• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in awe too.
Imagine being so braindead that you actually buy that shit…

It's so wild because conservatives believe everyone left of them is part of some massive coordinated effort to take over the world while worshiping people like Obama, Clinton, and Biden. when really we just barely tolerate them and have a coalition so weak that it includes actual conservatives who routinely stifle any progressive efforts.

Meanwhile, they'd pay to drink a authoritarian billionaires bathwater if given the opportunity, and get all of their "news" from a network that argued in court that reasonable people wouldn't believe their shit.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
Can't believe there's a whole store just selling Trump garbage.

I also question the owner's claim that anyone was shopping in the store. showmethereceipts.gif
If there's one thing that I will begrudgingly acknowledge Trump at being good at, its turning himself into "the brand". He's far more successful at making himself a media gadfly and playing up his own supposed inherent virtue to a complicit media than he is at any sort of practical or substantive business practices.

And while cult of personality has certainly existed in American politics before Trump, no one had effectively weaponized it to such an extent before his administration.

TrubbleFrog

Feb 23, 2018
What a nut. Lock em up

30 men were in uhaul a week ago ready to murder a pride parade. They are gonna kill us wether we drive through stores or not.

Anyone tut tuting this is going to keeping doing so until they have a gun on their head going "i wish there was something we could have done"

Seriously? You'd condone this? You think terrorism is the right move?

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing that most ITT are immediately following the OP's leading thread title and the fact that the Jetta had an anti-Trump sticker (clutches pearls!) and concluding that the person driving the car crashed into the shop intentionally instead of, as one poster noted, that the shop faces oncoming traffic in a busy intersection and perhaps it was just a regular old accident.

Oct 25, 2017
The Cyclone State
Amazing that most ITT are immediately following the OP's leading thread title and the fact that the Jetta had an anti-Trump sticker (clutches pearls!) and concluding that the person driving the car crashed into the shop intentionally instead of, as one poster noted, that the shop faces oncoming traffic in a busy intersection and perhaps it was just a regular old accident.
I assume most of us want to believe someone catapulted their car into a shithole like a Trump store on purpose.

OP
OP
Sanjuro

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
It's a silly thread with a silly title. Just to clarify, it's not on an intersection, it's alongside a popular route. The vehicle would have had to drift to the right, entering the plaza's parking lot, and then make a straight shot to the entrance.

9z7D9eq.jpg

It's either intentional, not, or fraud. I wish the inflatable Trump was in front though...

LogicAirForce

Oct 25, 2017
User banned (1 month): justifying terrorism
eh, the people who shop there want people like me dead so miss me with the "this is not the way" pearl clutching nonsense.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
It's a silly thread with a silly title. Just to clarify, it's not on an intersection, it's alongside a popular route. The vehicle would have had to drift to the right, entering the plaza's parking lot, and then make a straight shot to the entrance.

9z7D9eq.jpg

It's either intentional, not, or fraud. I wish the inflatable Trump was in front though...

Fair enough, that does a bit harder to be a road accident unless the guy was getting a blowjob in the parking lot and accidentally pressed the gas pedal

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
Doing stuff like this just make you a criminal that could have killed people

Of course there is something stupid about how the usual people will claim "look, liberals are trying to kill us" despite that shit with the 31 armed men that were arrested happening some days ago who they are defending

Or you know some of them actually claiming wanting LGBT people dead

meowdi gras

Banned
Feb 24, 2018
Any guesses as to which GOP politician will, irrespective of the discovered cause, cite this incident on Twitter in or some speech somewhere as an example of lEfTiSt TeRrOrIsM? Ted Cruz? Paul Gosar? Marjorie Greene?

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
User banned (1 month): justifying terrorism
At this point terrorism is a valid form of political activism in the US.
The RIght engaged in it and is being rewarded for it so no real point to leave it off the table.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
At this point terrorism is a valid form of political activism in the US.
The RIght engaged in it and is being rewarded for it so no real point to leave it off the table.
WTF is this?
Are you really justifying actual terrorism because you don't like anyone that was in that shop for whatever reason?
This is so fucked up and no, this isn't the solution at all, it's the contrary.

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
Not only are there trump stores in a bunch of cities... there are often trump booths at those pop-up farmers market events (like in parking lots and stuff, where you can buy fresh honey). Hell, I went into a consignment store a couple weeks back, and one section was full of wood signs and stuff like that. There were a bunch of "Let's go brandon!" and other pro-trump junk there. On FB, last Christmas, I saw folks trying to sell "I survived the plandemic" ornaments.

Best yet is the fact that in a town awhile outside of Houston, there's a Trump Burger restaurant.

Pathetic and weird.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Yeah ... how about we don't justify terrorism because of who is on the receiving end.
WTF is this?
Are you really justifying actual terrorism because you don't like anyone that was in that shop for whatever reason?
This is so fucked up and no, this isn't the solution at all, it's the contrary.
I probably like it even less than you do because I'm one of their targets but I do recognize what's happening.
They've been justifying and excusing terrorism for quite some time now.
They're even supposed to get their biggest victory this month after decades of killing doctors too.
It doesn't feel like terrorism is not a valid for of protest at all.

Zombegoast

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
User banned (1 month): inflammatory comparisons
Abolitionist where seen as terrorist like John Brown.

I'm just leaving that there because sooner or later, shit is going to hit the fan if you like it or not

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Abolitionist where seen as terrorist like John Brown.

I'm just leaving that there because sooner or later, shit is going to hit the fan if you like it or not
All while literal bombing of black neighborhoods was seen as good policing.
I've yet to see that kind of terrorism get any push back by the American public at large, if anything ridiculing them really did them more damage than showing the damage their terrorism did.

Status
Not open for further replies.