vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
From our resident Analyst. The Last of Us Part II is going to be a juggernaut.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Also TLoU was over 17 million just a little over a year ago, that's a +3 million increase.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
From this graph :
  • God of War 2 : 4,3 millions
  • God of War 3 (PS3) : 7,6 millions
  • God of War (PS4) : 10,9 millions
  • Uncharted 3 (PS3) : 9,2 millions
  • Uncharted 4 : 16,2 millions
  • TLOU (PS3) : 8,2 millions
  • TLOU (PS4) : 11,8 millions
Edit : GOW3 numbers didn't include Remastered, U3 didn't include Nathan Drake Collection

Last edited:

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
From this graph :
So these numbers are probably outdated now since that thread is from a few months ago?

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
From this graph :
Damn, the PS4 gave a massive boost to those series (all its entries being top tier quality doesn't hurt either).

Oct 30, 2017
Both are one of the greatest games Sony ever made.. totally deserve it they were excellent in every way.

TLOU2 will break sales record definitely.

I wish Sony could update us with their first party games sales numbers, why they have to keep them hidden from us?

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Both are one of the greatest games Sony ever made.. totally deserve it they were excellent in every way.

TLOU2 will break sales record definitely.

I wish Sony could update us with their first party games sales numbers, why they have to keep them hidden from us?
Outside of initial success at launch, they don't care much about announcing update numbers yeah.

We can see that it's not because they have poor numbers though, it's probably just company policy at this point I guess.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
1) Uncharted 4 is an amazing game and I'm happy to see it sell so well.

2) lol at anyone who thinks the Uncharted series won't continue on PS5 (under a new team).

3) also lol at anyone who thinks Sony is going to start offering their exclusives day one on a monthly subscription service.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One of the most impressive things last year was that both God of War and Spider-Man sold over 3 million copies in their first three days.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Oh nice. That will infuriate some Era posters.
"BUT WHAT"S SO GREAT ABOUT UNCHARTED?!??!? YOU GUYS HAVE POOR TASTE IN GAMES!!!!"

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
1) Uncharted 4 is an amazing game and I'm happy to see it sell so well.

2) lol at anyone who thinks the Uncharted series won't continue on PS5 (under a new team).

3) also lol at anyone who thinks Sony is going to start offering their exclusives day one on a monthly subscription service.
If it does continue under a new team maybe the quality or product as the series has come to be known will be observably different to the point that it adversely affects sales?

Also, is Naughty Dog only working on The Last of Us 2 or is there an untitled project in the works as well?

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Most people here are consumers, not investors

Consumers should be able to grasp the fact that these games are way too high in demand and value to ever be given away for a fiver on release day.

Xbox has most of it's heavy hitter franchises in a slump right now, they aren't remotely in the same position.They chose to bet big on subscriber money over actual sales, Sony has zero incentive to do the same.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah but those people talk as if they were investors. Go into any game pass /psnow thread where the same participants are saying Sony should put first party blockbusters on the service day one cause of "reasons", saying "Microsoft says they're first party games did better by being on their service at launch". Disney isn't going to release the next massive MCU film on Disney plus day and date, they'd be insane. Sony isn't going to release the next AAA game on a streaming service for 1/6th the price because it's going to be insane. Just from a logical point is crazy to miss out on day 1-180 sales.

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Good, both are amazing games so it's well deserved.

Ohri-Jin

Banned
Jul 11, 2019
The Netherlands
But I thought UC4 was at 17 mill??

Edit: well maybe I was confused there!
TLOU over 20 mill!! I could not be more proud of this achievement. Holy hell!!

botossi

Oct 27, 2017
Both great games! Of course, Uncharted will have my heart by miles, TLOU was a fantastic and emotional rollercoaster!

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
Happy for ND, its a great studio that makes great games.
Cant wait to see Uncharted 5. (with a new protagonist of course, I would love to see Chloe continue to be the main char after the great spinoff!)

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
I agree, but at the same time when some of us give reasons why Sony don't, it's still meet with yeah but...

It's like even tho I'm not an investor I get why Sony isn't cutting the price on the PS4. I dont know if critical thinking, context is the right thing but it's something that some ppl just overlook or just ignore.

Last edited: