gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
Don't watch the trailer more than once. Don't become desensitized to this madness, or the thread will become a plague. A plague carried by CATS
tumblr-40b7a11d4727d6d4bd0686f21224ae8c-d7786d6c-640.jpg

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
You know, if I were to watch this trailer enough I could probably actually get past the visual stupidity of it, but . . .

However, I cannot abide James Corden and his presence actively repels me. No surprise he's playing the cat with probably the worst song in the show.

Even though I think it's a very weak musical, Betty Buckley in her prime could belt "Memory" like nobody's business (skip to 1:15 for the belt):

I'm surprised Jennifer Hudson's version seems so weak in the trailer, it's not like she doesn't have the range or power in her voice to do the same.

Last edited:

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I get it now, of course
It's a hugely dance focused show.

These are actually both true. What's not obvious, because it's only subtly hinted at through the text, is that it's actually also an adaptation of Shirley Jackson's The Lottery.
And of course, as Kirsten Schaal once demonstrated on the BBC (the public television station that, of course, Lord Lloyd Webber grew up with), there is a longstanding tradition of interpretive dance using animals to teach literature, civics, etc.

Macattk15

Nov 4, 2017
These are actually both true. What's not obvious, because it's only subtly hinted at through the text, is that it's actually also an adaptation of Shirley Jackson's The Lottery.
And of course, as Kirsten Schaal once demonstrated on the BBC (the public television station that, of course, Lord Lloyd Webber grew up with), there is a longstanding tradition of interpretive dance using animals to teach literature, civics, etc.

Boy, that video isn't funny at all.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
CGI is weird, but I can see it as the sort of thing you adjust to after a few minutes of the movie if you just run with it. It's no Avatar that's for sure.

I'm in it for Tom Hooper and the fact that I never saw a stage production of Cats. Looking forward to it actually!

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
The weird obsession people have with Taylor Swift is weird as hell to me. I don't know what it is, but I've seen people on Twitter and other forums just with Taylor Swift avatars, banners, signatures and of course always have a ton of gifs saved in folders.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I stand by my statement that main character cat and Taylor Swift cat look cute.

Except I don't know why they put high heels on a cat that is just weird man

Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
I think I want to see this for the same reason I want to see the Sonic movie: Just what the hell?

Though Taylor Swift as a cat appeals to me more than it logically should...

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Trailer views are lower than expected. Pretty sure Sonic had around 15 million versus Cats' 5 million at the same point in time.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
If Cats was an animated movie like what Spielberg wanted to do when he was attached to direct it, Enter The Spider-Verse style, could have been good.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
I keep watching the trailer and I have no idea why. It isn't good, I'm just so fascinated by the fact that this is a thing. I'm so lost...

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
lol holy shit that looks horrible. They have 5 months to improve that facial cgi or this will be the laughing stock movie of the year.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
I keep watching the trailer and I have no idea why. It isn't good, I'm just so fascinated by the fact that this is a thing. I'm so lost...
You know why.

1563572978922.gif

Replay it and paws ever so often to take it all in
Boo, you can do better than that.

edit: Has there been any talk from the filmmakers about them beefing up/changing the story in anyway? I mean there is no way they can keep it as slight as the original so I would assume the whole Macavity kidnaps Old Deuteronomy plot will become a more central conflict for the whole picture.

Last edited:

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
You know why.

1563572978922.gif

Boo, you can do better than that.

edit: Has there been any talk from the filmmakers about them beefing up/changing the story in anyway? I mean there is no way they can keep it as slight as the original so I would assume the whole Macavity kidnaps Old Deuteronomy plot will become a more central conflict for the whole picture.

Lol I'm gay but I'm very confused about the T-Swift cat. I can't wait to see the weird gifs that come out of this.