• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
Finished the game, had the day off and well... Not sure what happened with the time hah.

I enjoyed the game but think that it would have been much better if it was shorter because all levels feels way longer than they need to be. I could see myself play the levels more than once for a higher score if they were shorter with only the good parts. Because the gameplay, as someone put it, actually allows for you to improve and do different builds. So if the game was more about high scores and an online leaderboard I think it could have been a super cool experience going for the top.

Music and presentation was awesome as expected. I got the digital season pass bundle and really looking forward to the DLC, hopefully they can improve the lesser good parts with those.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Could someone please spoiler tag a vague answer to the following:

Is the big reveal dependant on having played the previous games?

Oct 25, 2017
Went to Target during lunch to pick up a copy, but they didn't have it. Ordered off Amazon, will get tomorrow.

How's the HD rumble, if any?

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Just picked this game up today and phew it feels so damn good to have Travis back! Still in the opening level though. Just beat the mid boss so I'm hoping it wraps up soon and I can try out the other games!

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just bought my game+season pass. Had 10 bucks in gold coins so only 30 smackers for me. So psyched to get home and check it.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
some spoiler stuff
Did he just casually say that he has a wife and kid ? I'm losing my mind over here

Went to Target during lunch to pick up a copy, but they didn't have it. Ordered off Amazon, will get tomorrow.

How's the HD rumble, if any?

There's rumble. It's fine but a bit too powerful.Q

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
jesus, the suda fan in my is SCREAMING since the end of the first game. Suda has been dropping bombshells after bombshells

OP
OP
NotLiquid

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
some spoiler stuff
Did he just casually say that he has a wife and kid ? I'm losing my mind over here

Yeah, it's easy to miss this because for whatever reason Electro Thunder Tiger II doesn't show its opening cinematic unless you idle on the title screen (and most players likely won't think to exit the game and check the archive entry for the game which also lists details about the protagonist). Nonetheless, several of the bosses end up having some surprising pathos or some kind of plot relevancy.

EDIT: unless you were talking about Travis in which case yeah hot damn that's a revelation

Last edited:

Deleted member 34197

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 23, 2017
this game is not fun to play, at least for me. level design has always being the weakest part of no more heroes but at the least in those games I remember the levels being short. in this one not only they are overly long, they also added terrible gimmicks that makes them a pain to play.
it should've been a collection of mini-games for real, lmao.

Last edited:

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, Floor Kids and Dandara got a shirt. Did not expect those deep cut indie games to make it in. There's a lot of good indie shoutouts here.

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still on the fence about this. I love No More Heroes but I'm not sure if I'm sold yet with the mixed reviews. On the plus side, I can get a physical from Best Buy with GCU for $30.99. But i'm not sure if i'll play this or not.

Oct 25, 2017
La Résistance Country
Dang looks like it's sold-out online at most major Canadian outlets (EB, BB, Amazon). My pre-order copy is waiting for me and I was on the fence to be honest, but impressions in this thread make me reconsider it. I'll probably go pick it up tomorrow.

OP
OP
NotLiquid

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit. Fourth boss is the real deal.

He managed to stunlock me into his poison mist and shave off about 50% of my health while I was downed. Smoking King doesn't fuck around.

Level 4 in general is probably where the difficulty ramps up big time. First time I got a C rank.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I love how nonsencial this game is. Beat the first stage and saw Travis quip about how the boss was a childhood heros of his. And how sad and empty it makes Travis feel having killed him. Then if you read the archives you find out the game Travis is talking about a game out 3 years ago lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Can you always go back to the trailer and return to the last save or do you have to quit the whole game?

edit: I love the "TV"-effect. The same effect is in Killer7 (save rooms/ character switching).
edit2: You can return to the last save, awesome!

Last edited:

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Jeane went from adorable house cat to:

JEQkq7N.gif

Oct 25, 2017
I love how nonsencial this game is. Beat the first stage and saw Travis quip about how the boss was a childhood heros of his. And how sad and empty it makes Travis feel having killed him. Then if you read the archives you find out the game Travis is talking about a game out 3 years ago lol.
Hmm. The first game came out long before in the arcade, the sequel is for the Death Drive II as well as the other unreleased games, and all have commonalities and unstated purpose. Hint: Travis.

OP
OP
NotLiquid

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit. I just figured out what makes Shining Chip so good.

I was under the impression that it's supposed to be treated as a shotgun, but if you hold it while using it, it's basically a gravity gun. You can then use it to fling enemies into other enemies for more damage.

This thing is AWESOME.

Last edited:

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
I love Suda but please talk to me about the game. Make me go buy it tomorrow, the reviews are so divisive that I don't know what to do anymore.

OP
OP
NotLiquid

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I love Suda but please talk to me about the game. Make me go buy it tomorrow, the reviews are so divisive that I don't know what to do anymore.
The game is fun (though occasionally repetitive), and Suda's isms are on overdrive. At worst it's serviceable. It's also only $30 ($40 if you go physical), so you don't have much to lose.

G.O.O.

Oct 26, 2017
Just for confirmation : the ramen shop doesn't double as a save spot, right ? Only the bathroom can save ?

Also I haven't played the silver case, and my FSR memories aren't exactly fresh either. Will I miss a lot ?

--R

Oct 25, 2017
The game is fun (though occasionally repetitive), and Suda's isms are on overdrive. At worst it's serviceable. It's also only $30 ($40 if you go physical), so you don't have much to lose.
Gameplay is repetitive but not easy (except when you play on easy, lol)...just like in (almost) every Suda game. Everything else is SUDA51.

I don't mind repetition (musou games are one of my favourite genre after all) so it sounds good to me. I'll pick it up tomorrow then, thanks for the help!

Kaizer

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Bought this on a whim off the eShop after seeing some good impressions in here. Played about an hour earlier & really enjoying it so far - definitely still has that distinct No More Heroes vibe to it.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Went out and found a copy in stores this afternoon and played a little bit.

First impressions are very positive. I love that the combat feels as satisfying as ever despite being a different kind of game.

OP
OP
NotLiquid

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Uhhhh did they just throw shade at John Riccitiello? LMAO

Just for confirmation : the ramen shop doesn't double as a save spot, right ? Only the bathroom can save ?

Also I haven't played the silver case, and my FSR memories aren't exactly fresh either. Will I miss a lot ?
Yeah, only bathrooms save.

Also, the story stands well enough on its own. Think of it as how you don't really "need" to watch every MCU movie to watch an Avengers movie, it just makes you feel more rewarded for having done so. I'm sure you'll be familiar with some stuff if you have any knowledge about the games.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind repetition (musou games are one of my favourite genre after all) so it sounds good to me. I'll pick it up tomorrow then, thanks for the help!
did you play NMH 1+2? Or Killer7? I'm pretty sure you can have fun with this game without playing his older games but there are so many references...

I acutally don't understand Jim Sterling btw. He said he loves NMH 1+2 but he hates this game....I can#t understand this. Opinions...I know but a Suda game is a Suda game. NMH 1+2 are just as repetitive as TSA. And this is definitely a NMH game.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it me or does the
mass murderer image in the Life is Destroy archive look like Bennedict Cumberatch's Sherlock Holmes (minus the hat)?

--R

Oct 25, 2017
did you play NMH 1+2? Or Killer7? I'm pretty sure you can have fun with this game without playing his older games but there are so many references...

I acutally don't understand Jim Sterling btw. He said he loves NMH 1+2 but he hates this game....I can#t understand this. Opinions...I know but a Suda game is a Suda game. NMH 1+2 are just as repetitive as TSA. And this is definitely a NMH game.

I've played everything from Suda except Lollipop Chainsaw and that baseball game on Kinect.

Oct 25, 2017
I've played everything from Suda except Lollipop Chainsaw and that baseball game on Kinect.
What the hell is this, lol.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're going to enjoy this game. Combat is simple but not easy, the presentation is amazing (just like every other Suda game) and the soundtrack is great. Oh and I hope you like to read because there is a lot of reading in this game ;)

OP
OP
NotLiquid

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
WHAT THE FUCK

(Game 6 SPOILERS SPOILERS)

SHADOWS OF THE DAMNED?!

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
What the hell it this, lol.
Diabolical Pitch, a game where you gotta throw baseballs using motion controls to defeat zombies.

....I completely forgot this existed.

So maybe it's because I'm using the pro controller, but having to click the analog stick then move the right analog stick left & right feels kinda weird. Shaking the controller is a bit better, but having to do so while still holding down the analog stick still feels a bit off.