jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
I constantly see Twitch streamers that aren't normally console gamers play The Last of Us for the first time in preparation for Part II because their chat constantly tells them to.

Game is going to be massive.

Shakerovic

Apr 26, 2019
No please how can people ask for more Uncharted?? It ended on a high note with UC4 (that prologue) and even on a higher note with the excellent standalone The Lost Legacy.

It is time to move on. Wouldn't want ND to stagnate and milk their stuff to oblivion till it is all dried up and shriveled....

No chance in hell Sony wouldn't make another Uncharted after selling this much, i just want it to be a reboot with new characters or a prequel with young Sully

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, and I thought of this tweet:

Times have definitely changed.

I wonder if he is embarrased By tweets like this now? Surely, halo 3 success could have been applauded without downplaying Sony's output.

Also I'm down for a pre-prequel with Sir Francis drake During some crazy pirate era in the 1500's or something (is that when pirates roamed?) really hope they change it up. I think the Indiana Jones schtick is getting worn out.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Aren't those numbers inflated since it was bundle with a ps4? I don't see how those should count. I know a few people that got the bundle and didn't even play or want UC4.

I don't see comments like this when people bring out games like Super Mario Bros. sales or Wii Sports which were heavily bundled. This last one with most consoles.
Suddenly it's an issue with Sony.

Oct 27, 2017
Sony had lots of success with new IPs so I hope they will give Uncharted some time to rest

I agree. I'm sure it will come back, partly because it seems silly not to and the series tends to deliver an experience that other games cannot replicate, but I hope they do give it a few years off and then come back with a slight shift in style, like the GoW reboot. I'm not sure exactly what I'd like that shift to be, but I'm not feeling very interested in playing a seventh game in the series along the same lines. That being said if they came back in say 2025 with a massive new sequel I'd be lying if I said I probably wouldn

Remember when people used to say Sony's first party games weren't really huge?
Now most of them are breaking the 10M copies sold and some reaching 20M. Amazing.

A handful of them are, but not "most" by a long shot.

Aren't those numbers inflated since it was bundle with a ps4? I don't see how those should count. I know a few people that got the bundle and didn't even play or want UC4.

Pretty much every major release gets bundled at some point in some capacity. I don't see why this should not count for some reason. And even if we discounted those bundled copies you'd probably still be looking at 12-13 million copies of UC4 sold standalone, which is still outstanding.

Mr_Antimatter

Oct 28, 2017
No chance in hell Sony wouldn't make another Uncharted after selling this much, i just want it to be a reboot with new characters or a prequel with young Sully

Uncharted Lost Legacy seemed to suggest they are looking at a more open world/open stage style game with Chloe and Nadine.

LL is beautiful and was actually quite fun to play, i'd totally but a full game staring the ladies.

Deleted member 9486

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uncharted Lost Legacy seemed to suggest they are looking at a more open world/open stage style game with Chloe and Nadine.

LL is beautiful and was actually quite fun to play, i'd totally but a full game staring the ladies.

Same, and while I'm generally sick of open world stuff, I'd be down for bigger open zones like that one chapter in Lost Legacy. It makes a lot of sense for a treasure hunting game like Uncharted. And it would be nice for the treasure to have some purpose beyond just being busy work for trophy hunters. i.e. tie it more to the plot, having to sell treasures for funds to do the next hunt, upgrade abilities etc.

Mr_Antimatter

Oct 28, 2017
Same, and while I'm generally sick of open world stuff, I'd be down for bigger open zones like that one chapter in Lost Legacy. It makes a lot of sense for a treasure hunting game like Uncharted. And it would be nice for the treasure to have some purpose beyond just being busy work for trophy hunters. i.e. tie it more to the plot, having to sell treasures for funds to do the next hunt, upgrade abilities etc.

That would be awesome actually. It would also make the games feel less on-rails, that is if exploration added more lore, plot, characterization, or various bonuses to gear/ability/etc.

ClydeBonFrog

Apr 17, 2018
I remember back then I was heavily listening to a lot of gaming podcast, like most of IGN's and stuff, and I just remember a lot of American Games Journalist carrying this narrative. They would only reference the 360's success in terms of NPD and not really the worldwide perspective. I'm American and I love America, but it did really feel like that whole generation there was this sort of jingoistic attitude towards reporting, everything was framed in an American perspective concerning the 360 and PS3, and they always seemed to downplay the worldwide success of the PS3. I don't really listen to gaming podcast now days, or really pay attention to the commentary, so I don't really have a good grasp as to if that attitude has changed.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Huge

Sony has seen huge 1st party success this gen. They're basically knocking on the door of Nintendo's quality and sales at this point.

Doesn't this apply to literally any bundled game?

Deleted member 9486

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That would be awesome actually. It would also make the games feel less on-rails, that is if exploration added more lore, plot, characterization, or various bonuses to gear/ability/etc.

Yep, it's one reason I've enjoyed the recent Tomb Raiders more than Uncharted. I have more incentive to take my time and explore the levels as their are upgrades to find, crafting mats needed to craft upgrades and ammo, lore things to find through audio logs.

Uncharted, I love, but I just blow through once for the story as I don't remotely care about trophies/achievements.

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know. Minecraft sold over 30mil just on PC. These are all impressive. Spider Man is most impressive to me because it hasn't been as cheap as Uncharted 4 or LoU games and it came out like last year.
Minecraft has been out much much longer and it is different type of game which is supported for longer. Comparison is terrible.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
You sure? Cuz I can't tell sometimes
Yeah, NPD like threads are so popular, movie sales threads as well.

I guess for consumers it's good to know when a IP or movie franchise you like did well, it gives hope for more like it. Shazam the movie didn't do so well even though I thought it was better than a lot of the Marvel movies, and I doubt Shazam 2, which they seem to have set up, will happen. Darla Dudley (the little girl character) stole the show, too bad she won't show up again. Maybe that movie was too scary at times, ah well.

Sony putting their games on PSNow at the start may end up turning out like Microsoft's current games. Microsoft usual games tend to have a big multiplayer focus, microtransactions heavy, different access (premium pass, poverty edition i.e. base game), things that make a game never end to keep subs renewed. It's not all of their games, but seemingly a big focus. Sony making tons of money on a few of their breakout games like this allow them to take risks on weird stuff like Tokyo Jungle, Puppeteer, Tearaway, Dreams, Concrete Jungle(? I will look this up), and TLOU.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Just came to say that TLL is the best UC in the franchise.

Continue.

🚶🏾‍♂️

giphy.gif

I .. kinda agree with this ..

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
I never said anything about Spiderman what are you faffing on about? I just replied back why your comparison with Minecraft with Uncharted is stupid.
God you can't put two and two together can you? Spider Man sold better than older games like Uncharted 4 and LoU (which is on 2 platforms while Spider Man is on 1). So stop getting upset when I acknowledged that these are phenomenal numbers for an IP but not anywhere near Minecraft's and PUBG. Its a fact. Dont make an argument out of it.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
From this graph :
  • God of War 2 : 4,3 millions
  • God of War 3 (PS3) : 7,6 millions
  • God of War (PS4) : 10,9 millions
  • Uncharted 3 (PS3) : 9,2 millions
  • Uncharted 4 : 16,2 millions
  • TLOU (PS3) : 8,2 millions
  • TLOU (PS4) : 11,8 millions
Edit : GOW3 numbers didn't include Remastered, U3 didn't include Nathan Drake Collection

Man. I know that Sony's big hitters aren't considered evergreen in the same way a Mario or Zelda game is... but it seems like their big hits actually kind of are

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
I remember back then I was heavily listening to a lot of gaming podcast, like most of IGN's and stuff, and I just remember a lot of American Games Journalist carrying this narrative. They would only reference the 360's success in terms of NPD and not really the worldwide perspective. I'm American and I love America, but it did really feel like that whole generation there was this sort of jingoistic attitude towards reporting, everything was framed in an American perspective concerning the 360 and PS3, and they always seemed to downplay the worldwide success of the PS3. I don't really listen to gaming podcast now days, or really pay attention to the commentary, so I don't really have a good grasp as to if that attitude has changed.
It has...everyone is gaming on PS4 because it's the more popular console this gen, all the talk is focused around what everyone is gaming on, I doubt itll change next gen either as it seems like a very traditional upgrade and digital library is much stronger than before. But it's a new gen, so who knows.

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God you can't put two and two together can you? Spider Man sold better than older games like Uncharted 4 and LoU (which is on 2 platforms while Spider Man is on 1). So stop getting upset when I acknowledged that these are phenomenal numbers for an IP but not anywhere near Minecraft's and PUBG. Its a fact. Dont make an argument out of it.
You can't get it through your thick skull why the Minecraft and pubg comparison with Uncharted 4 is dumb one can't you?

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
While some are celebrating Uncharted 4's rampant success, I ask that we consider for a moment how many poor saps bought a PS4 only to get stuck with a copy of the game when they had absolutely no interest in playing it. Drake murders without remorse in these games, and now he's piling up quite a body count when it comes to bundling victims.

pezzie

Oct 27, 2017
While some are celebrating Uncharted 4's rampant success, I ask that we consider for a moment how many poor saps bought a PS4 only to get stuck with a copy of the game when they had absolutely no interest in playing it. Drake murders without remorse in these games, and now he's piling up quite a body count when it comes to bundling victims.

I imagine a lot of people who got a bundled copy of a game they don't play probably turned around and sold it. It's what I did when I got the Uncharted collection bundled with my old PS4, and what I did with my copy of Destiny 2 when I got my PS4 Pro white bundle.

Pinku

Dec 21, 2017
Next Uncharted is going to be about older Nathan. Elena is dead and he has a strained relationship with his daughter. Either they set out on an unexpected adventure or Nathan have to come out of retirement to save her. Last half of the game they are together and so on. Meh something like that.

Phil me in

Nov 22, 2018
Last of us is an amazing game and sold very well. But let's be honest, in the USA for a number of years the game came bundled with a PS4, which is included in the sale figures.

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Next Uncharted is going to be about older Nathan. Elena is dead and he has a strained relationship with his daughter. Either they set out on an unexpected adventure or Nathan have to come out of retirement to save her. Last half of the game they are together and so on. Meh something like that.

Keep Elena alive and that will be a great game compared to anything else they could do.

Last of us is an amazing game and sold very well. But let's be honest, in the USA for a number of years the game came bundled with a PS4, which is included in the sale figures.

Ok? Sales a sale baby. Maybe people specifically bought that bundle because of the game 🤷🏾‍♂️