• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
He's also being asked to defend stuff that no lawyer would ever have to defend outside of family court. Gag orders aren't nearly as common as they are on soap operas and nighttime law TV shows, and people that are subject to them 99.9999% comply with them because they don't want to deal with the consequences.

Trump's actions show that he knows the court is uneasy about instituting harsh punishments here. I mean, even the logistics of jailing him for the night are nightmarish. What does Secret Service do? There is no process here for this.
They sit outside the jail cell and make sure he's fine, seems pretty easy to me.

Wanace

Oct 29, 2017
Don't rule now, give him the rope to hang himself between now and this afternoon when the judge rules, if he violates the order again between now and then he will be assured contempt

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
"Next time you're totally going to get punished Trump!"
*Additional thousand dollar fine*

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
For being upset at the very notion that there are two systems of justice in the country, the courts and possibly this judge, are doing a good job of reinforcing that as truth
(Posting this in the hopes I'm eating crow in a couple of hours)

Vash

Oct 28, 2017
He posted this while still in the contempt hearing, or at least very shortly after...

bafkreiduhest54bmlg4q4kvn32jj2ebbipmjz3aok2c4q2e3rinckjnfgy@jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
[

No one wants to be the first to jail an ex president that also commands legions of violent nutbars and loyalists
I remember also reading that if does gets held in contempt he can appeal and drag this whole thing out longer. No clue how true that actually is. Also, he keeps posting that he might be going to jail almost like he wants to be some kind of martyr (in his head) to rile up his weirdo MAGA cult.

Vash

Oct 28, 2017
I remember also reading that if does gets held in contempt he can appeal and drag this whole thing out longer. No clue how true that actually is. Also, he keeps posting that he might be going to jail almost like he wants to be some kind of martyr (in his head) to rile up his weirdo MAGA cult.

He does, because he thinks it will lead to mass protests and MAGA chuds will come out of the woodworks to try and free him and everything. But I am sure that even if they arrest him and parade him through the streets in cuffs nothing will actually happen in real life. Just FOX News going all berserk on it, and that's it.

Honestly, I hope he will see how little will actually come to pass, and perhaps hurt his ego a ton more.

Oct 25, 2017
He does, because he thinks it will lead to mass protests and MAGA chuds will come out of the woodworks to try and free him and everything. But I am sure that even if they arrest him and parade him through the streets in cuffs nothing will actually happen in real life. Just FOX News going all berserk on it, and that's it.

Honestly, I hope he will see how little will actually come to pass, and perhaps hurt his ego a ton more.
I can't picture the MAGA crowd protesting in NYC...they are too scared of that place.

Runner

Nov 1, 2017
i hate this line of reasoning because, like, anything he does can rile up his weirdo maga cult. he's already got that turned up to 110% there's nowhere to go.

OP
OP
phisheep

phisheep

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
Oct 26, 2017
Dang why is it so slow today with the news? And why is court ending early this time?

News slow because there have been interruptions in the twitter/internet feed from the courtroom. Also Pecker's testimony not v. interesting.

Early finish for 2nd day of Passover. No court at all Monday for same reason, but then schedule will be full days.

OP
OP
phisheep

phisheep

Oct 26, 2017
Steinglass (for DA) laying the ground for an underlying conspiracy crime.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
The judge really needs to ask the secret service to come up with a detention plan if needed. There's a chance that they could do some option other than jail like home arrest.
Just asking the Secret Service to draft a plan in case he needs to spend a couple of days in jail might actually scare the asshole enough for him to cut it out.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Can't recall if it was CNN or MSNBC but I was watching the other day and there was a retired judge that said if it were her and Trump was repeatedly disruptive in the courtroom, intimidating witnesses, jury etc, she'd take Trump out and have him watch from another room (legally he's still there in a criminal case). Hopefully Merchan takes that option if it comes to it.

LetsEatSnacks

Oct 18, 2020
United States
Can't recall if it was CNN or MSNBC but I was watching the other day and there was a retired judge that said if it were her and Trump was repeatedly disruptive in the courtroom, intimidating witnesses, jury etc, she'd take Trump out and have him watch from another room (legally he's still there in a criminal case). Hopefully Merchan takes that option if it comes to it.
Honestly, I want him to stay and continue to dig his own grave because he can't keep his mouth shut.

OP
OP
phisheep

phisheep

Oct 26, 2017
We just got on to Karen McDougal, and the jury is dismissed for the day.

OP
OP
phisheep

phisheep

Oct 26, 2017
I guess that Judge Merchan wants to be sure he has a rock-solid written ruling on the gag order breach, rather than rule from the bench.