, saying, "I have betrayed the trust of the agency and have decided to stop my activities at the moment. I sincerely apologize to you all as this is in conjunction with my 10th anniversary as an actor,".

Sounds like it wasnt anywhere near as bad as what Aoki did but he is taking this in a very honorable route he's taking this L respectfully.

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Didnt even catch that part. The previews for next weeks episode screamed that Stark is Evol too just to further confirm it.

Grease kiiiinda feels like on the same level as Necrom from Ghost or Snipe from Ex-Aid with what Im calling "Third Rider Syndrome." Nothing really going on with them in the main series when it comes to new forms but they get their love in extras and such like with Necroms new form in Specters V-Cinema and Brave vs. Snipe ( I thiiiink??? Havent seen that one yet though)

Sorry not sorry for bringing up Ghost again thread :)

As long as he

Doesn't die, like Chase :(

I'm happy. But I'm kinda expecting that to happen since his heel turn.

Aoki is not the only Toku actor that is in trouble.
http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2018/04/ryoma-baba-suspended-from-agency-for-three-months/
At least he is owning up to it.

Yeah, it's probably something silly or tame, from the tone of the declarations.

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
IM ON EPISODE 28 OF DRIVE I DIDNT GET TO THAT PART YET IM NOT BLAMING YOU I FORGOT QUOTING THREADS SHOWS THE SPOILER NOT YOUR FAULT FAM GAH

I was gonna quote and ask about the spoiler comparing to where I am to see if its safe to read or not LOL

Oh... oh. Sorry. I remembered you were watching some past series, so I marked the spoiler, but I didn't notice that you could read them if you quoted them.

Oct 25, 2017
It's time to stop with the kitbash school of suit design. Two of the best suits from Build are now a single piece of crap. The helmet is actually great though, it just needs another color palette.

Pocket Sand

Jan 8, 2018
New Jersey
original steamy Night Rogue + jellycroc Rogue
Yeah I get you those designs are both really solid. Curious though on what the second bottle is aside from the Bat Bottle Im not sure what that red one is for. You'd think they'd go for a mix of Bat and Crocodile to get this form but UNLESS the new driver ret cons the "one organism one non organism" rule the Build Drivers have that wouldnt make sense.

javadoze

Oct 25, 2017
Ehh... Not bad. I like the idea of returning to the NIght Rogue design elements while carrying on Rogue's colors. But it's definitely missing a little "something" compared to the former two designs.

Also, I wonder what the context is going to be behind Sento using Hazard again (not that I'm complaining).

Pocket Sand

Jan 8, 2018
New Jersey
Ehh... Not bad. I like the idea of returning to the NIght Rogue design elements while carrying on Rogue's colors. But it's definitely missing a little "something" compared to the former two designs.

Also, I wonder what the context is going to be behind Sento using Hazard again (not that I'm complaining).
More importantly why its the Dragon and Key bottles he is using when they're type casted as Banjos bottles or the dragon bottle mostly

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Mad Rogue looks like the proto version of Build's final form

Oct 25, 2017
Mad Rogue looks like the proto version of Build's final form
Isn't he
wearing the Ultimate Driver? Similar Drivers have some common design aspects.

Sento couldnt handle the Dragon & Key bottles so I think Banjo just low key held onto it cause of the Best Match but other then the Dragon bottle being Banjos girlfriend I dont recall the Key bottle being anything special.
Yeah, that was it.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Rogue is stealing some of Grease's shin, and it would be earned if it was Grease

Pocket Sand

Jan 8, 2018
New Jersey
I feel like Rogue is stealing some of Grease's shin, and it would be earned if it was Grease

Well Ill reference my "Third Rider Syndrome" that I talked about earlier.
In Ex-Aid Lazer being the technical 4th rider of the team (Gemn was the last one to join IMHO) he got A LOT more love by means of new forms then Snipe did. I can expect Grease to get a big boy form too outside his base form but I expect it to be closer to the end or in post series content.

Bringing it to Build Rogue is the 4th Rider and is getting a lot more love then Grease is right now with forms but I think thats cause they need it to complete Rogues character arc to get him in with the team.
Expect Mad Rogue to be the form he'll use when he joins up with the team against Evol but thats just my opinion.

OP
OP
ShadowSwordmaster

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
We have our leads and dates.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...-b-show-is-1st-with-brothers-as-leads/.130805
Tsuburaya Productions opened a website on Wednesday to reveal Ultraman R/B, the new Ultraman series debuting on TV Tokyo and its affiliates on July 7. The series will air on Saturdays at 9:00 a.m, and will have 25 episodes.
For the first time in the Ultraman franchise's history, the new show will center on two protagonists who are brothers. Yūya Hirata plays older brother Katsumi Minato, who can transform into Ultraman Rosso (left in image below). Ryōsuke Koike plays younger brother Isami Minato, who can transform into Ultraman Blu (right).

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I totally expect Grease to vet a V-Cinema with a snazzy new form. No way his story gets wrapped up in the show unless it is a minute or two in the finale

Pocket Sand

Jan 8, 2018
New Jersey
I kinda wish Rogue doesn't join join the team, that would be kinda weird after all he did, even with a redemption arc.
I can expect a Gemn type of joining the team with him. He's just joining cause he HAS too.

Yeah I totally expect Grease to vet a V-Cinema with a snazzy new form. No way his story gets wrapped up in the show unless it is a minute or two in the finale

Necrom got a lot of love in the V-Cinema focused around Specter I can see them doing the same thing with Grease.
Alan got a nice ol "lets do some betrayal and shouldn't of survived" stab in the tummy too

Oct 25, 2017
On Mad Rogue

There's one scan page where he's got his hand up to his face, like someone pushing the nose of their glasses up...

If it means what I think it means, I hope we get a Zangetsu vs Zangetsu Shin sort of situation, with or without one of them ending up in the drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.