• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP

Diggeh

Oct 25, 2017
Time for more non-NA news and images!
Dpy4YVOX4AA1C1V.jpg

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
......I have no words... The Sonic ones look great!

Is there like, an appropriate PR we can contact? Should we get Kotaku journalism to investigate so that us (few remaining) fans can at the very least get some answers?! I REALLY don't want to have to import these!

Deimo5

Oct 25, 2017
My Artorias was supposed to get delivered today but instead I get...nothing. No email about delayed shipping either like I got with Lara Croft. Fingers crossed.

TheVoidDragon

Jan 16, 2018
I remember around the start some of the figures like the Bloodborne Hunter were pretty hard to get in the UK and sold out fast whenthey were out, is that the case with any of the recently released figures? I went into GAME last week and it seemed they had Sonic and a few other new ones, still first edition which surprised me - i expected ones like Sonic would be sold out quickly.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
....any news at all for NA? There's supposed to be 3 "releases" tomorrow but we know that won't happen...

I sure wish some website will do some journalism to figure out what's going on :(

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Oh oh says he was out last month :p Yeahhhh...

Totaku is only for EU people and not NA plebs :/ (Like Amiibo, but worse)

That's... incredibly weird that you guys are having issues. Like, isn't it Gamestop who are creating them and GAME are importing them from America? I'm so confused.

My partner got me Sonic and Tails though, so I'm v happy.
I want Banjo next.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
That's... incredibly weird that you guys are having issues. Like, isn't it Gamestop who are creating them and GAME are importing them from America? I'm so confused.

My partner got me Sonic and Tails though, so I'm v happy.
I want Banjo next.

That's what I thought. (I want those Totakus too v_v... Just sittin there paid off...)

Oct 28, 2017
I need to go to Gamestop this weekend to reassign the preorder money I had put down on the now canceled Totaku, I think I'm just going to cancel all of my preorders except Tails and Knuckles. This is a top notch shit show in the U.S, not worth the frustration anymore.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
OMG GOOD NEWS GUYS!!!

At GS right now and Ryu, Tails, Knuckles, and Summon Skull are IN TRANSIT!! Sonic I guess is still delayed, but hey this is something :x

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even see Tails & Knuckles up on GS' site. At least Ryu is up, but considering shipping & the fact you have to pay shipping for each pre-order, no point in ordering now.

I'm also seeing Cortex & Coco are coming this week, but considering the frustration with the release schedule, I'm not getting my hopes up.

I swear, I really don't want to resort to importing considering this is pretty much an US issue, but what other choice do I have at this rate. I want the Sonic trio, Ryu, Spyro, the other Crash characters, Banjo-Kazooie, and wouldn't mind Master Chief & Conker as gifts, but it's almost impossible to get them via GS. Also when the hell is that Space Invaders one.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
OMG GOOD NEWS GUYS!!!

At GS right now and Ryu, Tails, Knuckles, and Summon Skull are IN TRANSIT!! Sonic I guess is still delayed, but hey this is something :x
Is that what they told you? I noticed that both Ryu and Blue Eyes show in stock on the website but they don't even have a listing for tails or knuckles yet.

Drayco21

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
My pre-orders have been in transit for well over a month, don't get too excited, unfortunately.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Is that what they told you? I noticed that both Ryu and Blue Eyes show in stock on the website but they don't even have a listing for tails or knuckles yet.

My pre-orders have been in transit for well over a month, don't get too excited, unfortunately.

They know me there (one of the good stores) and this was the first time it's popped up. Said they get notification a few days after UPS notifies them, and they just got shipping details yesterday, which means that they will be in this week. I will be back in Tuesday to pick up a pre-order, so hopefully by then.

Tails and Knuckles were pre-orderable months ago, and I've had mine paid off since them. I'm guessing that some like Ryu are now online-only, after the pre-order cut off for in stores.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
It's sounding like finding these is extremely YMMV, but for what it's worth they had quite a few at my local store today: Summoned Skull, Ryu, Knuckles, Tails, Master Chief, and Mitsurugi (I didn't even realize they were making a Mitsurugi one).

Coco and Cortex are apparently in the system, so they might show up soon.

The Master Chief figure is surprisingly quality, easily the best one I've gotten yet. Ryu's gi is a little yellowed, unfortunately.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
It's sounding like finding these is extremely YMMV, but for what it's worth they had quite a few at my local store today: Summoned Skull, Ryu, Knuckles, Tails, Master Chief, and Mitsurugi (I didn't even realize they were making a Mitsurugi one).

Coco and Cortex are apparently in the system, so they might show up soon.

The Master Chief figure is surprisingly quality, easily the best one I've gotten yet. Ryu's gi is a little yellowed, unfortunately.

Is this NA or EU though?

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, Master Chief is out? GS' site said he wasn't out until January.

At this rate, we might have to start asking others on here to buy them from the store & ship them out to members who are having no luck with these.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm very aggravated with how these are handled. So I have Tails, Knuckles, Ryu, Aloy, Master Chief, Mitsurugi and both Yugioh ones pre-ordered. Some for store pickup and others shipping. My tails and knuckles arrived at the store. The others I had set to ship to me. I saw all of them in stock on their website earlier today and now some have sold out. None of mine have shipped though. What is going on with these

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Wait, Master Chief is out? GS' site said he wasn't out until January.

At this rate, we might have to start asking others on here to buy them from the store & ship them out to members who are having no luck with these.

Yup! Here's some shitty cell phone images of the ones I got today.

It sounded like Master Chief and Mitsurugi just came out today, for what that's worth.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Funny, I also pre-order Mitsurugi but he never ever showed up in the (not entirely accurate when it comes to Totakus) app. I hope he came in too!

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Funny, I also pre-order Mitsurugi but he never ever showed up in the (not entirely accurate when it comes to Totakus) app. I hope he came in too!
I called my store and they told me both Chief and Mitsurugi were in transit to the store currently. I wish I would've done all of them at the store as I don't know if they are going to ship my yugioh, Ryu, or Aloy.

Gameboy415

Oct 30, 2017
NW Suburbs, Illinois
My store had several new ones in today:
-Knuckles
-Tails
-Aloy
-Ryu
-Yugioh Skeleton Guy (don't know/didn't notice its name)
-Battlefield Soldier Guy

On top of that, they were all randomly on sale for $7.49 so I grabbed Knuckles, Tails, Aloy, and Lara Croft! :D

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Holy crap, was picking up Tetris Effect when out of the corner of my eye, I noticed a Tails figure, and even better, a Knuckles one as well! My store FINALLY got some that wasn't just Crash. There was also 2 Master Chiefs, one or two Mitsurugi, Lara, Battlefield, & one each of the Yu-Gi-Oh monsters.

Need to order a game online as a Xmas gift, might use this as a chance to order Ryu & Sonic to qualify for free shipping + finally get them.

If I HAD to nitpick about Tails & Knuckles, it's that they used the same background image as Sonic & I get why, but I sorta wish they had used Sonic 2 & 3 levels, i.e. Emerald Hill or Chemical Plant & Angel Island.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got all of the new ones now except the Battlefield one. I didn't have it pre-ordered and I'm trying to have my store get one from another store so I don't have to pay shipping. Now to wait for the next wave of Spyro, Cortex, Coco, and Dark Souls to be released.

Drayco21

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
I walked out of my Gamestop with 10 figures. Apparently one of the place holder names I pre-ordered forever ago was the jumbled mess of Battlefield Lady because I have 2 of them now. These human faces are still bad! But Chief, Knuckles, Tails, Blue Eyes and Summoned Skull look great.

Aloy seems weirdly tall; taller than Master Chief or Ryu, which seems weird, and looks about as tall if not a little taller than Kratos. Not that scale is important for these figures, but it struck me as strange. Aside from the cross eyed dope face, she looks pretty good. Mitsurugi and Ryu would both be perfect with better faces too. Hopefully as they continue to make these, they continue to improve on this- they're never as bad as the first promo pics make them look, but still.

The only one I don't care for at all is the Battlefield Lady, who I pre-ordered because I had one down for literally every other figure in the system so I guess I'm all the way all-in on this line. Maybe I'd like her more if I cared about that game at all, but on the shelf she just kinda looks like a hunched grey blob. Her background piece just being solid blue is pretty lame too.

And I officially require a new place for these things, cuz I'm out of space again. At least I probably won't have to worry about finding that space for another year or something whenever the next set drops.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
I was able to get Aloy, Knuckles, and Master Chief this evening from my GameStop in Missouri. They also had a Battlefield figure, a SoulCalibur VI one, both Yu-Gi-Oh! ones as well. :)

edit: Oh, and Ryu, too.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I saw Battlefield woman and wow that stock photo didn't lie, it looks like a prototype! I feel like they went cheap on her and Blue Eyes :/

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
Blue eyes is bad? dangit, my little guy has been waiting forever for that to come out too

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
The human totaku's just don't look great in general. Characters like the Sonic line are fantastic though.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah seems Sonic showed up in most stores now. Just waiting on Spyro next. I knew that date for Artorias wasn't legit. I mean the official Totaku twitter said it would be a January release so idk why all these sites listed it as November to begin with.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I walked into some Gamestop on my travels this week, and it was funny to see all of them (FINALLY) with all the new Totaku.

TheVoidDragon

Jan 16, 2018
The Conker figure is showing as in-stock to order from GAME, but does anyone know if this is still the first run of them or not? I have no idea if they've sold out and this is the re-stocks or something, this is the first time i've seen the listing on the site and i didn't know it was out.

TheVoidDragon

Jan 16, 2018
Conker is available and the Banjo Kazooi figure was supposed to be in-stock at my local GAME, but it must have sold out by the time i got there (which was about 30min after they opened), both are £8 though which is a surprise considering they've just released. The painting quality on Conker is...not good. The figure is overall not too bad but the gloves on all 4 figures i looked at all had the same problem of white paint ending up all around his weapons too.

For some reason some of the figures like Blue Eyes White Dragon and Spyro don't seem to be £8, while the others are.

I'm wondering, are these figures selling quite poorly? Were they just overstocked? Every Game I've been in to has had quite a few of most of them and they're more often than not still first edition. A few like Crash and the Sea of Thieves skeleton aren't first edition anymore, but then Forbidden Planet seems to have a few of the ones that originally sold-out at Game (like Kratos) still as first edition. It seems like the ones such as Sonic and Banjo Kazooie might sell out fast, but the Wipeout, Yu-gi-Oh, Lemmings, Horizon etc still seem really easy to find from the original run and don't seem to be selling even at £8 instead of £13, at least where I am.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So apparently Hitman, Gears of War, Conker, and Banjo are all showing up in US stores even though none of them were available to pre-order. Yet another mess up by this company. Now you're going to have to hope that your store actually gets them and as rare as these are I wouldn't be surprised if they don't send each store at least one. I called mine today and they said they got a Marcus Fenix in but haven't seen any of the others. You better call your stores.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
So apparently Hitman, Gears of War, Conker, and Banjo are all showing up in US stores even though none of them were available to pre-order. Yet another mess up by this company. Now you're going to have to hope that your store actually gets them and as rare as these are I wouldn't be surprised if they don't send each store at least one. I called mine today and they said they got a Marcus Fenix in but haven't seen any of the others. You better call your stores.

Good to note! Was just thinking about if Spyro was hitting NA stores yet. Banjo and Conker are a nice surprise though.

Totaku showing up unexpectedly > Totaku delayed to ??? And not showing up in NA