• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Morfid_Plays

Self Requested Ban
Oct 27, 2017
No digital, no conversation outside of how fucked UK retail is.

Because the decline in uk retail proved time and time again last year to be more damaging than the fact 20-35% went to digital
Even with digital accounted games dropped significantly because guess what ... uk retail is fucked

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
RE2 opened at around 70,000 physical in the UK.
In the US is going to do better than RE7
It is doing better than RE7 in Japan in the opening week.
Strong PC sales

RE2 will do more than fine, people as always overreacting in UK sales threads.
Yeah, it's the same song and dance, doom and gloom in almost every UK launch thread. Soon Capcom will release the press release that for sure will be bigger than the RE7 2.5m launch (3 days) shipment announcement. Then these people, who mostly are the same every time, will again look stupid.

Neo-Saiyan

Oct 27, 2017
Birmingham, UK
I fucking hate this mindset. It's an incredibly high-quality game with a decent amount of content and high replayability. Not everything needs to be a 40 hour padded as fuck open world.

Exactly!

And that is why I still haven't played RDR2 and Spider-Man, 2 of the biggest games from last year. Big 40+ hours, open world games just doesn't appeal to me much these days no matter how good they are.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
Why the fascination with topping RE7 sales, I don't get the validation required. Their both part of the same series.
People clamoured for RE2 remake since the dawn of time, It was obviously going to do well.

I live in the UK and can honestly say this whole gen, I haven't bought a physical disk based game, I went all digital at the start, But that's only because of the wonder that is account sharing, Otherwise id probably be buying disk based games online, Or renting them.

Talus

Banned
Dec 9, 2017
SteamSpy reporting 500K - 1M which already puts it in the same range as RE7 which has been out for 2 years and with discounts.

33028869698_a08ba5b706_o.png

And RE2make is still the 2 top selling games on Steam with the Standard and Deluxe versions.

I'd say the Steam version is doing quite well :)

-girgosz-

Aug 16, 2018
That's a two year old article and since the splits in some instances shrank , fifa was at 25 yoy digital in 2018 , and some titles equal split with 2016 , 2017 was a high year

I don't think they shrank. But as we see in 2017 digital splits, the article is just not really accurate. My only guess this article is mainly talking about week 1 sales. As the gifting season begins, the digital ratio is going down as retail increases.

Morfid_Plays

Self Requested Ban
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think they shrank. But as we see in 2017 digital splits, the article is just not really accurate. My only guess this article is mainly talking about week 1 sales. As the gifting season begins, the digital ratio is going down as retail increases.

I feel you , what I mean is this digital messiah complex people have, when the games are getting digital splits of 25-30 percent , and its hailed as the be all and end all

-girgosz-

Aug 16, 2018
SteamSpy reporting 500K - 1M which already puts it in the same range as RE7 which has been out for 2 years and with discounts.

33028869698_a08ba5b706_o.png

And RE2make is still the 2 top selling games on Steam with the Standard and Deluxe versions.

I'd say the Steam version is doing quite well :)

It's doing amazing on Steam no doubt about that. It will do a much bigger FW than RE7. I still expected it to do better in the UK.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Why the fascination with topping RE7 sales, I don't get the validation required. Their both part of the same series.

The Resident Evil fanbase has been splintered off to many factions. You got the old guards pining for the good old days of classic RE, you got the action crowd that wants the action-horror games from RE4, and now you have people that wants the first person perspective introduced in 7. Every time a game fails or succeeds it gets pushed to the narrative of whichever version of the "True" Resident Evil.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
The Resident Evil fanbase has been splintered off to many factions. You got the old guards pining for the good old days of classic RE, you got the action crowd that wants the action-horror games from RE4, and now you have people that wants the first person perspective introduced in 7. Every time a game fails or succeeds it gets pushed to the narrative of whichever version of the "True" Resident Evil.

Yeah i get it, Sad reality i suppose. Each one comes with it's own caveats, The old style got stale, The action style nearly killed the series, And the FP mode didnt even allow PC owners to use the VR aspect.

Capcom are caught between a rock and a hard place. Cant please everyone.

Talus

Banned
Dec 9, 2017
How much do you guys think the budget was for this game?

Yeah i get it, Sad reality i suppose. Each one comes with it's own caveats, The old style got stale, The action style nearly killed the series, And the FP mode didnt even allow PC owners to use the VR aspect.

Capcom are caught between a rock and a hard place. Cant please everyone.

I think they're going to do their darnedest to try. REmakes for the old school, FP RE8 for fans of the in your face horror, and Spinoff Revelations for the action gamers.

If they get their teams working at a good cadence (which they seem to be) then they can be releasing good stuff every year.. and making bank!

honest_ry

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Its the first AAA game i have ever bought digitally on day of release, because it was £44.99. I can imagine digital sales being pretty high.

(Are capcom changing the trend as DMC is this price also)

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
I'm gonna be super honest and say the game offers too little value at $60. A linear 12 hours game is a hard sell, no matter how good, in the age of longer games.

Still, it's gonna have enormous legs, specially as price cuts start coming. It's gonna be an ever green title.

I'd much prefer a 12-15 hour masterpiece to spending 30-50 hours in a game like Anthem. As I get older, I can buy whatever games I like, but don't have the time to play them all, so quality > quantity for me.

Having said that, when I was at school/university, I would massively value a game that took forever to play.

Its the first AAA game i have ever bought digitally on day of release, because it was £44.99. I can imagine digital sales being pretty high.

(Are capcom changing the trend as DMC is this price also)

This was big for me too. A lot of publishers have raised prices up to £59.99 which is crazy. It's why I hate UK pricing so much. In the US, everything is $60.