AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wait, you guys aren't really suggesting that a lack of RE2 back then on Xbox is playing a part in sales split or how the xbox sku is performing, right? Sure hope so because that'd be ridiculous. You could ever argue the exact opposite (that being their first experience with a new, AAA+ remake of an iconic Resident Evil game, hyped it even more to the Xbox-only UK players)... if not for the fact that, again, it's a RIDICULOUS spin.
I think it's more that Sony has been catering and forming an audience that buys single player story driven linear games for years now. The people that like those games jumped ship from 360 to PS4 long ago. It's not the only reason RE2 is doing disproportionately better on PS4 but it's one big reason, IMO.

Source: Tales of My Ass.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Literally every game in the UK sales is lower than the previous entry in a series .. not sure if it's just the UK physical sales market or what ..

Oct 26, 2017
So are people intentionally ignoring that RE7 was out on a Tuesday and RE2 was out on Friday or...?

Only cost 39.99 on Amazon and I got refunded 2.99 after it shipped!
Argos have it at £36.99, it's a crazy cheap game in the grand scheme of things. It's attitudes like the one you quoted that cause developers to cram their games full of bloat, I'd rather play a good game twice than a mediocre once for the same amount of hours.

Bigjig

Jun 4, 2018
I noted in the NPD thread today RE2s opening in the US was also a bit softer than what I was expecting.

It's still doing damn well, and will open larger than RE7. But I had really high expectations for it and it's not quite meeting them at least on console.

Still a great success though even if it's not quite as high as I thought it could hit

Similar PS4/Xbox split in the US?

-girgosz-

Aug 16, 2018
I have no doubt the game will do great WW but I'm really dissapointed in the UK sales. RE7 was an experimental divisive game. RE2 might have done a little better but this was one of the most hyped remakes in history so I predicted over 100k retail only. After 91 MC I didn't rule out 120k or even more. It's gonna be a tough year again for the UK market...

-girgosz-

Aug 16, 2018
I noted in the NPD thread today RE2s opening in the US was also a bit softer than what I was expecting.

It's still doing damn well, and will open larger than RE7. But I had really high expectations for it and it's not quite meeting them at least on console.

Still a great success though even if it's not quite as high as I thought it could hit

Thanks for the info. This sucks. I was expecting a mega-hit (not the Quantum Break kind). Hoping for great legs before price-cuts.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I have no doubt the game will do great WW but I'm really dissapointed in the UK sales. RE7 was an experimental divisive game. RE2 might have done a little better but this was one of the most hyped remakes in history so I predicted over 100k retail only. After 91 MC I didn't rule out 120k or even more. It's gonna be a tough year again for the UK market...
Yeah I think some of the backlash on RE7 is affecting Re2. It was Sooooooo hyped. Should've done much much better. But I think it should've been a bit cheaper too. It is still a remake after all. $40 would have been a good price for this I think.

-girgosz-

Aug 16, 2018
Yeah I think some of the backlash on RE7 is affecting Re2. It was Sooooooo hyped. Should've done much much better. But I think it should've been a bit cheaper too. It is still a remake after all. $40 would have been a good price for this I think.

It is not a full-priced game here in Europe. It is 45£ on the UK PS Store. Most big releases are 55-60£. It is around 25% cheaper than most AAA games Day 1 in my country too (Hungary) at retail. I don't really agree with you on the price part. This game has AAA written all over it. It has big production values, amazing graphics and it is lengthy for a horror game. It is also Remake of the most beloved main-entry of a huge franchise that had no problem selling at full-price before.

It is gonna do great no matter what but I expected better in the UK. Waiting for PR about WW sales now. 5 million first week WE DO IT

Oct 27, 2017
Congrats to Capcom, on my Claire B playthrough and this game captures everything I love about the series. Given time it may even usurp REmake which is one of my favourite games of all time. Intelligent level design, fantastic pacing etc. it is all here. Sales in line with what I stated in that thread about KH3 and RE2R sales.
I think KHIII will certainly see growth at the very least for the series and have the strongest sales in its history. RE2 I expect will be relatively in line with RE7 (although slightly better), despite not being a new numbered entry.
I expect it to have relatively good legs as well. The 74% PS4 split is significantly more than expected for me, I definitely thought about 60/40 for this one; KH3's split is gonna be bonkers.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
re2 seems to have solid word of mouth. plus,frankly, I think RE7 kind of left a bad taste, although some loved it.

KenobiLTS

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
I'm really ashamed of my country gamers.
Come on mates enough with bloody FIFA! Get your asses out and buy and try something new.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Similar PS4/Xbox split in the US?

I also noted in the NPD thread (before UK numbers released) that the split was very strong for PS4. So expect similar

Thanks for the info. This sucks. I was expecting a mega-hit (not the Quantum Break kind). Hoping for great legs before price-cuts.

Tbh it's a very strong launch. People should not be reading this as a poor result. It's honestly probably going to significantly outperform RE7 come NPD especially as the game has taken off on PC.

I'm just noting I had very aggressive expectations for its release and the console physical sales have been mildly underwhelming for me. But it's still overall a great performance and I'm certain Capcom is happy

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
re2 seems to have solid word of mouth. plus,frankly, I think RE7 kind of left a bad taste, although some loved it.
dtda6Xh.png

The Emperor

Oct 25, 2017
It's done fine. With digital it'll be a tad higher than RE7 which is great for not a new mainline title.

Next week is gonna be crazy. KH3 will have had almost a full week of tracking and I think is gonna do very very well. I think it will do 80% of FFXV's week 1

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
It's more than just a remake. This isn't SotC or Crash.
Aside from the anti-first person crowd I've seen little but love for RE7. Certainly the most positive reaction to a RE since RE4.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Would have bought it day 1 had it not been for the games I got for Christmas. Not much point buying games day 1 when you already have games to play. Especially since it will be cheaper in a couple months anyway. The digital only deluxe edition didn't help either.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Its cus like 400,000 people just watched it on twitch. Not sure why Capcom hands out copies early for twitch streams. Can't see how that helps sales. Unless anyone presents research and dats that says otherwise.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It is not a full-priced game here in Europe. It is 45£ on the UK PS Store. Most big releases are 55-60£. It is around 25% cheaper than most AAA games Day 1 in my country too (Hungary) at retail. I don't really agree with you on the price part. This game has AAA written all over it. It has big production values, amazing graphics and it is lengthy for a horror game. It is also Remake of the most beloved main-entry of a huge franchise that had no problem selling at full-price before.

It is gonna do great no matter what but I expected better in the UK. Waiting for PR about WW sales now. 5 million first week WE DO IT
OH wow. Didn't know that. So it couldn't top RE7 even at a discounted price? That paints an even bleaker picture.

And it's not the most beloved. No way. Re4 has that honor

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
I'm gonna be super honest and say the game offers too little value at $60. A linear 12 hours game is a hard sell, no matter how good, in the age of longer games.

Still, it's gonna have enormous legs, specially as price cuts start coming. It's gonna be an ever green title.
Lol

Game did insanely well and reviewed better than most games this gen.

TheZodiacAge

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Softer Numbers probably because of the upcoming KH3 which seems more important i guess.
Both Games will have the majority of its sales on the Playstation and not everyone has the time and money or reason to pick up both basically at the same time.

Btw with Tales of Vesperia some tried the Explanation(excuse) for the "huge" 8% split was that the Xbox People already played it on the 360 back then
Shouldn't then REmake 2 sell better on the Xbox now? :D

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe enough to see RE2 sell a few thousand copies more digitally. I don't think it's that big of a difference really for a game like this.
The importance of digital has been stressed time and time again for UK. We can't know for sure but I just feel like missing that portion of data mars any meaningful discussion on how a game has performed.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
Well it's still sold well, And will continue too. People was clamouring for this remake, and they got it with flying colours.

RE7 in VR is the greatest gaming experience this gen by far, Pancake TV version isn't the same in comparison.

Ronin1138

Banned
Jan 10, 2019
They should have went with fixed camera. Over the shoulder action RE has run its course.

Hopefully RE8 builds on what RE7 started more focus on isolation, scary horror, limited resources, puzzles, and tight storytelling.

Valdega

Banned
Sep 7, 2018
...this saddens me

I was pretty sure it would do better than RE7

As with all of these threads, I'll point out that UK retail sales comprise only a small portion of total sales. They don't account for digital or PC or sales in the much larger markets like the U.S.

Bottom line: UK retail isn't very relevant these days.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why does it seem like the PS4 split goes up by a few percentage points every year or so? I remembeer the 62 -38 percent(ish) splt being more common. 74% seems a little insane.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
They should have went with fixed camera. Over the shoulder action RE has run its course.

Hopefully RE8 builds on what RE7 started more focus on isolation, scary horror, limited resources, puzzles, and tight storytelling.

...RE2 is action RE?

They should have went with fixed camera that has more than ran it's course?

Deleted member 671

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

...REmake 2 isn't action horror. There's no melee, no way to block damage outside of secondary weapons (RE 7 had a block button, REmake 2 does not) enemies don't drop ammunition, there's limited resources, an emphasis on puzzles, zombies can take 6 to 10 headshots, you can't deal with Mr. X besides run from him, etc. OTS doesn't mean action.

Ronin1138

Banned
Jan 10, 2019
...REmake 2 isn't action horror. There's no melee, no way to block damage outside of secondary weapons (RE 7 had a block button, REmake 2 does not) enemies don't drop ammunition, there's limited resources, an emphasis on puzzles, zombies can take 6 to 10 headshots, you can't deal with Mr. X besides run from him, etc. OTS doesn't mean action.

In the original game you could down Mr.X and pickpocket him if you wanted to use enough ammo. After you left the room he would get up again and pay a visit later on. Is that not the case anymore?

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom actually releases sales numbers of their games, so very curious to see official numbers soon.

Oct 25, 2017
Tbh it's a very strong launch. People should not be reading this as a poor result. It's honestly probably going to significantly outperform RE7 come NPD especially as the game has taken off on PC.

I'm just noting I had very aggressive expectations for its release and the console physical sales have been mildly underwhelming for me. But it's still overall a great performance and I'm certain Capcom is happy

Does it touch RE5-RE6 launch NPD area or it is still far from it ?