• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Disclaimer: This thread is for news and discussion regarding Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena (UAP). Conspiracy theories will not be entertained nor discussed. The news in the thread will be from credible and verifiable sources (government entities/officials, mainstream media, academia, and etc.). Failure to follow these rules could result in administrative action by site staff.

All-domain Anomaly Resolution Office (AARO)

Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena (UAP) means (A) airborne objects that are not immediately identifiable; (B) transmedium objects or devices; (C) and submerged objects or devices that are not immediately identifiable and that display behavior or performance characteristics suggesting that the objects or devices may be related to the objects or devices described in subparagraph (A) or (B). (Per the NDAA FY23 Section 1673(d)(8))

The DoD considers Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena (UAP) as sources of anomalous detections in one or more domain (i.e., airborne, seaborne, spaceborne, and/or transmedium) that are not yet attributable to known actors and that demonstrate behaviors that are not readily understood by sensors or observers.

"Anomalous detections" include but are not limited to phenomena that demonstrate apparent capabilities or material that exceed known performance envelopes. A UAP may consist of one or more unidentified anomalous objects and may persist over an extended period of time.

Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena (UAP) Disclosure Act of 2023

Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) and Senator Mike Rounds (R-SD), Ranking Member of the Subcommittee on Cybersecurity for the Armed Services Committee, are leading an amendment Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena (UAP) Disclosure Act of 2023 along with Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) Vice Chairman of the Intelligence Committee; Senator Kristen Gillibrand (D-NY), Chairwoman of the Subcommittee on Emerging Threats and Capabilities for the Armed Services Committee; Senator Todd Young (R-IN); and Senator Martin Heinrich (D-NM) which would increase transparency around Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena (UAP) and further open scientific research. The legislation introduced as an amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) that will be on the Senate floor next week, would direct the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) to create a collection of records to be known as the UAP Records Collection and direct every government office to identify which records would fall into the collection. The UAP Records Collection would carry the presumption of immediate disclosure, which means that a review board would have to provide a reasoning for the documents to stay classified.

View: https://twitter.com/SenSchumer/status/1679878630975864832

Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena: Implications on National Security, Public Safety, and Government Transparency

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ7Dw-739VY

Witnesses and testimonies:

Ryan Graves

Executive Director
Americans for Safe Aerospace

Commander David Fravor (Ret.)
Former Commanding Officer
United States Navy

David Grusch
Former National Reconnaissance Officer Representative, Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena Task Force
Department of Defense

NASA Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena Study

View: https://twitter.com/NASA/status/1702321823692832843

Last edited:

Jordan117

Oct 27, 2017
Alabammy
I, for one, welcome our unidentified anomalous overlords.

Looking forward to the hearing on Wednesday; even if Grusch and other whistleblowers are bullshitting, it will be interesting to find out why.

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
I was a perpetual lurker in the last thread, things really started heating up. Looking forward to the revelations here on out

legendofgood

Oct 25, 2017
Hope we can continue carrying on in healthy discourse about this topic, less conspiracy theories. Glad to see a fresh start.

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
I am so glad there is a new thread so that more discussions can be had. I just hope it doesn't get carried away with conspiracy theories.

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
I am excited to learn what craziness might be hidden, even if it just means foreign tech development in the end.

Honome

Jan 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
Really disapointing that the mods killed the old thread, there were so many valuable information there. Well, let's see the path this new thread goes... not very optimistic.

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
Christopher Mellon on News Nation: "I've been told that we have recovered technology that did not originate on this earth by officials in the Department of Defense and by former intelligence officials."

"I expect Dave [Grusch] will provide some new information that we have not heard before."
Christopher Mellon spent nearly 20 years in the U.S. Intelligence Community, including serving as the Minority Staff Director of the Senate Intelligence Committee and the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Intelligence
Hopefully he can expand on the "people have been killed to keep this secret" allegation. Ross Coulthart said he would if asked.

Edit: Just saw the mod notice in the other thread. I think News Nation is mainstream and I think Ross Coulthart and Christopher Mellon are credible sources.

burgervan

Oct 27, 2017
Even if no new information comes out of this, it'll be interesting to see how it affects media coverage of the topic.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
Aren't some of the conspiracy theories being directly fed by some of the claims being made by the whistleblower at the center of this? I can see that being a problem.

Last edited:

construct

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jun 5, 2020
東京
The titles of these threads keep getting shorter. Soon there'll just be "U |OT|"

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
I think people should temper their expectation about wednesday's hearing. Nothing been declassified so he will not be able to reveal anything he refused to answer before.

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
Just want to repost these excerpts from the UAP Disclosure Act proposed by Chuck Schumer and other senior senators.
(a) FINDINGS AND DECLARATIONS.—Congress finds and declares the following:

(1) All Federal Government records related to unidentified anomalous phenomena should be preserved and centralized for historical and Federal Government purposes.

(2) All Federal Government records concerning unidentified anomalous phenomena should carry a presumption of immediate disclosure and all records should be eventually disclosed to enable the public to become fully informed about the history of the Federal Government's knowledge and involvement surrounding unidentified anomalous phenomena.

(3) Legislation is necessary to create an enforceable, independent, and accountable process for the public disclosure of such records.

(4) Legislation is necessary because credible evidence and testimony indicates that Federal Government unidentified anomalous phenomena records exist that have not been declassified or subject to mandatory declassification review as set forth in Executive Order 13526 (50 U.S.C. 3161 note; relating to classified national security information) due in part to exemptions under the Atomic Energy Act of 1954 (42 U.S.C. 2011 et seq.), as well as an over- broad interpretation of ''transclassified foreign nuclear information'', which is also exempt from mandatory declassification, thereby preventing public disclosure under existing provisions of law.

(5) Legislation is necessary because section 552 of title 5, United States Code (commonly referred to as the ''Freedom of Information Act''), as implemented by the Executive branch of the Federal Government, has proven inadequate in achieving the timely public disclosure of Government unidentified anomalous phenomena records that are subject to mandatory declassification review.

(6) Legislation is necessary to restore proper oversight over unidentified anomalous phenomena records by elected officials in both the executive and legislative branches of the Federal Government that has otherwise been lacking as of the enactment of this Act.

(7) Legislation is necessary to afford complete and timely access to all knowledge gained by the Federal Government concerning unidentified anomalous phenomena in furtherance of comprehensive open scientific and technological research and development essential to avoiding or mitigating potential technological surprise in furtherance of urgent national security concerns and the public interest.
(10) LEGACY PROGRAM.—The term ''legacy program'' means all Federal, State, and local government, commercial industry, academic, and private sector endeavors to collect, exploit, or reverse engineer technologies of unknown origin or examine biological evidence of living or deceased non-human intelligence that pre-dates the date of the enactment of this Act.
(12) NON-HUMAN INTELLIGENCE.—The term ''non-human intelligence'' means any sentient intelligent non-human lifeform regardless of nature or ultimate origin that may be presumed responsible for unidentified anomalous phenomena or of which the Federal Government has become aware.
(18) TECHNOLOGIES OF UNKNOWN ORIGIN.— The term ''technologies of unknown origin'' means any materials or meta-materials, ejecta, crash debris, mechanisms, machinery, equipment, assemblies or sub-assemblies, engineering models or processes, damaged or intact aerospace vehicles, and damaged or intact ocean-surface and undersea craft associated with unidentified anomalous phenomena or incorporating science and technology that lacks prosaic attribution or known means of human manufacture.
SEC. ll07. ESTABLISHMENT AND POWERS OF THE UNIDENTIFIED ANOMALOUS PHENOMENA RECORDS REVIEW BOARD.

(a) ESTABLISHMENT.— There is established as an independent agency a board to be known as the ''Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena Records Review Board''.

(b) APPOINTMENT.—
(1) IN GENERAL.—The President, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, shall appoint, without regard to political affiliation, 9 citizens of the United States to serve as members of the Review Board to ensure and facilitate the review, transmission to the Archivist, and public disclosure of government records relating to unidentified anomalous phenomena.

4) QUALIFICATIONS.—Persons nominated to the Review Board—

(B) shall be distinguished persons of high national professional reputation in their respective fields who are capable of exercising the independent and objective judgment necessary to the fulfillment of their role in ensuring and facilitating the review, transmission to the public, and public disclosure of records related to the government's understanding of, and activities associated with unidentified anomalous phenomena, technologies of unknown origin, and non-human intelligence and who possess an appreciation of the value of such material to the public, scholars, and government; and

(C) shall include at least—
(i) 1 current or former national security official;
(ii) 1 current or former foreign service official;
(iii) 1 scientist or engineer;
(iv) 1 economist;
(v) 1 professional historian; and
(vi) 1 sociologist.

falcondoc

Oct 29, 2017
Christopher Mellon on News Nation: "I've been told that we have recovered technology that did not originate on this earth by officials in the Department of Defense and by former intelligence officials."

"I expect Dave [Grusch] will provide some new information that we have not heard before."

Hopefully he can expand on the "people have been killed to keep this secret" allegation. Ross Coulthart said he would if asked.

Edit: Just saw the mod notice in the other thread. I think News Nation is mainstream and I think Ross Coulthart and Christopher Mellon are credible sources.

They are.

This is a bombshell for Mellon to straight up say.

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
Here is the NewsNation interview from last month that directly led to the upcoming hearing:

View: https://youtu.be/gfZUA9DMzYQ
If you prefer to read here is an article by the journalists who broke the 2017 and 2020 UAP stories on New York Times:
thedebrief.org

Intelligence Officials Say U.S. Has Retrieved Craft of Non-Human Origin - The Debrief

In a Debrief exclusive, Ralph Blumenthal and Leslie Kean report that a former official says the U.S. has retrieved craft of non-human origin.
And the companion fact check article:
thedebrief.org

Fact-Check Q & A with Debrief Co-founder and Investigator Tim McMillan: Part 1 - The Debrief

Tim McMillan explains the process and methods he and his research team employed to fact-check Leslie Kean and Ralph Blumenthal's UAP story.

Last edited:

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Grusch's testimony is all I'm looking forward to Wednesday…..I appreciate Fravor and Graves and believe them 100% but I've heard their stories over and and over. I will be watching the entire thing though, can't wait.

Milky Way

Oct 29, 2017
The inspector general has all this info Grusch has given. Where is he? We need him to speak about what he knows.

burgervan

Oct 27, 2017
What are the odds that the next Trump indictment comes down and completely distracts from this? Not saying it would be intentional, just that I'm worried about it happening.

Last edited:

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
Losing the other thread sucks. It was a treasure trove of UFO/UAP information and it feels like it was burned to the ground like an Alexandrian library. I hope this new thread will live up to its potential.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
UFO lore is full of conspiracy theories, so this will be interesting

Yeah...this thread is gonna be walking on eggshells. Part of the fun in this topic is sharing the more extreme stories, which I've almost always viewed as fun what if's rather than taking at face value, which is a big part of the appeal of ufology for many in general. I do understand how spreading certain things can be damaging and harmful to the perception of the subject and its legitimacy, but not nearly as toxic and societally dangerous as Q-caliber garbage. I don't really see the harm in entertaining random sightings shared on social media and old stories that are a part of the lore. Like can we not talk about something like the Fatima sightings? I'm not clear on the line here as for what constitutes 'conspiracy theory'. For instance, Grusch's testimony is essentially saying there's a shadow group/rogue part of the military that's taking part in UAP retrieval without publicly elected govt figure/body oversight. Shadow govt is like the granddaddy of conspiracy theories and intrinsically linked to this subject. So is that specific claim of Grusch's considered a conspiracy theory? The rules for this new thread seem vague on that front, as again that is central to Grusch's claims as a whistleblower.

Losing the other thread sucks. It was a treasure trove of UFO/UAP information and it feels like it was burned to the ground like an Alexandrian library. I hope this new thread will live up to its potential.

Forerunner could just as easily been able to edit the OP of the og thread, or the new disclaimer could be added at the top of each page as has been done in other threads on this site. Closing such a huge thread with so much info that OP contributed over two plus years is some heavy handed, reactionary nonsense.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
So glad for this much needed reboot, hopefully now we can put to rest things like shadow goverments, which are used to explain away anything that doesn't fit our narrative.

Can't wait for the hearing and for the NASA Study Team report

Mr Satan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah...this thread is gonna be walking on eggshells. Part of the fun in this topic is sharing the more extreme stories, which I've almost always viewed as fun what if's rather than taking at face value, which is a big part of the appeal of ufology for many in general. I do understand how spreading certain things can be damaging and harmful to the perception of the subject and its legitimacy, but not nearly as toxic and societally dangerous as Q-caliber garbage. I don't really see the harm in entertaining random sightings shared on social media and old stories that are a part of the lore. Like can we not talk about something like the Fatima sightings? I'm not clear on the line here as for what constitutes 'conspiracy theory'. For instance, Grusch's testimony is essentially saying there's a shadow group/rogue part of the military that's taking part in UAP retrieval without publicly elected govt figure/body oversight. Shadow govt is like the granddaddy of conspiracy theories and intrinsically linked to this subject. So is that specific claim of Grusch's considered a conspiracy theory? The rules for this new thread seem vague on that front, as again that is central to Grusch's claims as a whistleblower.

Forerunner could just as easily been able to edit the OP of the og thread, or the new disclaimer could be added at the top of each page as has been done in other threads on this site. Closing such a huge thread with so much info that OP contributed over two plus years is some heavy handed, reactionary nonsense.
Ding ding ding. It was an absurd decision that misappropriates the arguments made in the pervious thread and ignores the drive-by posters that didn't engage with the evidence, but I won't make any meta-commentary because I seriously want this thread to remain open.

Thank you for providing that disclaimer, Forerunner. Let's hope the hearings propel this in a positive direction.

Sir Hound

Oct 28, 2017
I'm listening to this NewsNation interview and the guy sounds super insincere and kind of full of bullshit. But I want to believe so I'm super excited that even if this comes to nothing, that it's at least playing out.

I'm hoping he gets on to explaining why so many of these super advanced vehicles are crashing.

Edit: yeah they do and he brushes over it with some very flowery language. Like to get any crashes - just how many of these are around?

Last edited: