• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1378

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
I've searched both "Treasure" and "Maegawa", and the only other thread doesn't have this information. I feel this is big enough for its own thread. If mods think otherwise, please feel free to merge it with the Camelot thread.

https://twitter.com/zen_nif/status/923879564593446912

前川社長「ウチはソーシャルは一生やりません」
観衆「ええっ!?」
前川社長「来年は細々と何か出すのでよろしくお願いします」
#ゲームビジネスアーカイブ

https://twitter.com/gosokkyu/status/924132491350306816

Treasure president Maegawa: "I'll never work on social games for as long as I live! I'll have something to share next year"

C'mon, Sin and Punishment Switch!

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
I REFUSE TO BELIEVE

I REFUSE TO HAVE HOPE

TREASURE IS DEAD.

Gunstar Heroes 2 to show those young bucks at MDHR how it's done

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Their last localized game was over 6 years ago, and their last release in general was over 3 years ago. Really excited to see what they've been working on.
I honestly don't understand how they've managed to keep going all this time, in the last decade they've put out a handful of games of which none seem likely to have been decent earners, and as you say nothing since 2014.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Hey, Cuphead has made fast arcadey games with a hundred insane bosses cool again, the time is ripe!

I would say the same to Konami, but that's Konami so...

OP
OP

Deleted member 1378

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't understand how they've managed to keep going all this time, in the last decade they've put out a handful of games of which none seem likely to have been decent earners, and as you say nothing since 2014.

I'd have to think they have other jobs (they're a small company of 25-30) to stay open for so long without even releasing ports outside of the 2014 Ikaruga port? Either that or their back catalogue keeps them afloat

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Oh God plaase let Treasure be alive and working on something worthy of their name.

Fucking goats

boxfactory

Oct 27, 2017
I thought most of the talent left the company. I would like to see a revival, but I'm not hopeful.

Emka

Oct 27, 2017
So Treasure is not dead. Hype.

The last thing they did was the steam port of Ikaruga in 2014 right? Could be another steam port.

Deleted member 19761

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Loved S&P on the Wii. I believe in these guys and respect their dedication to core gaming, they really understand how to convey a responsive, arcadey feeling.

Oct 26, 2017
Isn't Treasure literally just him? Where have the rest been scattered to? I remember the creator of Ikaruga joined/worked with G-Rev to direct Kokuga on 3DS.

Otherist

Oct 27, 2017
England
I think hoping for Switch & Punishment is unrealistic at this stage. It'll probably be something a lot smaller if the studio has been as dead as it's looked lately, however I dearly hope they get their momentum back since now would be the perfect time.

Chocobo115

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Wait, is this the same company that made Light Crusader?

For the longest time I thought there were one company called "Treasure" that died with the sega mega drive/Genesis or Saturn. And that another company picked up the same name like 10-15 years later.

Learnt something new today.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
I think hoping for Switch & Punishment is unrealistic at this stage. It'll probably be something a lot smaller if the studio has been as dead as it's looked lately, however I dearly hope they get their momentum back since now would be the perfect time.
I think most woul be content with a Mania-esque sequel/ remake to Gunstar Heroes.

I believe it is their most famous work with nostalgia attached to it. If I were them, I would make something Like that to get back in the game.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't Treasure literally just him? Where have the rest been scattered to? I remember the creator of Ikaruga joined/worked with G-Rev to direct Kokuga on 3DS.
I thought the same. I think M2 has a lot of ex Treasure staff too.

There are a few things I want more than a Treasure great come back though :(

Alien Soldier 2 please!!

Wislizeni

Oct 27, 2017
It's good to hear something from them. I remember rumors that they quietly shut down. Didn't believe it at all, but it's good to hear it from the source. Can't wait to see what Treasure comes up with next!

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
It's been so long I haven't heard of them, makes me wonder how many devs they still have in-house. I would be super hyped for a Sin&Punishement 3. Part 2 on Wii had insane levels.

Needham

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the same. I think M2 has a lot of ex Treasure staff too.

There are a few things I want more than a Treasure great come back though :(

Alien Soldier 2 please!!
The dude who made Alien Soldier has been gone for a long time though. Pretty much since he directed the equally as awesome Sin and Punishment. No clue what he's been doing since he left.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
I really hope that Nintendo hires them again.
Some of their best games were there, and they have a good working relationship. Unfortunately it seems they don't have much hopes for anything else than work for hire :/

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If social games are very profitable, then by all means make a couple to give your company some stability. Use the cash to bankroll other creative ventures.

Dambrosi

Oct 25, 2017
As long as it's on Switch, PS4 or PC, I trust Treasure to come through with the goods.

That said, a new Alien Soldier might hit the spot, so to speak.

If social games are very profitable, then by all means make a couple to give your company some stability. Use the cash to bankroll other creative ventures.
I mean, even Nintendo themselves do this these days.