• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Ogodei

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Manning clearly isn't well. While she is in this of her own accord I kind of feel like the prosecutors should just let her go. She's not going to talk and it's likely that some in the federal LEO community still have an axe to grind with her.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Holy fuck how is there not more news about this? They're really going for it

On Tuesday, Alabama representative Terri Collins proposed legislation that would make performing abortions at any point during a woman's pregnancy, including in cases of rape and incest, a felony. The only exception, per the bill, is if foregoing the procedure would pose a "a serious health risk to the unborn child's mother." Put proudly by Collins, the bill "simply criminalizes abortions."

https://www.thecut.com/2019/04/alabama-lawmakers-want-to-make-abortion-a-felony.html

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't shit like that get brought up in deep red State Houses pretty regularly?

If it does, it doesn't pass. This is cosponsored by over half the statehouse. I guess we'll see what happens.

In other news, director of ICE has been withdrawn

Also, Jeff Flake has been getting credible death threats from trump supporters.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
is calling aoc a secret muslim the new conspiracy talking point?

We head to Oct. 2020: "INSERT CANDIDATE IS THE AOC CANDIDATE FOR SOCIALMALISMS"

Manning clearly isn't well. While she is in this of her own accord I kind of feel like the prosecutors should just let her go. She's not going to talk and it's likely that some in the federal LEO community still have an axe to grind with her.

That just makes what she knows all the juicier, not to mention the thought that Obama let her go for this reason.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
The Georgia 'heartbeat bill' (bans all abortions after six weeks) did pass both state houses, a week or two ago. It awaits the Governor's signature.

Drakeon

Oct 25, 2017

You're gonna need a mental health diagnosis and unless that comes back not competent (it won't). She's gonna sit her butt in jail until she decides to talk to the Grand jury. She has the power to get out whenever she wants. Part of me thinks she likes being a Martyr.

Oct 7, 2018
USA
Yeah I know it may sound harsh but Manning has nobody but herself to blame for the situation all she has to do is simply answer the questions.

I'm sure she doesn't like being in jail but I don't doubt for one minute that she is enjoying her name being back in the spotlight and I think that is contributing to her refusal to cooperate.

There is literally zero upside to her not cooperating other than getting her name back in the news so I have to assume at this point that's why she's doing this.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah those near zero votes are totally who the Dems should focus on.
Lol I didn't say focus on those fuckers
I think we all know that the amount of actual Republicans who will vote Dem in 2020 is pretty small to nil but that doesn't account for a fairly significant number of Obama/Trump voters. They likely self identify as independents but for my sake, and probably for MetalGearZed sake, they may as well be Republicans if they pushed that button for Trump. I don't want to put words in Zeds mouth but I'm pretty sure he's referring to these people when he says Biden is likely to garner more republican votes than any other candidate in 2020. I also think he was just making an observation, not a judgement call on whether or not we should seek them out, or nominate the candidate most likely to pick up those votes

Iloelemen

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I know it may sound harsh but Manning has nobody but herself to blame for the situation all she has to do is simply answer the questions.

I'm sure she doesn't like being in jail but I don't doubt for one minute that she is enjoying her name being back in the spotlight and I think that is contributing to her refusal to cooperate.

There is literally zero upside to her not cooperating other than getting her name back in the news so I have to assume at this point that's why she's doing this.

Wow, what a problematic and tone-deaf thing to say to a Transwoman who got tortured. Is she cancelled?

Sugaree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
Wow, what a problematic and tone-deaf thing to say to a Transwoman who got tortured. Is she cancelled?

So because she is trans its ok for her to break the law? Uh ok. Sorry but anyone who pals around with neo nazis and defends Assange can fuck right off.

OmniOne

Oct 25, 2017

"I'm not running for President just to talk about making real, structural change. I'm serious about getting it done. And part of getting it done means waking up to the reality of the United States Senate," Warren will say according to excerpts of her speech.
The speech is at the National Action Conference in Manhattan. Warren will argue the 60 vote supermajority to move legislation has been used as a tool to block racial justice

Link

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) is expected to issue the strongest indictment of the Senate filibuster of her campaign for president thus far during a speech at the National Action Network convention on Friday morning.

"Last year the Senate passed a bill that would make lynching a federal crime," Warren will say, according to prepared remarks viewed by The Daily Beast. "Last year. In 2018. Do you know when the first bill to make lynching a federal crime was introduced? 1918. One hundred years ago. And it nearly became the law back then. It passed the House in 1922. But it got killed in the Senate—by a filibuster. And then it got killed again. And again. And again. More than 200 times. An entire century of obstruction because a small group of racists stopped the entire nation from doing what was right."

Warren goes on to say that the filibuster has been used in recent years "by the far right as a tool to block progress on everything."

"I've only served one term in the Senate—but I've seen what's happening," she says, according to the remarks. "We all saw what they did to President Obama. I've watched Republicans abuse the rules when they're out of power, then turn around and blow off the rules when they're in power."

"When Democrats next have power, we should be bold and clear: We're done with two sets of rules—one for the Republicans and one for the Democrats."
— Elizabeth Warren

Daily Beast Story

I think this would make Warren the first of the main candidates to move to support this position.

Last edited:

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
Warren doing everything right.

Mike Pompeo on CBS was asked about the Saudi nuclear reactor and deflected by saying basically "at least were not doing it like Obama did with Iran!!!" Fucking seriously?

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017

Hopefully Democrats aren't stupid enough to fall right into this bait and line of attack.

they probably will

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Trump going after dead people is going to come in handy for the day when he's no longer with us and I shit all over him.

Status
Not open for further replies.