Status
Not open for further replies.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
i find it hilarious how Kabuto went from psychopathic killer and twisted medical experimenter to orphan nanny, well Itachi did basically lock him up in torture until he got over himself lol

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
I actually completely forgot that Kobra Kommando Kabuto opened up an orphanage.
tenor.gif

It is one of those factual events that takes place and even then you swear it had to be made up.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
i'd be more surprised that a 13 year old didn't get banned

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My first message boards were the ESPN forums, the forums became unusable due to the wild west nature of the early web, leading me to troll incessantly with shock pictures (Remember when Lemon Party was a shocking image)

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I remember my first forums were Nsider, that Nintendo forum. I was also on some random DDR-themed forum and oh god, I'm so glad that place is gone because my behavior was absolutely TERRIBLE/DUMB and it didn't help two members absolutely despised me.

I'd make a snarky comment about how Console War people in 2019 need to get a life, but at least they aren't being white supremacists?
This is the same co-worker, who is in his mid-30s & still lives with his parents, who asked me if I've ever moved my cat's food or water, to which I told him no because this was when my cat became blind & he knew this, to which he questioned why I didn't try doing it because "it'd be fun", & the only thing I could say back to him was "fucking with blind people is not my idea of fun"

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
i think his problem has less to do with living with his parents and more to do with him being an ass

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
remember my first forums were Nsider, that Nintendo forum.
Same. I remember when I would constantly shitpost in the Metroid boards about how Metroid was better than Halo or whatever. And I also remember that you could only use preset avatars there and how huge it was when they let us use Sonic avatars. Good (?) times.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I remember my first forums were Nsider, that Nintendo forum. I was also on some random DDR-themed forum and oh god, I'm so glad that place is gone because my behavior was absolutely TERRIBLE/DUMB and it didn't help two members absolutely despised me.

This is the same co-worker, who is in his mid-30s & still lives with his parents, who asked me if I've ever moved my cat's food or water, to which I told him no because this was when my cat became blind & he knew this, to which he questioned why I didn't try doing it because "it'd be fun", & the only thing I could say back to him was "fucking with blind people is not my idea of fun"

Yeah that is someone I would do my best to avoid.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
My first forum I used in any real ammount was also NeoGAF. Mostly cause I couldn't stand how most other forums looked from a design perspective.

speaking of gaf is there any way to delete my account on there? i don't want it there anymore
If you PM an admin (like Gromph) I'm sure they'd do it for you.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
My first forum I used in any real ammount was also NeoGAF. Mostly cause I couldn't stand how most other forums looked from a design perspective.

If you PM an admin (like Gromph) I'm sure they'd do it for you.
are there any good ones left?

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Oh right, duh, another forum I was on growing up was Capcom's official forums in 2009 because they had a point system to be able to spend on auctions & such. A few months later, I got a PM from one of the mods/community managers about becoming a mod myself.

& I kid you not, I found out one of the reasons I was chosen was due to having a Gold Lightan avatar & felt that I'd be a good fit for the Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom part of the forums.

I will say, for the 7 years I was a mod, it really shaped my online behavior & taught me internet etiquette.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
closest i got before gaf was probably my old wow guild's forum

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Playing Sekiro has me thinking on Ninja games, and it make me remember an old forgotten PS2 game.

Red Ninja End of Honor was a bad game for a myriad of reasons. (Bad controls, boring combat, an edgy meandering story.) It is however, one of the few games I can think of where you play a female character and can attempt to seduce enemy soldiers to kill them.

I say attempt because the AI would usually break when you tried to do it, and then attack you.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
I actually think the very first forum I discovered was the Nickelodeon forum that probably doesn't exist anymore. I remember chatting with people about Spongebob and being absolutely amazed that I could use the internet to just...talk to people about things that I liked. Wasn't too long after that when I discovered video game forums and was promptly ruined for life.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
Playing Sekiro has me thinking on Ninja games, and it make me remember an old forgotten PS2 game.

Red Ninja End of Honor was a bad game for a myriad of reasons. (Bad controls, boring combat, an edgy meandering story.) It is however, one of the few games I can think of where you play a female character and can attempt to seduce enemy soldiers to kill them.

I say attempt because the AI would usually break when you tried to do it, and then attack you.

I actually remember this game. Never played it though, probably heard about it watching X-Play or something back in the day

Tenumi

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
First forum I can remember posting at was an old Goldeneye/Perfect Dark/Timesplitters fansite. My brother actually became part of the site's staff at one point. Eventually I nepotism'd my way to a moderator role. Stayed with that community through several subsequent websites until activity just trickled away to nothing.

I don't think I even broke 1000 posts total over those sites.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017

Holy shit. This sounds like a meme being made into a movie.

Considering how much of a disaster it turned out to be I kind of wish they went through with it if only for the wtf factor. Hell at least it can be labeled bold.

There are times you just gotta go, you know what? Let's Gremlins 2 this bitch.

I think that is why I like Lord and Miller's animated movies so much. They toss EVERYTHING at the wall. Who knew my favorite Spiderman movie of all time wouldn't even star Peter Parker.

Edit: Happy belated birthday Hellwarden!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Not really a Toonami thing, but I saw this on Twitter regarding Batman Beyond that was interesting enough. Looks like WIll Friedle (Terry McGinnis) and Kevin Conroy (Bruce Wayne) often recorded together. Always neat when you can do that.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Only other show where I know they did that was with Real Ghostbusters. It seems to really help a show since it gives off the feeling the actors really got along with each other.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
it probably varies project by project and based on the needs of the actors, I know that most of the main SU cast records together usually but Estelle usually has to do it remotely because she does a lot of travelling

Oct 25, 2017
it probably varies project by project and based on the needs of the actors, I know that most of the main SU cast records together usually but Estelle usually has to do it remotely because she does a lot of travelling
With situations like that it makes sense. I just assumed we would be recording stuff the same way they do it in Japan for the most part.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I can't actually think of my first forum, but I did spend a lot of time on mmo-champion

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Only other show where I know they did that was with Real Ghostbusters. It seems to really help a show since it gives off the feeling the actors really got along with each other.

It depends on the show. The original Batman The Animated Series had a lot of recording sessions done with everyone together. Its pretty interesting to listen to the rest of the cast talk about Mark Hamill doing the Joker. He's the only one who stood and would gesticulate and get really into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.