• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
A bit random, but...

If there are any UKers on a fitness drive / losing weight, Iceland does a particularly impressive selection of meals from Slimming World and MyProtein that are surprisingly good. I've not tried them all yet, but of the ones I have tried, they've all been decently tasty for the macros. Given Iceland's reputation for being a cheap (shit?) frozen food vendor, I was very surprised.

Really refreshing to see Slimming World understanding that the key to decent "diet" food isn't just reducing fat (and maybe calories), but packing it chock full of protein. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't eat only that sort of thing, but it's nice to know you've got something in a freezer for when you can't be arsed (and might otherwise be tempted by a takeaway).

Jubilant Duck

Oct 21, 2022
Just got an anti-Sadiq Khan YouTube ad decrying his "obsession" with ULEZ regulation.
I haven't encountered such a nakedly opinionated political ad in years so in a way it was a fun novelty.

I don't live even close to London though, so lol.

cjelly

Oct 27, 2017
A bit random, but...

If there are any UKers on a fitness drive / losing weight, Iceland does a particularly impressive selection of meals from Slimming World and MyProtein that are surprisingly good. I've not tried them all yet, but of the ones I have tried, they've all been decently tasty for the macros. Given Iceland's reputation for being a cheap (shit?) frozen food vendor, I was very surprised.

Really refreshing to see Slimming World understanding that the key to decent "diet" food isn't just reducing fat (and maybe calories), but packing it chock full of protein. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't eat only that sort of thing, but it's nice to know you've got something in a freezer for when you can't be arsed (and might otherwise be tempted by a takeaway).
Just had a look, 500-550g is pretty good for one meal.

Tesco do some Gym Kitchen ones that are quite nice. They're only about £2.50 each but only 400g.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017

Tesco do some Gym Kitchen ones that are quite nice. They're only about £2.50 each but only 400g.
A lot of the Gym Kitchen ones are a more traditional style of fitness meal. Good macros, but sadly many taste like cardboard (and they're badly in need of seasoning / spice).

I had a Slimming World Beef Tagliatelle a few nights back, and was impressed by the sheer volume of it. Something like 500kcal, with 50g of protein, and left me decently full afterwards. Salt & Pepper Chicken Chow Mein was good too, with even lower calorie to protein ratio.

Edit - Best part is, Iceland do free (and fast) delivery. Went through their site last night working out the macros, and if I wanted I could have had the delivery turn up today (I went for tomorrow to save £2, lol).

Pick of the bunch for macros?

Though I'm yet to try any of those, so don't take that as a recommendation on taste!

Plum

May 31, 2018

Most ready meals are just way too small for me. I've tried having them before, but I always end up wanting or having something extra.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Good news: My internet is back online

Bad news: Speeds have been halved. Before, Steam downloads were 5.2MB/s, now they're 2.6MB/s.

You can never win with this shit

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
Most ready meals are just way too small for me. I've tried having them before, but I always end up wanting or having something extra.
For the small ones I'd generally just pad them out with a steam veg. Just throw it into the microwave at the same time and give them maybe 1m 30s more than you originally needed to.

DECK’ARD

Creator of Worms
Verified
Nov 26, 2017
UK
Thunder, lightning and a shit ton of hailstones here out of nowhere.

The weather has lost the plot lately.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Thunder, lightning and a shit ton of hailstones here out of nowhere.

The weather has lost the plot lately.
This happened yesterday and it was so bizarre. Just normal overcast day and then literally as if someone had emptied a swimming pool up in the sky. White out rain, barely see anything in front, hail. Like I know heavy rain but this was torrential. Then 5 minutes later stopped and normal overcast rest of the day. It was so sudden the water on the roads didn't have time to drain and just flooded. Wild.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Think I'm gonna move my broadband to Virgin. It's finally available in our area.

Only worry is the installation. Honestly have no idea how they'd do it, but I suppose they say it's available so they clearly think they can lol. Just have a sinking feeling that something might go wrong.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
You've just reminded me, those wankers at Octopus still haven't got back to me about this fucking meter installation (still don't have gas readings).

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Think I'm gonna move my broadband to Virgin. It's finally available in our area.

Only worry is the installation. Honestly have no idea how they'd do it, but I suppose they say it's available so they clearly think they can lol. Just have a sinking feeling that something might go wrong.

They'll run a cable to your house and need to drill through to the inside somewhere. Usually some flexibility - they ran ours up the side passage to come into the house at the side in our living room which was convenient for us.

Plum

May 31, 2018
They'll run a cable to your house and need to drill through to the inside somewhere. Usually some flexibility - they ran ours up the side passage to come into the house at the side in our living room which was convenient for us.
Thanks, though I was being a bit silly there with the worry. Turns out they did the whole 'digging up the pavement' thing last year, and I just forgot completely lol. My house has now got a Virgin Media outlet literally right in front of it, so all they'll need to do is route the cable through to where my current router is. Should be a fairly simple job for them.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
sniffing-robert-e-fuller.gif

smells like bullshit to me

OP
OP
It’s Time To Go
Dec 2, 2017
We should say F for lettuce liz who according to her book extracts was deeply unhappy that as prime minister she couldn't just nip out to the shops whenever she wanted.

Titantodd

May 3, 2023
We're all missing the big question from that front page, which is: What should the statue of Greg Wallace be made of, and where should it be placed? I'm thinking solid gold, and on the fourth plinth.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
We're all missing the big question from that front page, which is: What should the statue of Greg Wallace be made of, and where should it be placed? I'm thinking solid gold, and on the fourth plinth.

I think they should do all that, and put a big tarpaulin over it, and tell Greg his statue is ready, and arrange a big unveiling ceremony that Greg invites all his mates and family to, and then whip the tarpaulin off and
2oSt2IM.jpeg

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone here done inter-railing around the Nordics (or an alternate route)? I don't drive FWIW.

Considering it as a change of pace and thinking something like Tromso - Oslo - Stockholm - Gothenburg - Lund/Malmo - Copenhagen - Berlin, probably early/Mid-July for 10ish days all in.

Gothenburg and Lund/Malmo not absolutely necessary, and Lund/Malmo you can get to easiuly ona day triup from CPH.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
I think they should do all that, and put a big tarpaulin over it, and tell Greg his statue is ready, and arrange a big unveiling ceremony that Greg invites all his mates and family to, and then whip the tarpaulin off and
2oSt2IM.jpeg

What did Gregg Wallace do to hurt you :(