• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
What annoys me is the only thing you all talk about when it comes to Bernie is a subset of his fans being annoying or an employee of his have a "bad look" of some sort. Like that's the only thing you need to endlessly hate on him. It's as if it doesn't matter that he's clearly trying to shift the party and the nation as a whole into talking about doing more to help people, and has clearly succeeded to some extent. Optics and grudges do nothing to make people's lives better, and it's really annoying me how it feels like that's all you care about.

I find it incredibly shallow and petty to outright hate on Bernie while liking Warren, and I think the same in reverse. The difference is I don't need to search through twitter to find the examples of that when it's right here on this thread every day.

SwordsmanofS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I get the weirdest sense that Warren is peaking early, and it's only downhill from here. Like, I want her to do well, but there's something telling me no.

She's surging in polls now. But just about all the major candidates have surged in polls at some point. I can't help but feel like she's having her time in the sun before people focus on someone else. We're so far out from the Iowa caucus. So much time for someone to catch fire.

It's the reason so many 'nobodies' are bothering to enter. If you catch fire in Oct/Nov/Dec then you are in prime position.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
I get the weirdest sense that Warren is peaking early, and it's only downhill from here. Like, I want her to do well, but there's something telling me no.

She's surging in polls now. But just about all the major candidates have surged in polls at some point. I can't help but feel like she's having her time in the sun before people focus on someone else. We're so far out from the Iowa caucus. So much time for someone to catch fire.

It's the reason so many 'nobodies' are bothering to enter. If you catch fire in Oct/Nov/Dec then you are in prime position.
Well, we're less than 4 weeks from the first monthly debates. With the doubling of requirements starting in September, a lot of people will start to not qualify and start to drop out. Hopefully those able to do a proper Senate campaign will choose to.

If Warren and Biden are on the same night, and she's able to go hard on him, her lead will only grow.

Warren 2020
"I've got a plan for that."

e:

Very glad about the resurgence of throwing drinks at politicians.

Last edited:

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I feel like fate is grooming Warren, preparing her to be the blade that cuts Biden down.

Gosh, that first debate...I really think it's going to make Christie vs Rubio look timid in comparison.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't see any way for Pete to expand beyond the highly educated white people lane he's already cultivated.
I'm less concerned about the highly educated part, I think it's at least in part a feature of his relatively low name recognition still. As in, the higher educated you are the more likely you're paying attention to the process and the candidates at this early stage. And he's doing okay with Hispanics in the state polls I've seen, it's the black vote that'll be the big question mark.

But it's worth keeping in mind it took Obama a good while to make significant inroads. Clinton lead Obama 40-27 in SC in November 2007 and it wasn't really until he won Iowa in early January that he pulled ahead of Clinton in the polls and ended up winning the primary in late January with an even bigger margin (55-27).

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like fate is grooming Warren, preparing her to be the blade that cuts Biden down.

Gosh, that first debate...I really think it's going to make Christie vs Rubio look timid in comparison.
I don't think you want a blade going after Biden (or Sanders). I think you want a kamikaze pilot, and I don't want Warren to be that. Let Gillibrand finally do something of note this primary.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
Well, we're less than 4 weeks from the first monthly debates. With the doubling of requirements starting in September, a lot of people will start to not qualify and start to drop out. Hopefully those able to do a proper Senate campaign will choose to.

If Warren and Biden are on the same night, and she's able to go hard on him, her lead will only grow.

Warren 2020
"I've got a plan for that."

e:

Was he trying to drive away in a final fantasy V car?

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

tenor.gif

I don't think you want a blade going after Biden (or Sanders). I think you want a kamikaze pilot, and I don't want Warren to be that. Let Gillibrand finally do something of note this primary.
Gillibrand is useless. I don't think she'll do it.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, we know two things now from this. Harris didn't have Secret Service protection yet (unlike Pete) and she'll be getting it this week.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
^ Why is there no security in general? Or what's with the slow ass response from the stage crew?

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
"White guys are becoming woke."

Although I think Castro showed him up afterwards by bullet-pointing his Criminal Justice reform, which got two standing ovations.

Last edited:

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017

We need a do over on this one. Bad angle, not enough coverage.

Well, we know two things now from this. Harris didn't have Secret Service protection yet (unlike Pete) and she'll be getting it this week.

WTF. Kudos to Karine, who doesn't take shit from anybody.

P.S. Anyone who wants to point out the irony of my reactions to these two situations, don't bother. I truly don't give a fuck.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
Milkshaking has finally made it across the pond! The future is a magical place

I hope people are helping get out ahead of the inevitable mewling messaging of "ASSAULT" this fuckstick is headed for doing.

Was he trying to drive away in a final fantasy V car?

Probably, he's had...*puts on shades* too much to drink *YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH*

Happy Pride Month, everyone! We now go to Ric Grenell for comment ...

giphy.gif

Grennells clan is Clan Criminal Dirtbag, same as the slew of people hanging tough with people they'd "hate" and people who never deem fit to defend "their" clans.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why doesn't she have SS protection? What is the criteria?
Pete got it early because of threats made against him. At some point in the campaign any frontrunner will get it.

Found an article on it- https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/pre...protection-factors-analysis/story?id=62513154

Looks like it's required with 120 days out from the general election. But the Secret Service will step in earlier if there are threats. It costs a campaign ~40K a day. If it's due to threats I suspect that might be waived.

In the 2016 presidential election, out of the over 20 candidates in the primaries, only Donald Trump, Ben Carson and Bernie Sanders received Secret Service protection. Hillary Clinton maintained a Secret Service protective detail as a former first lady, which was increased for the campaign. Only one candidate, Sen. Ted Cruz, was eligible for Secret Service protection but declined it due to not wanting that "wall" between him and the voters.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Pete got it early because of threats made against him. At some point in the campaign any frontrunner will get it.

Found an article on it- https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/pre...protection-factors-analysis/story?id=62513154

Looks like it's required with 120 days out from the general election. But the Secret Service will step in earlier if there are threats. It costs a campaign ~40K a day. If it's due to threats I suspect that might be waived.
Thank you, very informative.

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017

What. The. Fuck.

He should've never been able to make it that close to Harris. Period.

And yes, I sure do hope she gets SS after this mess.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Warren is the best candidate.

But it would be all useless if Cocaine Mitch held the Senate after 2020 :(
I think we might be surprised by what good the executive branch can do on its own if controlled by someone brave enough to use it to do good things.

It's unfortunate Obama took until 2015 to start to try to use it.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
He didn't even rush the stage. He briskly walked up.

The people running the event look really bad for apparently having zero security.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Does the SS even have enough money left to protect the Democrats? I thought Trump and shitfamilh bankrupted it?

Status
Not open for further replies.