Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
san jose, ca
Raimi's Goblin is pretty green tho.
thumbnail-green-goblin-2002-movie.jpg
HOME, AM I????

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Right, that's what I mean: nothing is announced. But personally, I think Phase 4 will end with an Avengers movie.

I think they're building up to Avengers: Secret Wars.
The Weekly Planet were saying they could see this being the next major event and holy fuck, if there were ever a "dream event" MCU movie to happen this would be it.
Kraven's Last Hunt is a really dark storyline where Kraven the Hunter defeats Spider-Man and buries him alive. Some really dark stuff happens in it after that.
I mean. I used to think that the MCU would shy away from a few things that they ended up doing anyway. And then added things. Like Thanos getting his goddamn head chopped off.

But to be fair, Marvel comics have 50+ years of stories from varying writers trying all sorts of horrific and weird shit that would never appear in movies today. Cannibalism and creepy sex scenes both come to mind.

I knew about the burial but none of the stuff after that. It's one of the few famous Spidey comics I've never read. Maybe I'll do that tonight.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I mean. I used to think that the MCU would shy away from a few things that they ended up doing anyway. And then added things. Like Thanos getting his goddamn head chopped off.

But to be fair, Marvel comics have 50+ years of comics from varying writers trying all sorts of horrific and weird shit that would never appear in movie today.

I knew about the burial but none of the stuff after that. It's one of the few famous Spidey comics I've never read. Maybe I'll do that tonight.

At the end of the story, Kraven
blows his brains out with a rifle. Satisfied that he had defeated Spider-Man.

Hard to see Marvel/Sony going there.

Coleslaw

Nov 3, 2018
He is there to promote cherry

at best you'll get a title drop if that.

I'm expecting that after Cherry and his other movie have come out and had their press cycle, we'll start getting more Spider-Man. I'm hopeful for something tonight maybe (edit given the Twitter goofiness). But yeah I agree.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Spider-Man: Homerun, in which Peter does his due diligence as a New Yorker by attempting to trick everyone else into thinking baseball is worth watching.

Geode

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
Spider-Man: Home has a squeaky gate

Hopefully someone gets the reference.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Spider-Man: Home Movies.

In which Holland's Parker tries to get into a better Spider-Man movie.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
People are crying that the MCU's MJ isn't "right" because she's not a pro model smf

Maybe she grows into it? Ya think? They're still in high school and Marvel wants them to stay that way for the time being, that's why they cast who they cast. Peter's not a photographer from the Daily Bugle yet either give them time to develop the character smh the MCU is its own unique canon from the comics, much like the Ultimate line they're using it to take liberties with their characters and do new things.

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
I still think it's Spider-Man: Home-Sick

But I'd be comfortable with Spider-Man: Homey Don't Play That.

So is Holland coming on Kimmel tonight or, no? I don't think I can stay awake beyond Bernie talking.

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017

Nothing yet. He repeated his lines about if Tobey and Andrew were in new Home, it was news to him since he's read the script front to back and, well, he's in it.

Either he's lying, he's not in any scenes with them, or a lot of leakers have been taken for a ride, along with the rest of us.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Unless they surprise us with it in the game they play or Tom "let's it slip" I don't think we're getting a title

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
People are crying that the MCU's MJ isn't "right" because she's not a pro model smf

Maybe she grows into it? Ya think? They're still in high school and Marvel wants them to stay that way for the time being, that's why they cast who they cast. Peter's not a photographer from the Daily Bugle yet either give them time to develop the character smh the MCU is its own unique canon from the comics, much like the Ultimate line they're using it to take liberties with their characters and do new things.

My objection is she is Not-Mary Jane. Marvel were either too cowardly to say they cast Zendaya as Mary Jane and created an OC that uses her nickname or they wanted to "surprise" the audience that one of the first people they cast is playing the iconic love interest of the franchise.

The fact that a lot of people can't decide which the case is would indicate this might be a problem.

Surakian

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Nothing yet. He repeated his lines about if Tobey and Andrew were in new Home, it was news to him since he's read the script front to back and, well, he's in it.

Either he's lying, he's not in any scenes with them, or a lot of leakers have been taken for a ride, along with the rest of us.

I mean, if they are in (and I think we are all fairly certain they are), there is no way Holland would even be remotely allowed to say anything and probably has Sony and Marvel reps hovering around him at all times to make sure he doesn't say anything.

Also when he says he's in it, does he mean himself "Tom Holland" or does he mean "Peter Parker" is in it because lol if he means "Peter Parker", that's also another level of plausible deniability.