• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
The US needs to call this for what it is-- the President killing foreign leaders in order to start a war to distract from his impeachment and prolong his time in office under the belief that Americans won't vote out a war time President.

Fuck him. Vote him out and be rid of this orange piece of shit.

sprsk

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Iran is dumb enough to attack US bases. There of course will be some kind of response, but attacking an entire US base would cause a response back that I don't think Iran wants.

At this point all Iran has to do is wait for Trump to pull his itchy trigger finger and bomb some sort of place in Iran itself. Not that this event on its own isn't enough to declare a war.

Deleted member 41502

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 28, 2018
Its hard to believe that we had a fucking nuclear deterrent treaty in place with these guys just a few years ago and then we threw it all away because everyone wanted to look smarter than Obama.

mhi

Jun 11, 2018
They want Trump in the White House for the sole purpose of destabilizing the US presence in the middle east. Iran is doing exactly what Russia would like it to do - picking fights with the US to prompt counter-strikes that only destabilize regions more than they already are.

if Iran is content being a proxy for Russia, at the cost of being made to look weak in its own region and area of influence then so be it. One would imagine they have more pride than that with how they talk, but international politics are always fluid.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Not condoning this action but with family members in the military, I will definitely have to support them. Unfortunate situation done by a bad leader in the USA.

Posting a seemingly excited anime gif combine with your post was chilling.

Signing up to "support" your family in the army is probably the saddest thing I will read in 2020

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not condoning this action but as family members in the military, I will definitely have to support them. Unfortunate situation done by a bad leader in the USA.
I served in the military, I've been to war, I don't think you're supporting soldiers if you're rooting for war.

Oct 27, 2017
The US needs to call this for what it is-- the President killing foreign leaders in order to start a war to distract from his impeachment and prolong his time in office under the belief that Americans won't vote out a war time President.

But after he leaves office then what? Is Bernie Sanders gonna say 'oops our bad that was the other guy, everything cool with me right?'

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Not condoning this action but with family members in the military, I will definitely have to support them. Unfortunate situation done by a bad leader in the USA.
Maybe next time actually just say this as opposed to posting a gif from an anime where the protagonist is a sociopath?

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Why would we expect the US to call out the thing its been doing repeatedly since our first tour in the middle east? Its a feature not a hitch in the system.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I'd make some snappy comment about World War 3 but I'm legit shaken.
At a bare minimum this is going to result in innocent Iranian civilians losing their lives because the US decided to play world police. And that's bad enough. But it could realistically be so much worse for so many more people.

Last edited:

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not condoning this action but with family members in the military, I will definitely have to support them on the field if necessary. Unfortunate situation done by a bad leader in the USA.

Nobody fucking cares. People with attitudes like you are exactly why innocents have been getting killed for the last thirty years.

Depths

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine tweeting the American flag as some sort of victory spray or tea bag in a video game. Like you didn't just fuck up shit for a bunch of people.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Foreign policy doesn't erase the strategic and tactical realities of waging war in that region. You think HW, Clinton, Dubya, and Obama didn't drop bombs ?

like i said it really doesn't matter if the united states quote-unquote wins or not, the united states will come out largely unscathed while iran has its cities reduced to rubble and millions of lives destroyed.

Somnia

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
The gang of eight were apparently not informed this was happening?

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Sorry, but did your goverment just said they killed this guy?
Is it common in US politics? I'm not american but what the hell

Oct 28, 2017
Good thing we have an egomaniacal half wit and a corrupt administration to guide us through this quagmire of their own making.

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018
Why are people joking around with war? Why is everyone assuming war in this day and age would be easy for any country? First of all im afraid for all the families whose children will go to war from both countries.

Second; terrorism. Passenger airlines especially are not going to be safe. See what happened in krimea with Russia.

No one wins in war. Its sad as a human species we will never outgrow it.

Castor Archer

Jan 8, 2019
The fact that the only communication from our "president" about this major escalation was a fuckin low-res image of the flag actually made me cry a little. Where the hell are we as a society. RIP to the future victims who will die pointlessly.

Avinash117

Oct 25, 2017
There is no way that Iran wouldn't respond. This guy was extremely important during the conflicts in Syria and Iraq. I really hope this doesn't result in some war, but with Trump anything is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.