Nov 27, 2017

Wait Agito got a dub? It any good?

Oh no, the theme is on loop in my head again

Also I still need to get Sharivan DX

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
bleedingcool.com

Playmates Acquires the Power Rangers License from Hasbro for 2025

Get ready for some new Might Morphin fun as Playmates has announced that they are gaining the licensing rights for the Power Rangers

Looking like another nail in PR's coffin. Hasbro has even less reason to do any productions when they've farmed out the toy license (to a nostalgia-heavy outfit at that).

On the plus side, maybe they'll let Shout's Sentai releases pick up more again?

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
bleedingcool.com

Playmates Acquires the Power Rangers License from Hasbro for 2025

Get ready for some new Might Morphin fun as Playmates has announced that they are gaining the licensing rights for the Power Rangers

Looking like another nail in PR's coffin. Hasbro has even less reason to do any productions when they've farmed out the toy license (to a nostalgia-heavy outfit at that).

On the plus side, maybe they'll let Shout's Sentai releases pick up more again?

Just to clarify, Hasbro hasn't sold off the entire ip? Just the toy production rights?

OakTree

Apr 5, 2024
I've got super fond memories of Power Rangers, don't get me wrong, but we're really to the point now where I really wish they would just Dub Sentai.

If it's a branding thing, just keep calling it Power Rangers.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, they've just sublicensed the toys.

Ah ok. Thanks for the clarification.

I've got super fond memories of Power Rangers, don't get me wrong, but we're really to the point now where I really wish they would just Dub Sentai.

If it's a branding thing, just keep calling it Power Rangers.

I don't think it's just a branding thing, considering Kamen Rider is still having it's current season just air in Japan and not be handled like most anime shows are with weeklies appearing same day/week. Some of this is just Toei being Toei also.

Sep 5, 2021
New scans of Boonboomger have come out and they reveal that a certain character will appear:

Go-On Red will appear in episode 12 (May 19th)!

Adam Tyner

Oct 25, 2017
Unlike Zero-One, Shout!'s Blu-ray edition of Kamen Rider Geats doesn't have burned-in subtitles and is sourced from 1080p24 home video masters (rather than 1080i60 broadcast masters).

Uncompressed screenshots hidden behind spoilers:

1713975911_1.png

1713975911_2.png

1713975911_3.png

1713975911_4.png

1713975911_5.png

1713975911_6.png

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, that looks really good, hopefully this is a sign of things to come and Team Kamen Rider will be able to put out higher quality material from now on.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
The footage and subtitles for Geats are top notch. I'm less enthused about the packaging and presentation in some areas but some of that might be out of Shout's hands.

Adam Tyner

Oct 25, 2017
Media Blasters update:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNF1wesJkcw

Back in full-blown production. Box set should include Shin, Zo, J, and World. Not looking to get dubs, Sega CD assets, etc.; just want to get moving. Subtitled only; no dubs. Price point unknown. Should look nice; slipcase or O-ring. Transfers are done for the movies, but they have to wait for Toei to do the transfer for World. Should come out pretty fast; want to get it out by the summer.

If they do individual releases down the road, they won't include World.

First and Next will be part of a subsequent set, probably towards the end of the year.

Last edited:

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
I've been seeing Gotchard stuff on Reddit intermittently and apparently the show has gone completely off the rails. 16-18 being heavily linked to the movie I can't watch is strange enough, but it sounds like there is way more weird stuff going on now.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I've been seeing Gotchard stuff on Reddit intermittently and apparently the show has gone completely off the rails. 16-18 being heavily linked to the movie I can't watch is strange enough, but it sounds like there is way more weird stuff going on now.
Eh, not really. The plot can be a bit all over the place, but even at its best the plot is never super great. I wouldn't say "gone off the rails" so much as had a few weird swerves.

TheAggroCraig

This guy are sick of the One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
I'm attempting to give Kamen Rider Kiva another shot. 7 episodes in and I don't really know what's going on lol.

Sep 5, 2021
Black Condor is the most popular Black according to Japanese Men. Here the TOP 28 list. Thoughts?

nlab.itmedia.co.jp

スーパー戦隊シリーズ「歴代ブラック(黒色の戦士)」人気ランキング! 2位は「ニンジャブラック」、1位は? | 特撮 ねとらぼ調査隊

スーパー戦隊シリーズでたびたび登場する「ブラック(黒色の戦士)」。すべての作品に登場するわけではありませんが、作品中で重要なポジションを担うことも少なくありません。 ねとらぼ調査隊では、2024年4月11日~17日の間、「【スーパー戦隊シリーズ】好きな歴代『ブラック』(黒色の戦士)は?」というテーマでアンケ…

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Always interesting to see how early Sentai color lineups got messed with. Battle fever J being Red, Pink, Blue, Green and Orange is pretty cool and the first time with the latter 2 on the main team I think? Also established orange's as being outsiders.

Black Condor is the most popular Black according to Japanese Men. Here the TOP 28 list. Thoughts?

nlab.itmedia.co.jp

スーパー戦隊シリーズでたびたび登場する「ブラック(黒色の戦士)」。すべての作品に登場するわけではありませんが、作品中で重要なポジションを担うことも少なくありません。 ねとらぼ調査隊では、2024年4月11日~17日の間、「【スーパー戦隊シリーズ】好きな歴代『ブラック』(黒色の戦士)は?」というテーマでアンケ…
I've watched 3 episodes of Jetman, and yeah I can believe it. Dude is an angsty loner with a bike and sax. Drips cool.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Not surprising at all considering Jetman's popularity and Gai's overall role and characterization.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017

nlab.itmedia.co.jp

These online Sentai polls typically have pretty small sample sizes (relative to the number of choices), so you need to be careful what you infer. In this case, Black Condor is clearly the favorite and Ninja Black clearly #2. If you look at the vote tally past that, then it's singular vote separation through all of the next few, and if #3 had gotten like five less votes, they would have fallen to #10 lol.

I don't have too much to add beyond that given that Black Condor and Ninja Black are heads and shoulders my personal #1 and #2 lol. So I am in clear agreement with popular opinion here.

Anyone I thought might rank a bit higher are within the #3-15 vote crunch mentioned so no real surprises on my end. Kingranger and Black Mask fanclubs looking pretty dire lol.

Sep 5, 2021
Here are the updated Super Sentai, Precure and Kamen Rider sales charts with Boonboomger Q1, Wonderful Q1 and Gotchard Q2 respectively:

super-sentai-toy-sales-updated-with-boonboomger-q1-v0-p6g5865gtezc1.jpeg

kamen-rider-toy-sales-updated-with-gotchard-q2-v0-4wrnt595sezc1.jpeg

zuobcx7yvezc1.jpeg

Last edited:

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Huh, I was just wondering earlier today when we would get a trademark

Gavv… I got nothing. Guess it'll be a few months until we get a proper reveal. Also, what's with all the G names lately? Shit's confusing

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Gavv is written like Gavu in katakana, which sounds like the onomatopoeia of biting/gulping down on something ("gabugabu" or "gabu"). Tracks with what we know of the toy leaks around the show's transformation belts consuming special gummies.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017

OakTree

Apr 5, 2024
I'll never get over how cool it is that the animated Ultras get Spandex suits instead of Rubber ones when they appear in live action. Such a unique look.
0WGV6Oy.gif

Rising!Man will eventually show up for sure and it's gonna be sick as hell.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I'll never get over how cool it is that the animated Ultras get Spandex suits instead of Rubber ones when they appear in live action. Such a unique look.
0WGV6Oy.gif

Rising!Man will eventually show up for sure and it's gonna be sick as hell.
It's still amazing to me they even revived the American Ultra-trio. Just an awesome callback

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think there's a single Ultraman related thing that tsuburaya wouldn't revive these days.

If there wasn't any bad blood with Chaiyo we would probably be seeing the return of Hanuman from that one Thai movie in some form.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
King-Ohger vs Donbrothers
The "downside" of returning to the normal, snappy Vs format* is not too much time back with the DonBrothers, and I've definitely missed these idiots. Still, it was fun, and a lot of the setup for the comedy was incredibly spot-on.

(*I'm assuming this is because it was produced together with Vs Kyoryuger so I'm not necessarily taking it to have any bearing for next year).

King-Ohger vs Kyoryuger
Spoiler-free advisory: This is 120% a companion to the crossover eps (and King-Ohger as a whole) in basically every capacity imaginable, from plot points to which Kyoryuger are given screen time. I think some people may be disappointed if they go in expecting something closer to a "proper" 10 Year Anniversary project. But be happy with what we got, I imagine it was done this way in no small part because of scheduling availabilities etc.

That said, they did cram in a lot of Kyoryuger fanservice.

Even having seen a spoiler summary, I didn't anticipate how much of the runtime was basically a Utchy comedy special. And, from what I had been aware of regarding the ending stinger, I thought History changing to make Dantetsu into Prince's father was just a "fun" way to decouple that doofus from being Daigo's son. I did not realize that, even with Dantetsu now being Prince's father that Amy is still his mother. Good luck getting Yayoi on board to want to fix that, Utchy.

Adam Tyner

Oct 25, 2017
Listings are up (link!) for a Blu-ray release of Ultraman Taiga (and the Taiga movie) from Mill Creek, suggesting a new TsuPro deal has been signed. Release date is currently July 30th, although a delay wouldn't surprise me.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Listings are up (link!) for a Blu-ray release of Ultraman Taiga (and the Taiga movie) from Mill Creek, suggesting a new TsuPro deal has been signed. Release date is currently July 30th, although a delay wouldn't surprise me.

Oh dang, that's great to hear! Curious to finally check out Taiga; it's kind of felt like "the forgotten child" in how it's been the only New Gen series to not be officially available in NA until now.

Hope this means a Z BD is imminent too.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Oh dang, that's great to hear! Curious to finally check out Taiga; it's kind of felt like "the forgotten child" in how it's been the only New Gen series to not be officially available in NA until now.

Hope this means a Z BD is imminent too.
Hopefully Z(and Blazar down the road) would include the English dub too. I know the older stuff has messy licensing on that front but you'd think the new stuff wouldn't