RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
In short, ND's last two main games (as TLL started off as DLC and remained a fairly small/contained adventure) have sold at least 36M copies combined, across two platforms (PS3+PS4).

Not too bad, I feel most studios would kill for this kind of performance.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Remember when people used to say Sony's first party games weren't really huge?
Now most of them are breaking the 10M copies sold and some reaching 20M. Amazing.

Nestunt

Oct 27, 2017
Porto, Portugal
I have to replay Uncharted 4.

At the time, I was a bit disappointed. But, the more I think about that game, the more I crave those moments again.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
UC4 is the best UC, so it's fitting that is the best selling one too.
Also let's hope they continue the series. With Nathan Drake.

Solace

Dog's Best Friend
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Well, it's official then, U4 is Sony's biggest first-party game ever.

Ohri-Jin

Banned
Jul 11, 2019
The Netherlands
No please how can people ask for more Uncharted?? It ended on a high note with UC4 (that prologue) and even on a higher note with the excellent standalone The Lost Legacy.

It is time to move on. Wouldn't want ND to stagnate and milk their stuff to oblivion till it is all dried up and shriveled....

Oct 30, 2017
Well hit damn, UC4 is Sony's biggest PS4 title.

Such a fantastic game.

Back in the day the only IP that hit 10 million was Gran Turismo but between Spider-Man, God Of War, Uncharted 4, and Horizon, that's near 50 million sold right there on PS4.

Colfari

#TeamThierry
Nov 13, 2017
Germany
UC4 is the best UC, so it's fitting that is the best selling one too.
Also let's hope they continue the series. With Nathan Drake.
I actually hope they continue without Nathan, the ending was perfect in UC4, so I hope that maybe Cassie will carry the torch (maybe Nathan in kind of a Scully role?)? Would love that, also love Kaitlyn Dever, she is great, everyone should watch Unbelievable on Netflix.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Aren't those numbers inflated since it was bundle with a ps4? I don't see how those should count. I know a few people that got the bundle and didn't even play or want UC4.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Wow killer results. Sony putting up Nintendo numbers. This gen has really seen them come into their own.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
I actually hope they continue without Nathan, the ending was perfect in UC4, so I hope that maybe Cassie will carry the torch (maybe Nathan in kind of a Scully role?)? Would love that, also love Kaitlyn Dever, she is great, everyone should watch Unbelievable on Netflix.
For mr UC is Nathan Drake. It would be so weird to play without him.
Probably one of the reasons why i didn't love TLL like most did.

Wagram

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
And this kid's is exactly why it makes no sense to put your first party games on a free service day and date.

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully whoever develops Uncharted 5 next gen can maintain the quality of the series. Wouldn't mind Amy coming back either.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
Sony had lots of success with new IPs so I hope they will give Uncharted some time to rest
When you say rest how long do you have in mind?

Because right now it would seem there is going to be at least a 4 year gap between Uncharted releases, assuming a new game comes out in 2021, and even that might be optimistic.

Oct 25, 2017
That's a lot of copies.

I don't think it's common to see remasters selling more than the original releases, is it? Pretty crazy how much The Last of Us sold on PS4.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
For mr UC is Nathan Drake. It would be so weird to play without him.
Probably one of the reasons why i didn't love TLL like most did.

I actually agree that Uncharted is Nathan Drake. However, I absolutely loved The Lost Legacy.

This is because the game still existed in the world of Nathan Drake, they spoke about him, and of course his brother Sam was heavily involved.

I just don't see how you continue to series with Drake unfortunately. They've already shown his past many times so prequels are out. It'd be too complicated to try and weave through the existing lore while not disturbing anything. And they've already shown his future so sequels are out. Unless you're telling me old man, white-haired Drake is gonna strap up the shoulder holsters for one more go.

I hate it, but I think we've seen the last of Nathan as the main character. Damn shame too. That said, if I trust anyone, it's the Naughty Gods and whatever they have up their sleeve, even if they don't even know yet lol.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Side note, I'd imagine when all is said and done UC4 will hit over 20m, and several PS4 exclusives will be above 15m, which is insane, given their previous best selling exclusive in all of PlayStations history was Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec at 14.89m.

Lokimaster

Alt Account
Banned
May 12, 2019
My GAWD!!
Naughty Dog are BEAST when it comes to gaming.
Good to see fantastic games sell well!

Savinowned

Oct 25, 2017
Nashville, TN
I didn't even think of this till now but it would be so rad to see Amy come back to bring a fresh new cast to Uncharted 5. Maybe even do like a small time jump and have Nate's daughter and her friends go on an adventure

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
If you are a smart consumer you wish that the company you love makes the best descisions business wise so that they can continue making the games you love.

That's not how people view smart consumers unfortunately. Whoever gets the best deal and screws over the market are the ones who are by societal reasoning's, especially in capitalism.

Also consumers on this forum over analysts? People don't say squat about Nintendo never dropping their prices. What is this double standard when its discussing "gamepass" related topics?

This is great news but I do see the point of some people pointing out Concrete Genie. Disney don't release everything to the theaters so by that logic maybe smaller games could come to PS Now from day one and big AAA titles remain tent-pole games.

Also means both Uncharted 4 and The Last of Us surpassed GT3 as Sony's highest selling games. I remember the memes of how Sony games don't sell from early last generation and they'd never get a Gears or Halo "killer". Spider-Man, God of War and Horizon all sold 10m+ as well. GT Sport sold 8m. Sony is on fire this generation with Nintendo like numbers.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
There's no chance we don't get an uncharted 5 on the ps5. We'll prob get a lost Legacy size game later in the gen too.

Mr_F_Snowman

Oct 27, 2017
Yes Sony, Yes SALES.
This is exactly why they shouldn't pull "gamepass".

Certainly not day one. I don't see why they wouldn't consider a one year or 18 month delay considering by then you're retail price is very low anyway.

Although legacy sales are good like we see here the revenue is not great compared to a recurring $5-10 a month from the likes of PS Now / Gamepass. Be interesting to see how they approach it next gen now we're already seeing them experiment with God Of War and Uncharted 4 on PS Now with its revised pricing

Nov 8, 2017
It's nice to see such amazing games selling so well. Usually when I see best selling games lists I shake my head at what games are the most popular but this is one I can really enjoy for a change. Sony has had one hell of a great generation so far and there's more yet to come.