• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I've bought a lot of these comics like two or three times before in previous Humble Bundles but I'll probably get this one too.

What do people use to load them onto ipads? I think I used Chunky before but it still sucks downloading them from the app directly.

Oct 25, 2017
I've bought a lot of these comics like two or three times before in previous Humble Bundles but I'll probably get this one too.

What do people use to load them onto ipads? I think I used Chunky before but it still sucks downloading them from the app directly.

I use Chunky and iCloud drive. It's clunky, and a big reason I went back to Comixology, but I'll put up with it for this.

Downloading them via the Humble Bundle browser view is just crap. So whether you use Dropbox or Drive or what, I find just bacth downloading and renaming to be much better than that browser view.

Oct 25, 2017
I think you're right, I can't see it or the issues it comprises anywhere. None of them is crucial to the overarching plot as they're all one-shots focusing on individual characters, but half of them are written by James Roberts and unsurprisingly excellent.

I agree with ya, I just think they have 1 or 2 solid one shots in there and offer a smidge of character context.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Got any recs for reading order between Optimus, Lost Light and Till All Are One? I was going to just rotate between the three by just doing all Vol 1, then all Vol 2, etc. and obv Unicron being last.

I decided to post my entire reading order, updated with the Season 3 stuff, to have a single link I can send people who need it:

Season 1

The Death of Optimus Prime
More than Meets the Eye 1-22 (Vol. 1-5)
Robots in Disguise 1-22 (Vol. 1-5)
Spotlight #26 - Orion Pax
Spotlight #27 - Thundercracker
Spotlight #28 - Megatron
Spotlight #29 - Bumblebee
Spotlight #30 - Trailcutter
Spotlight #31 - Hoist
Dark Cybertron 1
Dark Cybertron 2 (More than Meets the Eye 23)
Dark Cybertron 3 (Robots in Disguise 23)
Dark Cybertron 4 (More than Meets the Eye 24)
Dark Cybertron 5 (Robots in Disguise 24)
Dark Cybertron 6 (More than Meets the Eye 25)
Dark Cybertron 7 (Robots in Disguise 25)
Dark Cybertron 8 (More than Meets the Eye 26)
Dark Cybertron 9 (Robots in Disguise 26)
Dark Cybertron 10 (More than Meets the Eye 27)
Dark Cybertron 11 (Robots in Disguise 27)
Dark Cybertron 12

Season 2

More than Meets the Eye 28-33
Robots in Disguise 28-32
Windblade Vol 1 1-4
Robots in Disguise 33-34
The Transformers (formerly known as Robots in Disguise) 35-39
More than Meets the Eye 34-40
Drift - Empire of Stone 1-4
Combiner Wars 1 (Windblade Vol. 2 #1)
Combiner Wars 2 (The Transformers 40)
Combiner Wars 3 (Windblade Vol. 2 #2)
Combiner Wars 4 (The Transformers 41)
Combiner Wars 5 (Windblade Vol. 2 #3)
Combiner Wars Epilogue (The Transformers 42)
Combiner Hunters
Combiner Wars Epilogue (Windblade Vol. 2 #4)
Windblade Vol 2 #5-#7
More Than Meets the Eye 41-49
The Transformers 43-44
Sins Of The Wreckers 1-5
The Transformers 45-49
Holiday Special 2015
More Than Meets the Eye 50-55
The Transformers 50-55

Season 3

Lost Light 01-07 (formerly More Than Meets The Eye)
Till All Are One 01-04
Titans Return
The Transformers 56-57
More Than Meets The Eye 56-57
Till All Are One 05-08
More Than Meets The Eye - Revolution
Optimus Prime 01-08
Transformers Annual 2017
Till All Are One 09-12
Till All Are One Annual 2017
Lost Light 08-12

At this point I simply stopped caring about anything that wasn't Lost Light, since Till All Are One ended, Optimus Prime was quite disappointing, , and the Massive Hasbro Toy Crossover (Revolution, etc.) being a complete shitshow.

Also do note that the block starting with the Titans Return one-shot and ending with Till All Are One 08 must be read in that precise order as it comprises a single story arc spread among the three collections (yeah). This means reading the two final MTMTE issues and the MTMTE Revolutions issue after the first few LL issues, but after a lot of juggling this is the only order I could come up with that preserves internal chronological order. Thanks Hasbro.

Last edited:

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Man I have no idea why the humble bundles are all different. I just realized that the last Transformers HB I bought, the GI Joe/Transformers one, has everything in the IDW collections instead of the individual tpbs. I guess that includes the spotlights that are missing from this particular sale, but I think someone said earlier that the collections aren't the best order to read them in?

Oct 25, 2017
Man I have no idea why the humble bundles are all different. I just realized that the last Transformers HB I bought, the GI Joe/Transformers one, has everything in the IDW collections instead of the individual tpbs. I guess that includes the spotlights that are missing from this particular sale, but I think someone said earlier that the collections aren't the best order to read them in?

That one is missing some items. The previous two have had some semblance of a complete run but this one right now is probably the best we'll get

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
That one is missing some items. The previous two have had some semblance of a complete run but this one right now is probably the best we'll get

It also finally dawned on me that the current bundle is also missing the Spotlights entirely, not just Dark Prelude. Although really I prefer having them individually to slot them into the reading order on my iPad properly. Still, a notable omission.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
MP BW Megs finally out. Anyone here bought him?

Masterpiece-MP-43-Megatron-11.jpeg

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Finally opened Siege Ultra Magnus. Cool figure, much more accurate to the original toy than the last one but also much much smaller. Like Shockwave, there's no way they could've sold the base toy as a deluxe or something because the transformation of just the inner white robot is trash. And unlike Shockwave, the armor itself can't even hold together as a trailer by itself.

But for most of us who will leave it in robot mode 90% of the time, it's fine.

I haven't read the comic but Optimus on the cover is clearly the Galaxy Convoy remold of this, down to the little clamps on the side of his legs.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Must be my lucky week, I found the wave 2 Siege deluxes at Walmart.

I left Chromia, because I have a feeling she'll be shelf warming a bit. Picked up Iron Hide, Six Gun, and Prowl, but only opened Ironhide.

Cool toy, but man I don't know how they could miss the fact that the side panels hanging off his leg just don't fit, at all. They will fall off no matter what you do, because the hole that it pegs into on the hinge is too small, and even the little peg that is supposed to keep it on the leg is off (at least on mine, only the left leg)

Oct 25, 2017
MP BW Megs finally out. Anyone here bought him?

Masterpiece-MP-43-Megatron-11.jpeg

Purchased, yes. Received, no. Not shipped yet but should be soon.
Got it for $230 usd from Amazon Japan. I should have it in about a week.
Even for that price that's already well outside my normal spending limit for this sort of thing but for this character, one of my favorite TFs of all time, I will make an exception.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Purchased, yes. Received, no. Not shipped yet but should be soon.
Got it for $230 usd from Amazon Japan. I should have it in about a week.
Even for that price that's already well outside my normal spending limit for this sort of thing but for this character, one of my favorite TFs of all time, I will make an exception.

Yeah, we all have that one character we'll make an exception for. Just make sure to treat it with care.

http://www.seibertron.com/transform...r-masterpiece-mp43-beast-wars-megatron/43157/

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, we all have that one character we'll make an exception for. Just make sure to treat it with care.

http://www.seibertron.com/transform...r-masterpiece-mp43-beast-wars-megatron/43157/

Definitely. I hear more and more about how easily Masterpiece Beast figures are damaged. Thin plastics, broken tabs, etc. I assumed Megatron would be no exception. Makes it hard to justify their extreme prices. Why make a transformer that everyone is too afraid to transform?

So I made this exception, but I skipped Dinobot for price/fragility reasons and plan to keep skipping any others that are this high in price. The cheaper ones I can deal with.

However a third party company is releasing a knockoff of Dinobot for a hundred bucks in a couple months and this company is known to make improvements to quality so I probably won't be able to resist that.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
For what it's worth my Dinobot is flawless and rock solid after numerous transformations. They're honestly not all that fragile, but people whose toys don't break don't yell about it online, so you don't get any balance to the people whose figures did break.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
For what it's worth my Dinobot is flawless and rock solid after numerous transformations. They're honestly not all that fragile, but people whose toys don't break don't yell about it online, so you don't get any balance to the people whose figures did break.

Mine is the same way. I was tepid with him at first after hearing of breakage, but he is still perfectly fine despite having been transformed quite often.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Even BBTS have him on sale, though for $30. Guess demand for this thing wasn't all there, which is kinda surprising for me. I know he's the second use of the mold but Overlord is pretty popular, right?

He's popular among a segment of the core fandom, but sometimes it's easy to forget that there's honestly not that many of us. And a lot of those people got high end third party versions of the character well before the Hasbro version made it to shelves.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Even BBTS have him on sale, though for $30. Guess demand for this thing wasn't all there, which is kinda surprising for me. I know he's the second use of the mold but Overlord is pretty popular, right?

I've never seen Overlord or the first use of the mold, Skyshadow, on the shelf at all. I just don't think he got out there.

Oct 26, 2017
Overlord is a favourite entirely because of LSOTW. He was a complete non-entity before that, only vaguely popular because his toy was huge and a very late, rare release (and didn't come out in the US?). Objectively, he's a brick with wings. Still got him, but yeah.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
My son is planning on staging a scene of Overlord killing the wreckers

My first reaction was "hopefully your son is old because I don't think I'd let a kid below 15 to read LSOTW". But I guess the characters being robots takes away some of the violence. I mean, if these were humans the comic would be gorier than Sin City. :D

sophora

Oct 29, 2017
I bought my Overlord last year during those crazy Ollies sales on Transformers, when they got TRU stock. I should of bit on Trypticon when I saw him there for $50 but passed, now regreting it but eyeing that BBTS one. Never had a Titan before and will want one to go against Omega Surpreme later this year :3

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
My first reaction was "hopefully your son is old because I don't think I'd let a kid below 15 to read LSOTW". But I guess the characters being robots takes away some of the violence. I mean, if these were humans the comic would be gorier than Sin City. :D

He's 10 and has been ready the transformer comics for awhile now

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
He's popular among a segment of the core fandom, but sometimes it's easy to forget that there's honestly not that many of us. And a lot of those people got high end third party versions of the character well before the Hasbro version made it to shelves.
Overlord is a favourite entirely because of LSOTW. He was a complete non-entity before that, only vaguely popular because his toy was huge and a very late, rare release (and didn't come out in the US?). Objectively, he's a brick with wings. Still got him, but yeah.

I thought he had decent popularity back in my TFW days but i guess like Mike said maybe the giant elusive figure played a role in that.
And yeah count me among the people who only really started caring for him due to his IDW appearance and got the MMC toy to rep him.

Robots, scratching animators itch for mutilation and carnage since the seventies.

Oct 25, 2017
Hasbro Pulse put up some more Spy Patrol stock if anyone is looking for them. No idea when they and Soundwave still say pre order though

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Picked up Siege Prowl and Ironhide for my kid today. Local wal-Mart had a shit ton toys. Like 5 ultra Magnus and Shockwave plus full shelves of everyone else

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I grabbed Ironhide for my son over the weekend. That's our second Siege toy after Prowl. I'm really impressed at how solid and substantial Siege has been so far. And the paint jobs are a huge bump up too. Also, the weapons are much fancier... Prowl's pistol and his grenade thing both have paint applications. And Ironhide's rifle that transforms into a war hammer is brilliant!

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Prowl is great, the video reviews didn't do it justice.

Ironhide is great in bot mode; his alt mode could have hidden his head, arms and feet better, but it's fine.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
My Walmart is usually a wasteland too but they got the latest siege deluxes in, so maybe there's hope? They even had G1 minibots. Marvel Legends was still crap though.

Oct 25, 2017
Hasbro strikes again with the Soundwave instruction manual. There is one section that is near impossible to make out what is moving.

Oct 25, 2017
I received my Masterpiece Beast Megatron earlier this week. I think it might be my favorite transformer I've ever owned.

It's the first of the Masterpiece line I've bought that when I took it out of the box I thought...damn this really is a fuckin masterpiece. I already have a few prior MP figures that are excellent representations of their characters and definitely above average transformers, but this one feels like the Hot Toys of transformers. In person it looks better than the pictures to me.

The one irritation I have with some (not all) MP figures is that the transformation is complicated as to not be fun anymore. It's hard to remember how to do them there are so many small finicky steps. But this one still remains fun. I never owned the original but I'm told the transformation is largely similar which is why it remains relatively simple. (the only scary part was pulling out the waist which was very tight but seems okay after the first time)

And both modes are beautiful. The paint is the best I've ever seen on a transformer.
The one thing about this figure is that apparently the waist plastic is very fragile and can be easily broken through normal handling. I've been extra careful with mine but if a third party ever makes a cheaper KO of it I'd pick it up to have one I can be a little rougher with.

All in all I do not regret the purchase one bit, but it helps I got it for more than a hundred dollars cheaper than they're normally charging in the states.
The whole Beast Wars MP series has been very impressive. I don't have Dinobot, though. Too much money.

6IjgOVu.jpg

(not my picture, taken by 9999eachhit@tfw05)

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
Picked up some siege figures and I have to say the extra paint a build quality pretty much justifies the price hike. Slightly. I'm impressed. I got Sideswipe and Cog, they're both fantastic. Turning Cog into a shit ton of weapons for Sideswipe is the coolest thing ever. I do have a question about Cog though, it seems his hips are one solid piece, so if you move one leg forward the other does too. Is it supposed to be like this? It's not a huge problem it just limits pose-ability a bit.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Picked up some siege figures and I have to say the extra paint a build quality pretty much justifies the price hike. Slightly. I'm impressed. I got Sideswipe and Cog, they're both fantastic. Turning Cog into a shit ton of weapons for Sideswipe is the coolest thing ever. I do have a question about Cog though, it seems his hips are one solid piece, so if you move one leg forward the other does too. Is it supposed to be like this? It's not a huge problem it just limits pose-ability a bit.

I don't have Cog, but watching EmGo's review, hips do seem to move independently? Unless you mean something different I'm not quite getting. :)

(at 7:25 if the link doesn't take you to it).