Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
Jumping in AND naming Abrams as his running mate? That is a fucking power move and it will most likely work as well.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Picking a VP immediately before any of the voting starts sounds like a surefire way to get the entire rest of the field to gang up on your ass for getting way too far ahead of yourself.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry, but I don't like the idea of Abrams being VP.

Because of the Senate, mostly, but also because she'd be serving under an octogenarian president.

I don't think she's experienced enough. Minority leader of the GA house is not sufficient preparation to be president. If we all acknowledge that Mayor Pete isn't really qualified, we can't pretend she is, either.
Picking a VP immediately before any of the voting starts sounds like a surefire way to get the entire rest of the field to gang up on your ass for getting way too far ahead of yourself.
It's also a little dumb on her part because if he loses, she goes down with him, and then she really can't run for the Senate.

Crepuscular

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
after listening to everyone in the media (as well as most people I talked to in real life/online) complaining about how "arrogant" Hillary was in 2015/16 and how she acted like she just DESERVED the nomination ... Biden will announce a VP along with his campaign announcement and won't get 1% of the criticism. Maddening.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Twist we'll learn about in 10 years: She was in on the 2016 DNC chaos the whole time at the behest of outside actors. I'm only half-kidding here. No shock revelation about the 2016 campaign would surprise me anymore.
It seems really dumb for her to do this. Fox News doesn't want left-leaning voices in the interest of balance, they want public figures their viewership has already been primed to dislike in order to whip them into a frenzy. It'd be like MSNBC hiring Ben Shapiro.
$$$$$$$$$$$

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, Biden/Ryan. The Comedy Ticket.

tumblr_mbrdf3BQbY1rqj38io1_500.gif

after listening to everyone in the media (as well as most people I talked to in real life/online) complaining about how "arrogant" Hillary was in 2015/16 and how she acted like she just DESERVED the nomination ... Biden will announce a VP along with his campaign announcement and won't get 1% of the criticism. Maddening.
Truth.

Oct 25, 2017
It seems really dumb for her to do this. Fox News doesn't want left-leaning voices in the interest of balance, they want public figures their viewership has already been primed to dislike in order to whip them into a frenzy. It'd be like MSNBC hiring Ben Shapiro.

She knows exactly what Fox wants from her and is perfectly willing to sell it to them for the right price.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
There's a ton of odd suing going on right now. I wonder why.

I don't like this one. ME was one of the "gimmes" next year and yet...is there better than this to send that conspiracy-theory-as-senate-speaker home?

Breaking on CNN: Trumps lawyers want to exert executive privilege over the Mueller report.

You scared boy? Cuz you sound scared.

Maybe those rumors are...true.

I'm sorry, but I don't like the idea of Abrams being VP.

Because of the Senate, mostly, but also because she'd be serving under an octogenarian president.

I don't think she's experienced enough. Minority leader of the GA house is not sufficient preparation to be president. If we all acknowledge that Mayor Pete isn't really qualified, we can't pretend she is, either.

It's also a little dumb on her part because if he loses, she goes down with him, and then she really can't run for the Senate.

And like with ME, it's the Senate. A strong candidate like her downballot of X presidential candidate is snatching EVs and making the GOP cover GA in addition to TX.

Didn't Brazile tweet just weeks after the 2016 election that she was having a great time at a far-right-leaning conference?

She's setting off all kinds of yellow alerts...or more likely she's just dumb (and given the performance of the DNC under her help...yeah).

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
So, to distract from the primary, here's some interesting things going on tomorrow to keep track of:

Trump emoluments arguments where we should see Trump get stomped. Complete immunity? LMAO:

Tuesday's argument in the 4th Circuit should clear the path for AGs of Md and DC to continue the Emoluments Clause suit against President Trump that Federal Judge Peter Messitte green-lighted in July. Trump's claim of absolute immunity should be rejected

This should be a great one - get to see (redacted) materials that led to Cohen's warrant and raid. Considering the massive amounts of evidence they'd need to raid the personal lawyer of the president, we should see some curious shit even if it's half redacted.

Federal judge presiding over Michael Cohen's case in New York has ordered that redacted copies of the search warrant materials be made public tomorrow. Cohen's home, office, and safety deposit box were searched last April.

And tomorrow is also the deadline for the argument of keeping Epstein case documents sealed. And given everything recent and past with this case, I fully expect no good argument to be given for keeping this mockery of justice sealed.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Given the amount of money trump is stealing from the govt between maralago trips and bribes from foreign visitors to his hotel, donating $400k per year is actually pretty insulting.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

>

Michelle Kosinski @MichLKosinski

Now: The State Department won't release any transcript of Pompeo's briefing with "faith-based media only," nor a list of who was invited, who attended, and whether a range of faiths was included.

9:54 PM - Mar 18, 2019

State Department bars press corps from Pompeo briefing, won't release list of attendees @CNNPolitics https://cnn.it/2TUKPvX

10:23 PM - Mar 18, 2019

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
So you are telling me that Stacey Abrams, who could be the governor of Georgia, a powerful executive position which would give her the experience and platform to run for president ... is going to play second fiddle to Biden? She's going to not even try for a 2020 run, but instead jump straight to a joke of a position, whose only real function is to wait for the president to kick the bucket? Bullshit. No one runs to be VP and only 5 VPs have later been elected president.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
So you are telling me that Stacey Abrams, who could be the governor of Georgia, a powerful executive position which would give her the experience and platform to run for president ... is going to play second fiddle to Biden? She's going to not even try for a 2020 run, but instead jump straight to a joke of a position, whose only real function is to wait for the president to kick the bucket? Bullshit. No one runs to be VP and only 5 VPs have later been elected president.

Well, Biden would be the sixth......

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Brad Parscale @parscale

We all know that @realDonaldTrump turned down Mr. Kellyanne Conway for a job he desperately wanted. He barely worked @TheJusticeDept and was either fired/quit, didn't want the scrutiny? Now he hurts his wife because he is jealous of her success. POTUS doesn't even know him!

10:12 PM - Mar 18, 2019

Kyle Griffin @kylegriffin1

The president's campaign manager is attacking the husband of one of the president's senior aides after he suggested the president was in mental decline. Just a regular Monday night.

10:25 PM - Mar 18, 2019

Oct 27, 2017
>

Now: The State Department won't release any transcript of Pompeo's briefing with "faith-based media only," nor a list of who was invited, who attended, and whether a range of faiths was included.

9:54 PM - Mar 18, 2019

State Department bars press corps from Pompeo briefing, won't release list of attendees @CNNPolitics https://cnn.it/2TUKPvX

10:23 PM - Mar 18, 2019

With such close proximity in time to the NZ attacks, this is very disturbing.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Biden picking Abrams early would be annoying as hell but I won't deny my inner political melodrama nerd wouldn't be just exploding.

Governor would be a more significant position in practice, but VP is waaay more visible.

I mean think about it - the only reason we're even talking about Biden is because he was VP.

Status
Not open for further replies.