IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
This is literally one of the worst things I've ever read here, which says a lot given the utter trash that gets posted on this forum. It can't possibly be that Kate has experienced sexism on her life, has experienced harassment and God knows what else, and feels empathy and sadness for a woman who's been brutally murdered. No, it's clearly a conspiracy and a PR stunt.
She wasn't wearing a mask and alerted the press she'd be there. It was a stunt for the papers. Her visit to the vigil in the afternoon kept the story of women being wrestled and manhandled by the police at the same place from being on the front pages.

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
Fuck the police.

It's vile how Cressida Dick has only risen up in the ranks, despite being behind the murder of an innocent person.

Gal Dem called Keir a "wet wipe" and honestly I haven't seen a better moniker yet.
That's incredibly apt.

I was pro-Starmer prior to him being elected, but he has been absolutely useless thus far.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
some forces don't even have enough officers, and the Gov are going to propose that they sit around in pubs/clubs?

lol

Edit:

not to mention that it's still failing to address the wider issues

Last edited:

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
There isn't enough cops for that and you can't argue they aren't doing it because they will be undercover and not in uniform. Also, how the hell would that even work in practice.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
There isn't enough cops for that and you can't argue they aren't doing it because they will be undercover and not in uniform. Also, how the hell would that even work in practice.

Downing Street 'ideas room'

"...how about if we put undercover police in pubs/clubs to act as hidden security?"

"Forces won't have enough resources for that"

"Hey, if they're 'undercover' then nobody needs to actually see them - it'll almost be as if they aren't there - we just tell people they are there"

"Genius! Leak it to that chap at The Times"

My genuine expectation too.

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London

"...how about if we put undercover police in pubs/clubs to act as hidden security?"

"Hey, if they're 'undercover' then nobody needs to actually see them - it'll almost be as if they aren't there - we just tell people they are there"

That sounds about right.

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017

"And since they're undercover - if one of the violent ones does happen to kidnap and murder a young woman again (allegedly), at least it'll be all nice and legal now thanks to spycops!"