• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017

Wait Agito got a dub? It any good?

Oh no, the theme is on loop in my head again

Also I still need to get Sharivan DX

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
bleedingcool.com

Playmates Acquires the Power Rangers License from Hasbro for 2025

Get ready for some new Might Morphin fun as Playmates has announced that they are gaining the licensing rights for the Power Rangers

Looking like another nail in PR's coffin. Hasbro has even less reason to do any productions when they've farmed out the toy license (to a nostalgia-heavy outfit at that).

On the plus side, maybe they'll let Shout's Sentai releases pick up more again?

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
bleedingcool.com

Playmates Acquires the Power Rangers License from Hasbro for 2025

Get ready for some new Might Morphin fun as Playmates has announced that they are gaining the licensing rights for the Power Rangers

Looking like another nail in PR's coffin. Hasbro has even less reason to do any productions when they've farmed out the toy license (to a nostalgia-heavy outfit at that).

On the plus side, maybe they'll let Shout's Sentai releases pick up more again?

Just to clarify, Hasbro hasn't sold off the entire ip? Just the toy production rights?

OakTree

Apr 5, 2024
I've got super fond memories of Power Rangers, don't get me wrong, but we're really to the point now where I really wish they would just Dub Sentai.

If it's a branding thing, just keep calling it Power Rangers.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, they've just sublicensed the toys.

Ah ok. Thanks for the clarification.

I've got super fond memories of Power Rangers, don't get me wrong, but we're really to the point now where I really wish they would just Dub Sentai.

If it's a branding thing, just keep calling it Power Rangers.

I don't think it's just a branding thing, considering Kamen Rider is still having it's current season just air in Japan and not be handled like most anime shows are with weeklies appearing same day/week. Some of this is just Toei being Toei also.

Sep 5, 2021
New scans of Boonboomger have come out and they reveal that a certain character will appear:

Go-On Red will appear in episode 12 (May 19th)!

Adam Tyner

Oct 25, 2017
Unlike Zero-One, Shout!'s Blu-ray edition of Kamen Rider Geats doesn't have burned-in subtitles and is sourced from 1080p24 home video masters (rather than 1080i60 broadcast masters).

Uncompressed screenshots hidden behind spoilers:

1713975911_1.png

1713975911_2.png

1713975911_3.png

1713975911_4.png

1713975911_5.png

1713975911_6.png

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, that looks really good, hopefully this is a sign of things to come and Team Kamen Rider will be able to put out higher quality material from now on.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
The footage and subtitles for Geats are top notch. I'm less enthused about the packaging and presentation in some areas but some of that might be out of Shout's hands.

Adam Tyner

Oct 25, 2017
Media Blasters update:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNF1wesJkcw

Back in full-blown production. Box set should include Shin, Zo, J, and World. Not looking to get dubs, Sega CD assets, etc.; just want to get moving. Subtitled only; no dubs. Price point unknown. Should look nice; slipcase or O-ring. Transfers are done for the movies, but they have to wait for Toei to do the transfer for World. Should come out pretty fast; want to get it out by the summer.

If they do individual releases down the road, they won't include World.

First and Next will be part of a subsequent set, probably towards the end of the year.

Last edited:

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
I've been seeing Gotchard stuff on Reddit intermittently and apparently the show has gone completely off the rails. 16-18 being heavily linked to the movie I can't watch is strange enough, but it sounds like there is way more weird stuff going on now.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I've been seeing Gotchard stuff on Reddit intermittently and apparently the show has gone completely off the rails. 16-18 being heavily linked to the movie I can't watch is strange enough, but it sounds like there is way more weird stuff going on now.
Eh, not really. The plot can be a bit all over the place, but even at its best the plot is never super great. I wouldn't say "gone off the rails" so much as had a few weird swerves.

TheAggroCraig

This guy are sick of the One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
I'm attempting to give Kamen Rider Kiva another shot. 7 episodes in and I don't really know what's going on lol.

Sep 5, 2021
Black Condor is the most popular Black according to Japanese Men. Here the TOP 28 list. Thoughts?

nlab.itmedia.co.jp

スーパー戦隊シリーズ「歴代ブラック(黒色の戦士)」人気ランキング! 2位は「ニンジャブラック」、1位は? | 特撮 ねとらぼ調査隊

スーパー戦隊シリーズでたびたび登場する「ブラック(黒色の戦士)」。すべての作品に登場するわけではありませんが、作品中で重要なポジションを担うことも少なくありません。 ねとらぼ調査隊では、2024年4月11日~17日の間、「【スーパー戦隊シリーズ】好きな歴代『ブラック』(黒色の戦士)は?」というテーマでアンケ…

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Always interesting to see how early Sentai color lineups got messed with. Battle fever J being Red, Pink, Blue, Green and Orange is pretty cool and the first time with the latter 2 on the main team I think? Also established orange's as being outsiders.

Black Condor is the most popular Black according to Japanese Men. Here the TOP 28 list. Thoughts?

nlab.itmedia.co.jp

スーパー戦隊シリーズ「歴代ブラック(黒色の戦士)」人気ランキング! 2位は「ニンジャブラック」、1位は? | 特撮 ねとらぼ調査隊

スーパー戦隊シリーズでたびたび登場する「ブラック(黒色の戦士)」。すべての作品に登場するわけではありませんが、作品中で重要なポジションを担うことも少なくありません。 ねとらぼ調査隊では、2024年4月11日~17日の間、「【スーパー戦隊シリーズ】好きな歴代『ブラック』(黒色の戦士)は?」というテーマでアンケ…
I've watched 3 episodes of Jetman, and yeah I can believe it. Dude is an angsty loner with a bike and sax. Drips cool.