Oct 25, 2017
I know it aired last year, but The Sinner S2 just dropped on Netflix yesterday. Almost done with it - it's just as good as S1, maybe even better, but I also just really dig the subject matter in this season.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Archer wrapped up its 10th season last night. I thought overall the season was an improvement over Danger Island, and the upcoming season looks to bring things back around to normal which should be good.

Finished Dark Season 2. Man, the series is a mind-bender in a good way. I can't imagine what the writers room white board looks like. Some of the themes of this season reminded me of 12 Monkeys (Syfy series). The casting in the show is really spot on in a number of crucial ways. Even with some of the complicated elements introduced, it can still hit you the emotional moment dealing with grief, loss, or love.

Yes, very 12 Monkeys (show). That show was almost perfection. Can't wait for the final season of Dark.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing here for me this month but that's fine. This month I'll finish up The Boys and Runaways S2 at least. And if I got time, I'll binge The Terror. Agents of Shield S6 is also finishing tonight with a 2-episode finale.

I'll be checking out these eventually: Beverly Hills 902010, Wu Assassins, The Terror S2, Mindhunter S2, The Dark Crystal and Carnival Row. But there's so much other stuff that takes priority right now.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Deadline said:
Showtime has set November premiere dates for the new seasons of two of its longest-running shows and the sophomore run of its Jim Carrey dramedy. Season 10 of the William H. Macy-led Shameless bows at 9 p.m. Sunday, November 3, followed by the Season 2 launch of Carrey's Kidding at 10 (watch the new trailer below). The seventh go-round for Liev Schrieber's Ray Donovan kicks off two weeks later in its new slot at 8 p.m. Sunday, November 17.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
It's not new by any means, but I just started Line of Duty series 1 last night and am really enjoying it three episodes in. I loved the Bodyguard and just heard this was by the same people.
I know it aired last year, but The Sinner S2 just dropped on Netflix yesterday. Almost done with it - it's just as good as S1, maybe even better, but I also just really dig the subject matter in this season.
Glad you're enjoying it, I think I liked season 2 a little bit better myself, but I'm a huge Carrie Coon fanboy. The kid is also great.

Ahhh, I dropped off with this after 4 episodes or so, I'll definitely catch up on this

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Post #19 was done by me, hence my comment. I'm aware Ratsky just summarized US release dates (as far as I can tell) but I would've hoped more people would know about its August release date and mention it :( Tons of non-Americans on ResetEra.
I absolutely would list it if it actually had a release date. BBC is just so vague. It still hasn't even said August at this point.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017

I was waiting for this and noticed it was on there today. Not sure why it took so long. Haven't seen S2 yet but S1 was good.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Deadline said:
Showtime has set the return for the eighth and final season of Homeland. The Emmy and Golden Globe-winning hit drama series will premiere on Sunday, February 9 at 9 PM. Starring Claire Danes and Mandy Patinkin, the acclaimed series is currently in production on its final 12 episodes. The date was announced Friday during Showtime's presentation at the TCA summer press tour.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
GLOW
Maybe The Terror S2, although I might wait until later in the year to watch that.
Catching up on Hanna and Fleabag S2 on Amazon Prime. Great shows!

Wow, Homeland is so far away. :-(
And can someone please put Shameless out of its misery already?

Last edited:
OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Regardless, I think we can all agree that British TV is literally decades behind the US when it comes to scheduling. Homeland S8 just got dated for February 9 - that's 6 months from now - meanwhile Peaky Blinders, one of the biggest UK shows, is premiering this month and we still don't know what day??? ummmmm

RadioHeadAche

Oct 26, 2017
Was season two of Happy! on Netflix not too long ago? I swear it got added after the cancellation news, but it's not there anymore (if it ever was). I even deleted it off my dvr thinking I'd rather just watch it on Netflix.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Finished my first 2019 show in Agents of Shield S6, which was the weakest season for the show.

Will probably finish up Black Mirror S5, Runaways S2, The Boys S1 and Doom Patrol S1 next. And then I'll mix it up with shows that aren't comic book properties.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
RatskyWatsky - you doing the Succession OT?

I wouldn't mind doing it if not. S2 trailer before the Euphoria finale got me all sorts of hyped.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
i'll wait on reviews of Nancy Drew. Supernatural is ending this season and Crazy Ex already did, so I was looking forward to being free of CW next year.

Quake1028

Oct 25, 2017
Still Watching
Dead to Me S1
Daredevil S2
Dark S1
The Sinner S2
The Boys S1
Hanna S1
Good Omens S1

Will Watch
Bulletproof - The CW (Aug 7)
Wu Assassins - Netflix (Aug 8)
Carnival Row - Amazon (Aug 30)

AHK-Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
No. I asked AHK-Hero as the person who made the last OT if he was going to do it but he hasn't replied yet.
Ah. Keep me in the loop please. I think this season's thread will be more popular since more people have been turned on to the show.

Hi guys, I won't be able to make the thread so feel free to make it! If you wanted to use the relationship chart that I created again I'd be honored but do whatever you think works best.

Looking forward to season 2 myself. See you in the thread.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Hi guys, I won't be able to make the thread so feel free to make it! If you wanted to use the relationship chart that I created again I'd be honored but do whatever you think works best.

Looking forward to season 2 myself. See you in the thread.

Thanks for the update! Definitely going to use your graphics and credit you if Ratsky is OK with me making the OT.

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017

Uh. Show is written by two white dudes, and seem to play up a working relationship between Malcolm X and gangster Bumpy Johnson which there is scant evidence for being a thing (in fact most sources I could find showed that whilst they were friends, Malcolm X rejected working with Bumpy in the 60s). So yeah, Epix presenting this as the "true story of Bumpy Johnson" is pretty uncomfortable to say the least.

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017

Elizabeth Warren is thrilled.
votewarrenucoawrdsbhkm5.jpg

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Finished up Dear White People Season 3 last night. Didn't think it was as good as last year. They continue to tackle some heavy topics, but overall the season lacked focus and didn't really give many of the characters compelling story-lines to really dive into. I still enjoy certain aspects of the show, but nothing really blew me away.