• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Saty

Oct 27, 2017
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-01-27-resident-evil-2-debuts-at-no-1-in-uk-charts-again

It's Capcom's biggest UK launch since January 2017 when Resident Evil 7 topped the charts. Resident Evil 2 didn't manage to beat the sales of that game (sales are around 18 per cent lower), but it's an impressive result considering this isn't a full new sequel.
The game, which was revealed on stage at PlayStation's E3 press conference, sold best on PS4. In fact, Sony's platform accounted for 74 per cent of the sales.

It means New Super Mario Bros U's stay at the summit of the charts has ended. The Nintendo Switch game actually drops to No.4 following a 44 per cent drop in weekly sales.

Last week's No.2, Ace Combat 7, also drops down the charts to No.6. Sales slipped 51 per cent, which is a decent second week performance for a game with a core audience.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I urge restraint from people trying to flip this as a failure. Remeber the Red Dead 2 UK sales thread?

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I commented to the effect that I was very surprised in how many people last week were expecting like 100k for this game, it was never at all likely.

Still the game deserves success- it's fantastic.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The most surprising thing to me is that Monster Hunter World actually opened lower than RE7 and RE2R.

NSMBUDX still seems to have good legs.

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It will do much better than RE7 worldwide.

The game is selling really well on Steam.

Neil_Z

Oct 31, 2017
Always good to see strong support for single player games from PlayStation audience

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I'm gonna be super honest and say the game offers too little value at $60. A linear 12 hours game is a hard sell, no matter how good, in the age of longer games.

Still, it's gonna have enormous legs, specially as price cuts start coming. It's gonna be an ever green title.

InspectaDekka

Banned
Jan 4, 2019
Yeah that's fine considering how small and fragile our market is, and Resident Evil 7 was really painted as the big exciting comeback that caused people to buy it

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
FYI, this game released on a Friday. RE7 was not, it had a traditional Tuesday release.

So this definitely seems like a great start for RE2.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'm gonna be super honest and say the game offers too little value at $60. A linear 12 hours game is a hard sell, no matter how good, in the age of longer games.

Still, it's gonna have enormous legs, specially as price cuts start coming. It's gonna be an ever green title.
Not every fucking game needs to be thirty hours.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
18% drop with less days (3 in this case) is actually good for RE2.

Evildeadhead

Oct 26, 2017

Why you bringing up dollars in a U.K. thread especially when this game was cheaper than most here?

Plus, I'd rather play Resi 2 10 times than play RDR2 ever again.

J2d

Oct 26, 2017
With the rare physical is dropping and three less days I bet RE2 is will outsell it.

ParanoidRED

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
A remaster would do better than a totally new chapter?

I expected it to do worse than RE7 actually.
I would agree bu i don't remember people being that hot on a new RE in 1st person, not as much as the prior tps at least

But still, let's see them legs, word of mouth and the glowing reviews will surely help

EtaMari

Dec 17, 2018
I guess the world wasn't as hyped about RE2 Remake as I was.
Some people just need dozens Mario games, FIfa and Fortnite for gaming...

Last edited: