Kensation

The Enlightened "this guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Mfktc.gif

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
I think it will be boring for the layperson but it will probably be part of a bigger picture for forensic accountants and prosecutors

This is a better way to put it. Yes.

We're gonna see stuff that means stuff when you consider other stuff, but people expecting "TO: VLADDY PUTIN - AMOUNT: $1,000,000,000 RUBLES - FOR: ELECTION STUFF" are going to be disappointed lol

Christian

Oct 25, 2017

I'm pretty sure he's a soprano.

Anyway, get Trump's ass.

What grounds could they possibly dissent on a private citizen having their tax records provided to a grand jury. 30% of this country really wants a monarchy. It's wild.

Looks like Thomas wrote that he dissents because he doesn't agree with the current precedent, and thinks it should be looked at again and revised. So, they had fucking nothing.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Unleash the flood.

The world deserves to see this. I am expecting him to screech and whine about it any way he can soonish.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
It would be the lamest victory in history if he went away for tax fraud.

With that said, the courts are not Trumps friend. The senate can't protect him from the legal system.

Oct 25, 2017
Thomas dissented. So I'm assuming the rest voted against Trump?
As far as I can tell (IANAL,) there were no dissents to the order:

SCOTUS said:
20A63 TRUMP, DONALD J. V. VANCE, CYRUS R., ET AL.

The application for a stay presented to Justice Breyer and referred to the Court is denied.

Thomas and Alito did dissent in the original decision, but this is for the stay order.

Euphoria

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Earth
The article I read said it was a 7-2 vote. Came up in my Apple Newsfeed.

Edit - NVM, that 7-2 was referencing a ruling from July of last year I think.

Oct 25, 2017
Reading the document it seems Alito and Gorsuch dissented as well. Their dissents are at the end of the document.
What grounds could they possibly dissent on a private citizen having their tax records provided to a grand jury. 30% of this country really wants a monarchy. It's wild.
Looks like Thomas wrote that he dissents because he doesn't agree with the current precedent, and thinks it should be looked at again and revised. So, they had fucking nothing.
Those dissents are for different cases.

The article I read said it was a 7-2 vote. Came up in my Apple Newsfeed.
Mainstream reporting on legal issues is crap. There weren't any dissents.

gcubed

Oct 25, 2017
It would be the lamest victory in history if he went away for tax fraud.

With that said, the courts are not Trumps friend. The senate can't protect him from the legal system.

I ALMOST would rather see him penniless on the street somewhere. It's more shameful to him to have his failures publicly exposed and what little actual money he has to be taken.

His tax returns aren't even going to be about where money came from, it's going to be how he valued properties to the state and feds then in turn lied about them to his creditors. He will be having people come from both ends for their money.... his bank loans based on faulty valuations that are due and his tax fraud based on faulty valuations that he will owe

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Spoiler alert: he has debts out the asshole and a lot of dubious business deductions
Yup he has upward of a billion coming due in the next two years and we don't know who half of it belongs to. Throw in the fact there's only one bank left that'll even hold his money(no one will lend him money anymore) he's in deep trouble

Oleander

Oct 25, 2017
"You can't do this to me, I AM the Republican Party!" drawled Trump, as the handcuffs behind his back clicked into place.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I ALMOST would rather see him penniless on the street somewhere. It's more shameful to him to have his failures publicly exposed and what little actual money he has to be taken.

His tax returns aren't even going to be about where money came from, it's going to be how he valued properties to the state and feds then in turn lied about them to his creditors. He will be having people come from both ends for their money.... his bank loans based on faulty valuations that are due and his tax fraud based on faulty valuations that he will owe
Yup and Duestche bank will be happy to start seizing his assets once that's defined

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
The IRS has his taxes. Why wasn't he investigated before? It's no secret to them. Jesus at this country.

Rogue74

Nov 13, 2017
Miami, FL
The IRS has his taxes. Why wasn't he investigated before? It's no secret to them. Jesus at this country.
Maybe that audit he keeps harping about was some sort of investigation. The audit is real. Using it as a reason to not release his returns is what was bullshit. Once he was elected, I'm sure that audit was put on hold and somehow interfered with.

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The IRS budget was slashed way back around 2010 because of that tea party targeting "scandal." Someone else mentioned it was too much work and they are correct in a sense. Auditing the rich is much more labor intensive and that's exactly why Republicans have a vendetta against the IRS. Slashing their budget protects the rich.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
There's no chance he had a minion mess with them while he was running the show?
I really wanna see him get fucked over.

May 28, 2020
It's hard to get excited for this at the moment. I'd rather just wait until something concrete comes from this that may result in a legitimate conviction of some kind.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
And yet the court may still have the last laugh. Remember that the constitutionality of the ACA will probably be decided in 4-5 months (and probably the lower court ruling will be upheld.)

And while there's no abortion cases on the docket for this session, ACB's presence might get them on next year. Probably nothing as big as Alabama, but it wouldn't be a surprise to see South Carolina, and maybe Ohio's heartbeat bill.

Tater

Oct 30, 2017
This is dumb, like people in the government don't already know whats in these taxes
Yeah, people likely know through the grapevine, but my understanding is that you can't use that information in legal proceedings if it isn't released. The first thing the defense would say is "those returns aren't public, how did you get them?" which is going to make the prosecutors look unreliable if they didn't get official copies.

I'm not a lawyer though.