• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GamingRobioto

May 18, 2018
Exeter, UK
I'm buying this as soon as I get home, I love Theme Hospital.

I was going to wait as I'll be knee deep in Dragon Quest and Spiderman next week, but I have a free weekend this weekend... Done.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Yes, it is mostly a more polished and modern version of Theme Hospital. But there are quite some additions to the simulation.

People get bored, hungry and thirsty in your hospital and yes you absolutely need to place those items for people to be "happy" in your hospital.
Patients get unhappy when they are hungry, bored or thirsty so they can somewhat wait leave early and be pissed off if you don't care.

The skill of a doctor is now more complex than it was in Theme Hospital. They have traits that can be trained. If I remember correctly the old TH just gave you a qualification for a doctor like "psychiatrist", but now you can improve the stats of psychiatric diagnoses. Treatment is also trainable. Additionally you can upgrade the machines of your rooms.

There are some QoL features and more fleshed out systems than in the original, but it is just adding the cherry to the cake. It doesn't change the whole formula.

I like that nurses and janitors also have special skills as well. But still need more time with the game to see how much it changes the game as compared to Theme Hospital. Using another series as an example, it's like they learnt from the Dragon Quest series in how to modernise the series without changing the core gameplay.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
How do I know I have the golden toilet DLC?

I signed up for the pass but don't see any DLC on my steam game page.

Tya

Oct 30, 2017
Completed the first hospital and now at my second. I feel that the pacing so far seems off. There seem to be more illnesses this time but less memorable? Also the receptionist disappeared twice. I thought they would just stay at the desk permanently.

The controls and everything else is basically a clone of how Theme Hospital is so it's easy to pick up.

Did the receptionist go on break?

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
Never played Theme Hospital, but the Voidu deal was too good to pass up. What am I in store for here?

CD_93

Dec 12, 2017
Lancashire, United Kingdom
"We apologise for the litter that you dropped on our floor."

Did an involuntary giggle when I heard the announcer for the first time. Did not know how much I wanted this. Thanks Voidu.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Man I wanted to get this but the price is too steep right now for me unfortunately. Watching these twitch streams has me itching to play!

CD_93

Dec 12, 2017
Lancashire, United Kingdom
Its great isnt it :)

Im so glad I get to see another game like this

"Vote for Tabatha Winsock! Wrong, but stable!"

Gold.

iDKNt81.gif

Deleted member 9650

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The game is really fun. I played about an hour at lunch. I like that they ease you into it but there's still a lot of potential to be creative and build. The humor is astoundingly funny.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
My only gripe is the lack of a sandbox (create you own hospital from 0) but is very fun, im surprised

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
I re-sized my ward which kicked out the nurses and 2 patients, but got an alert about the 2 patients not being able to find their way back to the ward. Any ideas how to solve this issue? They're just standing there - tried clicking "Send Home", but they're not budging. New patients have no problems using the ward.

Pachinko

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This kind of snuck out today huh ? It's pretty fun so far, I 3 starred the first map and saved. Took about 90 minutes. Anyone who has played the older theme hospital will be right at home here.

Tempy I had a similar problem so I just resized the ward a second time and it seemed like the lost person eventually found their way around.

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
I re-sized my ward which kicked out the nurses and 2 patients, but got an alert about the 2 patients not being able to find their way back to the ward. Any ideas how to solve this issue? They're just standing there - tried clicking "Send Home", but they're not budging. New patients have no problems using the ward.
That's weird. In my case, when I was resizing the ward, patients just went to the second ward. Is this a bug?

Spark

Dec 6, 2017
I really hope this sells well because I would love a startopia successor. Two Point Space Station next!

Peanut

Oct 27, 2017
Rhode Island
I had no problems re-sizing my ward. Patients walked right back in after I was done editing. This may be a bug.

Tony

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got to try this out, and it's fun! I'm at 2 stars on the first hospital, but I don't really see a need to build more rooms, etc. because I'm able to get everyone that's been walking in treated pretty easily. But I need to increase value... Do I need to spend some Kudosh I've been hoarding for nicer stuff?

Edit: Nevermind, I just needed to wait a little longer! Value went up over time and the year end awards helped a lot.

Last edited:

Sloane

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope this sells well because I would love a startopia successor. Two Point Space Station next!
Yes!

Played it for three hours or so yesterday, time flew by, really enjoying it so far, pretty relaxing. Only things that feel a little weird are the Kudoshs and the 1-2-3 star mechanic, not really sure that kind of "modernization" was necessary but oh well. Looking forward to playing more today.

GangWarily

Oct 25, 2017
Loooving this game so far.

Quick question...anybody figured out what to do when the 'Further Diagnosis Required' prompt comes up? It says to build more Diagnosis Rooms but then I built several General Diagnosis Rooms and they just continue to wander the lobby until the timer runs out.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I bought this for my bf but he has some questions.
There's a symbol that appears over one specific room. A green plus with a blue arrow over it pointing to the right. He wants to know what it means.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Loooving this game so far.

Quick question...anybody figured out what to do when the 'Further Diagnosis Required' prompt comes up? It says to build more Diagnosis Rooms but then I built several General Diagnosis Rooms and they just continue to wander the lobby until the timer runs out.

You sure you don't have anything to research? There are other diagnosis rooms besides the GP

Sloane

Oct 25, 2017
I bought this for my bf but he has some questions.
There's a symbol that appears over one specific room. A green plus with a blue arrow over it pointing to the right. He wants to know what it means.
Should be the high priority sign. If you click on a room you can set the priority to high or low (normal), so if you've got lots of patients coming into the ward, for example, you can set the priority to high to ensure there are nurses there.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
I've finished the first two hospitals with a 3 star rating last night. What a wonderful game!

I've noticed that the comfort level of my rooms is rather low tho. Any tips on how to improve this?

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
I really enjoyed the couple of hours I spent with this yesterday. It is pretty much just Theme Hospital. I do hope that they plan to expand the scope a bit with updates and expansions as the base is really solid.

I hope this makes its way to consoles. This looks soooo good and brings back so many memories of playing Theme Hospital on PS1.
With how simple it is (in a good way) I would be amazed if it didn't come to consoles too, just like Theme Hospital.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Smashed about 4 hours into this yesterday.

Love the tone and themes of illnesses.

Really enjoying it, I need to keep a better eye on my staff tho, seems like they all bugger off and they are the first to get lost in the mix of making things efficient

Sherlocked

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Man. I don't remember that the GP office is the worst bottleneck after such a short time. Even in the third? hospital the people queue up to 10 and more with three GP offices in use with a doctor working in it.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
My only gripe is the lack of a sandbox (create you own hospital from 0) but is very fun, im surprised

Does kinda suck there isn't but then again I don't remember there being on in the original Theme Hospital so not surprised there isn't one. Though be a good edition for patch later.

Mondy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man. I don't remember that the GP office is the worst bottleneck after such a short time. Even in the third? hospital the people queue up to 10 and more with three GP offices in use with a doctor working in it.

There is a specific skill Doctors can have with General Practice, make sure all of them working in the Office have it so they're working at peak efficiency

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
Really enjoying it, I need to keep a better eye on my staff tho, seems like they all bugger off and they are the first to get lost in the mix of making things efficient

Same here. I saw plenty of them looking for work, while lots of my plants were almost dying. I just pick them up and put them in front of the plants. :)

GamingRobioto

May 18, 2018
Exeter, UK

I had this. I went in and re-edited and moved a bed and then clicked the green tick and all was fine again. Was extremely annoying when 6 patients got kicked out at once though. Only issue I've come across.

Sherlocked

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
There is a specific skill Doctors can have with General Practice, make sure all of them working in the Office have it so they're working at peak efficiency

Yeah, I've trained them but somehow it seems that the people are just queueing up there. I'll take a closer look how it leads up to that situation. Generally I hire the most expensive staff since money is seldom the problem.

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
So, one of the doctors gave me a mission to find and shoot some tiny hairy things, who'd usually hide in dark places... but I haven't had any luck finding them so far.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
In the third hospital I had 8 GPs offices and huge queues.

On the fourth I've built an area dedicated to GPs offices right off the bat. I built 3 before I even unpaused to start, it's helped a lot.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Yeah having office types next to each other helps alot. Also make sure to train your doctors in the things that give them efficiency in what they are doing.
Don't forget you can edit and pick up rooms to move them around as well.