• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
phisheep

phisheep

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
Oct 26, 2017
You would think they would have to know already do to disclosure rules.

I think they have handed over a big list of who might be called, but have declined to tell defense in advance which ones will come in what order - so as to limit the risk to the witnesses of Trump blasting stuff out.

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Defense still want notice of prosecution witnesses. DA concedes he will tell them one witness name Sunday evening - but if that gets tweeted out, they're never getting advance notice of any others.
They're already doing a great job of boxing him in early. It's really fascinating to see. Trump likes to act smart and many steps ahead but he isn't and it shows more and more when he's forced up against people who are.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
As I said before, Trump's narcissistic personality disorder clashing with the reality of actually being on trial for criminal charges and his usual moves of gumming up the proceeding, people being candid about their opinion of him and no easy way out of sitting there not doing safe space rallies will be something. Either he will completely dettach from reality or melt down. Maybe literally.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
This guy is a court troll at this point. But the delay tactics have worked very well outside of this trial.

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017

6e0d9a42-0fb3-4305-a970-4bdb59f22e21_text.gif

Wanace

Oct 29, 2017
That's for the reasons of justice, asshole.

Whatever the verdict, he's suffering, and he's off the campaign trail. It's a win.

kingslunk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If Trump gets elected he'll go after this judge for sure. Actually scary how vindictive he'll be if he gets reelected.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
"Why is he rushing this trial? My guilt should be a complete unknown until after the election. Sad."

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
If Trump gets elected he'll go after this judge for sure. Actually scary how vindictive he'll be if he gets reelected.
Technically can't. State judge. Only a NYS can remove him. That's not happening.

He can do other things, tho. And his rabid fanbase is also nuts, including the NYPD.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I mean he will since that's kind of what a lot of the arguing over his past court cases was about; how they can use them to show he's not a credible witness.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Given that his previous (E Jean Carroll) trial had weeks of the judge warning his lawyers that he'd best stay on topic if called to testify, I'm guessing this isn't going to happen.

Dude won't be able to stop threatening everyone in the courtroom like Freddy Quimby.

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
There's no chance he'll testify. It's 100% bloviating bullshit for idiots that follow him. He says it every time and never does. I'd love him to go ahead and dig a bigger hole tho

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
"That's for his reasons, not for my reasons."

Nobody gives a fuck about "your reasons" or your preference for timing during a criminal trial, dipshit. These trials are the first time in his life* that he's not the one in control of his situation and it seems clear he has no way to mentally deal with that.

(Second time in his life if you count his 1 on 1 summit with Putin back in 2017 or whenever that happened)