• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deimo5

Oct 25, 2017
Souls characters now too, oh my. Artorias should look cool once he steps out of the shadows.

TheVoidDragon

Jan 16, 2018
I completely forgot about the Sonic one. Has the Sonic figure actaully released in the UK? I thought it was in June, but GAME UK now says pre-order for July - i'm not sure if that's the actual release date or a re-release. Forbidden planet says out of stock, while the other Forbidden planet says pre-order due in end of august.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I completely forgot about the Sonic one. Has the Sonic figure actaully released in the UK? I thought it was in June, but GAME UK now says pre-order for July - i'm not sure if that's the actual release date or a re-release. Forbidden planet says out of stock, while the other Forbidden planet says pre-order due in end of august.

It's the same in NA. Moved from June 1 to July 1, and who knows if it'll be out then.

TheVoidDragon

Jan 16, 2018
It's the same in NA. Moved from June 1 to July 1, and who knows if it'll be out then.

I can't seem to find any unboxing videos , second-hand sales, or a listing on Amazon UK for the sonic figure, so i'm assuming that means it hasn't actually been released and those pre-orders aren't for re-stocks...but if that's the case i don't get why one of the Forbidden planets would say out of stock and they'd all have vastly different dates for pre-orders.

OP
OP

Diggeh

Oct 25, 2017
Aloy is up on GS, release date seems to be September 28.

161721b.jpg

She's looking a little...er...Well...

OP
OP

Diggeh

Oct 25, 2017

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
That Ryu is actually kind of cool. Should pre-order him along with Sonic. Sucks I can't even order Parappa online, let alone find him in stores close by. Thinkgeek doesn't even have most of them, only like 3, & they're all out of stock.

OP
OP

Diggeh

Oct 25, 2017
To preserve my sanity I'm going to start labeling waves by month and just listing dates as needed. This is way messier than maintaining the amiibo OT but I'm not giving up!

Orchid

Oct 27, 2017
GAME's Totaku section hasn't been updated in bloody ages, it's getting annoying.

Watcher is supposedly coming out on July 6th and yet GAME still says TBA.

ThinkGeek/GAME need to manage these releases a hell of a lot better than what they're doing now

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
Aloy looks kinda rough, but I'll reserve judgement- I thought Heihachi and the God of War figures looked bad in promos, and they ended up looking alright. Realistic people with non-helmeted/exposed faces are the line's biggest issue right now.

Ryu looks awesome, really dynamic, will look great alongside the Amiibo and the Tekken figures. The Yu-Gi-Oh figures look great too. Wish they'd just show us all the stuff they're letting us pre-order already, but it's good to at least see some of the figures I've had money on since before the first wave came out.

TheVoidDragon

Jan 16, 2018
I really don't like the look of those Yu-Gi-Oh figures, which is a shame as they were the ones i was looking forward to the most. For some reason they both look cheaper quality and more toy-like to me, especially the Blue-eyes white dragon - the pose and lack of any real detail they decided to have on the figure reminds me more of Mcdonalds toys, even the artwork from the anime on the box has more depth and life to it with its colours and shading.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Oh damn, just saw that Parappa is finally back in stock as well. Guess I'll order him while also pre-ordering Ryu & Sonic as well. Still gotta wait on Space Invaders, the Crash characters, Mega Man, & the Sonic characters, along with that rumored Spyro one.

I might get Evan as well, but he's the only one who I've actually seen in store along with Crash.

Edit: LOL ARE YOU KIDDING, I'd have to pay $5 PER PRE-ORDER for them to ship it, even though they're part of the same order. Bloody hell, do I just have to wait for Ryu to come out & hope that Sonic & Parappa are still available?!

Last edited:

Undi3sss

Apr 10, 2018
As bad as Aloy's face is, I gotta give them props for giving her the focus in her ear. The expensive collectors edition statue and the ThinkGeek statue don't have the focus in her ear for some reason.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Got my Hunter in from the gamestop.com replenishment. Such a nice looking figure, given the price! That plastic smell is certainly... strong >_>

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The square nose has me worried, but I'll buy it as long as it's their classic look.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
The more I look at it, that's Kazooie with a trumpet. I think Banjo's face is pointed down towards the banjo.

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
So did the Yugioh ones actually come out? Still says preorder on the site and my local GS doesn't know.
Wanted to get Blue Eyes for someone as there isn't much physical products for Yugi fans these days

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
So did the Yugioh ones actually come out? Still says preorder on the site and my local GS doesn't know.
Wanted to get Blue Eyes for someone as there isn't much physical products for Yugi fans these days

Not out yet, and with the way dates on these figures go, its hard to say when they will be

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
Not out yet, and with the way dates on these figures go, its hard to say when they will be

Cool thanks!, The release date for these things are so wonky.
On another note they seem to be really conservative with print runs. For an exclusive line all the GS' in my area practically have 0 of these in stock.

Is this figures sold in America only?

I believe GAME in UK has them? Cant speak for the rest of the world

Fr1zzank

Nov 20, 2017
Just picked up Watcher, Lemming, and AG-SYS. I like them, but they all have "EB Exclusive" stickers on them. I never noticed, but is this standard on all Totakus now? It's not like those three are only at EB Games; I assumed ALL Totaku were exclusive to EB Games in Canada.

OP
OP

Diggeh

Oct 25, 2017
The Lemmings/AG-SYS/Watcher wave seems to be in stock online, but I haven't gotten a call about my in store preorders yet. This line is so awful with communication and distribution!

Also the Blue Eyes is now the 15th and Summoned Skull doesn't have a date anymore. Sonic is also still at the weird new 12/30 date.

I don't even...

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
I went to check in store yesterday and was told my preorders were in transit and should be in Monday/Tuesday, for what that's worth.

Undi3sss

Apr 10, 2018
I was excited for Lara, but she looks pretty bad. The human characters just don't look that great, I'm hoping we get more cartoony characters like Jak and Daxter/Ratchet and Clank/Sly Cooper they'll actually loo good.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Freakin Totaku...

Gamestop app said Ryu was ready for pickup last week... Go to store and shipments for it weren't in. I check today, abd it's dated for 8/1 but still as a pre-order -_-