• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Those are lovely. I want Fragile's jacket IRL too.

I knew I recognised Errolson Hugh!

cbqb3mr232y31.jpg

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
Hahaha

That is hideous. Awful. Lol. At least the good thing is at that price no one will buy it

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Into the one without the yellow pouch quite a lot. Too bad it's more than my rent in one of the most expensive cities in the US. I am consistently worried about fashion threads on Era though.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
The big yellow pocket is a nice place to gather some rain water for when you get thirsty.

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
Super sick. Just checked out the rest of their stuff and I really dig them. Time to save up lol

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
I like the colour-scheme, but the pouch on the front and straps look silly. Remove those and you've got a pretty cool jacket!

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
Cheap anorak lmao. Read up on the materials used and the egineering compared to other "cheap" anoraks.
It's not like ACRNM "engineered" Gore-Tex Pro.
I can get a North Face Gore-Tex Pro jacket for 1/7th what this costs. NikeLab ACG Gore-Tex jackets can be picked up for 1/10, if you're looking for more of a techwear fit (including the front pouch).

Now I'm sure that the details of the ACRNM jacket are going to be better than either of those, and obviously it's cut for a specific look.
But you're paying for fashion, not engineering and materials.

Feb 4, 2018
I actually like the idea of the yellow pouch, I just wish it was a bit darker? doesn't matter what i think anyway, i'd never buy a jacket for 1.8k lol

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You should really read up on what elevates ACRONYM from your average Old Navy/Uniqlo/GAP piece of clothing.

www.gq.com

Acronym Designer Errolson Hugh Sees the Future

The man behind Acronym—the cutting-edge fashion coveted by legions of fans like John Mayer and sci-fi wizards like William Gibson—is making clothes for the end of the world.

To give you an idea of how Acronym approaches making stuff, let's look at something real boring and basic.
Consider the pocket.

How do you go about designing what, when examined through a narrow technical lens, might be the single best pants pocket in the history of humankind? A pocket that could open a wormhole into new forms of stuff-holding?

First you consider what a wearer would keep in there: wallet, keys, phone, maybe a Juul. You cut the pocket larger and deeper than most—say, out of a sturdy Swiss mil-spec material resistant to abrasion. (Given the company's advanced reputation, Acronym's construction methods are pretty old-school: It uses scissors, rather than laser cutters or anything like that, which is mostly a function of how small the production runs are.) And then you consider how those elements might interact inside the pocket. The keys are a problem because they'll scratch your shit up. So to optimize how everything sits in there, you cut the bottom at an angle.

This results in a pocket that, as Errolson explains it, is a "parallelogram versus a rectangle, which means that no matter what you put inside it"—keys, coins, etc.—"it always rolls to the front." Then, to further index the wearer's essentials, you add a few interior linings, creating a little mezzanine with a phone-specific pocket hidden inside another pocket inside another pocket, a matryoshka doll of divvied stuff. It's augmentative, in a way. Makes you feel like a cyborg.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
It's not like ACRNM "engineered" Gore-Tex Pro.
I can get a North Face Gore-Tex Pro jacket for 1/7th what this costs. NikeLab ACG Gore-Tex jackets can be picked up for 1/10, if you're looking for more of a techwear fit (including the front pouch).

Now I'm sure that the details of the ACRNM jacket are going to be better than either of those, and obviously it's cut for a specific look.
But you're paying for fashion, not engineering and materials.

I mean making of the actual piece of clothing and as well as the materials used like you mentioned.

But yeah, it's definitely paying a premium for fashion, brand, and overall clout of wearing acronym stuff

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
1750 euros? lmao imagine paying even half that much on a dumb raincoat.
Whoever buys that is an idiot

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I dare somebody here to buy this, wear this in public, and to take photos.

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
Not blaming anybody for not knowing Acronym or calling out the price, but calling this straight out hideous just sort of gives away how ignorant you are about fashion.