Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I hope they gag him for real, crazy he can keep making threats both personal violence and insurrection day after day.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
He's backed out so many times I doubt this actually happens, but if it does I hope it serves to incriminate him for future criminal proceedings.

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States

giphy.gif

OP
OP
phisheep

phisheep

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
Oct 26, 2017

Trump's lawyers claim that Judge Engoron has approved this stunt.

It's a sneaky move by Trump, as the plaintiffs can't conduct a cross examination on closing arguments. But I think they are missing the fact that in a non-jury trial like this, the judge can - and this judge probably will - ask questions instead.

Definitely popcorn at the ready for tomorrow. It's our last chance to follow Judge Engoron in full flow.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
Good grief, that's going to be a shit show. But he's probably going to bail out again like a scaredy chicken.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Trump probably doesn't think he can convince the judge, he just wants the chance to pontificate for his base. So he probably won't chicken out. It'll just turn into a rally, till the judge shuts him down.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
This definitely has the feel of him basically wanting to do what he was originally gonna do during testimony, i.e. try and get an uninterrupted forum to list off his bullshit excuses again and assume that no one can interrupt or cross-examine him this time around. I halfway expect to see the return of the infamous piece of paper he was going to try and read to Engoron weeks ago, even if it's mostly just "look no one lost money, and I have this clause that says they should do their own diligence, and I'm way ahead in the polls so this case is all a political hit-job" and all the other shit he keeps baselessly repeating.

I wonder if a judge is allowed to forcibly conclude a closing argument if it feels too irrelevant to the facts of the case at hand.

BradyTheGOAT

Banned
Aug 25, 2023
This definitely has the feel of him basically wanting to do what he was originally gonna do during testimony, i.e. try and get an uninterrupted forum to list off his bullshit excuses again and assume that no one can interrupt or cross-examine him this time around. I halfway expect to see the return of the infamous piece of paper he was going to try and read to Engoron weeks ago, even if it's mostly just "look no one lost money, and I have this clause that says they should do their own diligence, and I'm way ahead in the polls so this case is all a political hit-job" and all the other shit he keeps baselessly repeating.

I wonder if a judge is allowed to forcibly conclude a closing argument if it feels too irrelevant to the facts of the case at hand.

There's no jury and this is not televised. He can rant as long as he wants who cares.

OP
OP
phisheep

phisheep

Oct 26, 2017
There was a media application to broadcast the closing arguments. That was on 4 Jan, but I've seen no ruling on it yet.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Going to assume it was rescinded cause Trump's refusal to stay on topic- aka only talk about things in the trial-not full-blown campaign speech.

You know as well as I do he was going to take time in this trial to say Mar-A-Lago would be worth "50 to 100 times more" than what they already proved in court. The entire time here he's more mad that the assets aren't as big as he likes to say more than anything else.

No point in having him do an audiobook version of one of his Truth Social posts.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
why does kise write like a zoomer

Edit: Oh, he put on his big boy pants to report the passing of Mrs Trump's mother. Sad!

ivantod

Oct 27, 2017
No need to assume. The entire email chain has been put on the docket here. Well worth a read!
This is incredible! I also love how in his penultimate email Kise tries to sneak in a "President Trump will be speaking tomorrow", but without specifically mentioning that he's agreed to the restrictions imposed by the judge. Do they think the judge is a moron? Also, what kind of disrespect is this that he just writes all in lowercase? Have some class you asshole.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
"Despite the fact that his mother-in-law, who he was very close to, passed away late last night, President Trump will be speaking tomorrow"

Court: "That is very sad, but we have to get over it!"

OP
OP
phisheep

phisheep

Oct 26, 2017
Also in that email chain (5 Jan) is confirmation of tomorrow's schedule. Looks like court opens at 10:00 as usual and then

defense closing 10:15-12:45
state closing 2:15-4:30

(each with a 15-minute break)

OP
OP
phisheep

phisheep

Oct 26, 2017
I fully expect that the first 15 minutes of tomorrow will be taken up by Kise moaning about this.