• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019
No one knows and it doesn't matter. It's absurd to claim that following a former president on a social media platform could be disqualifying
... But it's his social media platform. That he started and encouraged people to join when he was thrown off everything else. A year after his presidency ended and he was no longer president.

What possible need would one have?

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
"Chilly Donnie, I call him. Chilly Donnie!"

f433Osd.png

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
... But it's his social media platform. That he started and encouraged people to join when he was thrown off everything else. A year after his presidency ended and he was no longer president.

What possible need would one have?
Because you want to see what he has to say for one of a million reasonable reasons. Signing up for a social media platform is not an endorsement of anything, it's a means to an end. Are we going to be claiming that we should strike jurors for signing up for a newsletter?

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019
Because he's been the Republican frontrunner for president since 2020? Folks come on. Simmer down.
All I'm saying is, for a process in which you are excused for having a years-old social media post celebrating a democrat winning the presidency, a process which secured a bunch of jurors in less than two days even with those tight standards, we could stand to show even the tiniest bit more scrutiny.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
All I'm saying is, for a process in which you are excused for having a years-old social media post celebrating a democrat winning the presidency, a process which secured a bunch of jurors in less than two days even with those tight standards, we could stand to show even the tiniest bit more scrutiny.

We don't have any fulcrum for scrutiny. The attorneys will handle that. If we fret over every juror for something that is completely out of the expertise of most people here when the actual lawyer here tells us it's not a big deal, then it's just stressing for the sake of it. I mean you can do it if you want, but for the mental health of everyone else maybe let's not make a case out of something we don't know anything about.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
It is incredibly easy and quick to set up an account on a website because you're curious one day. I'm far less interested in the existence of an account versus the content on it. If there was something obviously concerning, I'd hope the prosecution would've brought it up. On the other hand, I hate the idea that if I get on a jury I would have to share all my posts on every website over the years. Fuck that.

Maynerd

Oct 27, 2017
Redmond, WA
We don't have any fulcrum for scrutiny. The attorneys will handle that. If we fret over every juror for something that is completely out of the expertise of most people here when the actual lawyer here tells us it's not a big deal, then it's just stressing for the sake of it. I mean you can do it if you want, but for the mental health of everyone else maybe let's not make a case out of something we don't know anything about.

For all we know the person is on truth social trolling on maga fools

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth

12 jurors — including 3 finance guys and a woman whose friend is a convicted fraudster — have been chosen for Trump's Manhattan criminal trial

Twelve of Donald Trump's peers — seven men and five women — have been chosen to decide the first-ever criminal trial of a former US president.

The jurors hail from throughout Manhattan. A majority have white-collar careers.
Three jurors, all of them men, have careers in finance. Two jurors, both men, are practicing attorneys. Another two, both women, are health workers.
Trump's lawyers questioned the jurors about their feelings about the former president. One woman — who said her apartment was robbed before and has a "close friend" who was convicted of financial fraud — said she didn't like Trump's "persona."

She said Trump was "very selfish and self-serving" and "not my cup of tea."
There's a man who said he knew "little" about Trump's criminal cases and got his news from The New York Times, the Daily Mail, Fox News, and MSNBC.
Another is a young Black woman who said that her friends carried strong opinions about Trump but that she was "not a political person" and appreciated that he "speaks his mind."

"I would rather that in a person than someone who's in office and you don't know what they're doing behind the scenes," the woman said.

www.businessinsider.com

12 jurors — including 3 finance guys and a woman whose friend is a convicted fraudster — have been chosen for Trump's Manhattan criminal trial

Some of the people selected to serve on Trump's jury are super-boring finance guys. Others defy stereotypes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
phisheep

phisheep

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
Oct 26, 2017
Day 4. With only a little luck we should get the rest of the jury seated today, though it remains to be seen what muck the Trumpsters have dug up on the ones already seated yesterday.

But first up we get the Sandoval hearing, where we find out which of Trump's previous nefarious misdeeds will be allowed in as impeachment evidence.

Hmm, maybe not.

Last edited:

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017

"There's a man who said he knew "little" about Trump's criminal cases and got his news from The New York Times, the Daily Mail, Fox News, and MSNBC."

Woooof. But that said, "jury of their peers" etc.

mgfanjay

Apr 9, 2022

blackhawk163

Oct 28, 2017
Omg what a freaking baby! I literally laughed out loud at his whining. I wish I could watch (along with the whole world).

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I'm not as old as Trump, and where I grew up didn't get quite as cold as NYC in the winter, but I've heard what you can do to combat the cold is wear more layers. Perhaps this Trump guy is not very smart.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
It's so nice to see things moving forward. This judge certainly knows about Trump's BS and how to handle it. As he should, given some of his past cases.

I dread the grueling things that will happen when (if) a certain Florida judge gets to the point of jury selection.

I'm not as old as Trump, and where I grew up didn't get quite as cold as NYC in the winter, but I've heard what you can do to combat the cold is wear more layers. Perhaps this Trump guy is not very smart.

More lawyers? I have tremendous lawyers. I have the best lawyers. Some say I have the best lawyers, maybe ever. It's incredible how bad they treat me with my lawyers. It's so cold even with all my lawyers. A secret service general came to me, big man, huge man, with tears in his eyes, saying how sorry they are about my cold lawyers. I have the worst lawyers, nobody ever had to deal with lawyers like that. Sad!

... sorry, I'm not good at Trump speak. He's probably missing his top lawyer Habba keeping him warm. Now I'm going to throw up.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017

Donald Trump has closed his eyes a number of times for short periods while seated at the defense table as prospective jurors respond to the judge's questionnaire. At one point, his attorney Todd Blanche passed him a container of something edible and Trump put something in his mouth and began chewing it. The former president now appears awake and alert.
lmao please let there be a sketch of baby trump being fed

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017

Donald Trump has closed his eyes a number of times for short periods while seated at the defense table as prospective jurors respond to the judge's questionnaire. At one point, his attorney Todd Blanche passed him a container of something edible and Trump put something in his mouth and began chewing it. The former president now appears awake and alert.

Lawyers should side-gig as a daycare.

Donald Slump is an amazing name.

Lmo2017

Oct 25, 2017
To the east of Parts Unknown...
onald Trump has closed his eyes a number of times for short periods while seated at the defense table as prospective jurors respond to the judge's questionnaire. At one point, his attorney Todd Blanche passed him a container of something edible and Trump put something in his mouth and began chewing it. The former president now appears awake and alert.

Applesauce laced with Adderall.