• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
Bernie's biggest obstacle is his lack of friends beyond anything else

Like every time joe fucked up this cycle all of the democratic leadership came to defend him like he was an overwatch payload. Yet Bernie was left to die for any minor slip up these last few years, and the democratic *eStAbLiSHmEnT* actively dug in and dunked on him when they could.

There's a lot of pros to being an independent but Bernie is definitely feeling the heat of the cons and how it hasn't helped him

Rebel1

Oct 25, 2017
This is like when a team is losing by 48 and a guy on the losing team makes a first down and celebrates super hard

Sorry, chaos There's a simpsons gif for that

tenor.gif

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She, Brooke Lillard, works for Jim Costa. So a little closer to home for Pelosi.
Is there actual confirmation of that or just suspicion based on context? Because that quote would be filed under "Lines of criticism you should not be touching as a white person for $2000, Alex".
I really think Justice Dems need to work with CBC on this. These two orgs eating each other alive would be horrible.

Though CBC does need some new people in it.
Given who founded the JD and the philosophy that seeded the organization, something like this may have been inevitable since Cenk and that other founding dude are of the class-first mindset while the CBC is going to lean conservative relative to the caucus as a whole because of how politics realigned post civil rights.
Bernie's biggest obstacle is his lack of friends beyond anything else

Like every time joe fucked up this cycle all of the democratic leadership came to defend him like he was an overwatch payload. Yet Bernie was left to die for any minor slip up these last few years, and the democratic *eStAbLiSHmEnT* actively dug in and dunked on him when they could.

There's a lot of pros to being an independent but Bernie is definitely feeling the heat of the cons and how it hasn't helped him
He can't build coalitions and has only one approach to everything.

It's fundamentally the same issue Beto and Gillibrand have where they understood their state's politics but couldn't make it work nationally- he just got lucky by circumstance in 2016.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017

The thing is, you can be an independent but still be liked. You just have to be... likeable. Look at Ferris Bueller. He's very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude.

Oct 27, 2017
The thing is, you can be an independent but still be liked. You just have to be... likeable. Look at Ferris Bueller. He's very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude.

"I'll go I'll go I'll go I'll go I'll go I'll go" but in Bernie's voice

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
Is there actual confirmation of that or just suspicion based on context? Because that quote would be filed under "Lines of criticism you should not be touching as a white person for $2000, Alex".

Given who founded the JD and the philosophy that seeded the organization, something like this may have been inevitable since Cenk and that other founding dude are of the class-first mindset while the CBC is going to lean conservative relative to the caucus as a whole because of how politics realigned post civil rights.

He can't build coalitions and has only one approach to everything.

It's fundamentally the same issue Beto and Gillibrand have where they understood their state's politics but couldn't make it work nationally- he just got lucky by circumstance in 2016.
Confirmed in a mass email.

Can't embed it but here is the twitter post confirming it.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
My thought on staff tweets is that congressmen and women shouldn't be letting the tail wag the dog.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017

Is she being accused of making the Goomba comment, too? Because it's nowhere in that screenshot. I guess I should've paid closer attention.

The Goomba thing was in an article about the CBC, right? I thought that's why people speculated that someone who worked for Lacy Clay or a CBC member said it.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
"I'm not going to be beholden to the courts, but I'm going to follow the court's ruling and just issue a hollow executive order to do stuff that was being done anyway."

Sure, Jan.

Oct 27, 2017
Sanders has co-sponsored legislation with others, and others have co-sponsored with him - for decades, and even with current presidential race rivals, so having no friends can't be the reason. And it's not his ideas, which have increased in popularity and helped shape the current party platform.

But look at the makeup of his campaign staff and his debate performances, and his preferences in campaign events, two campaigns in now. It's on him to increase his appeal more broadly.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sanders has co-sponsored legislation with others, and others have co-sponsored with him - for decades, and even with current presidential race rivals, so having no friends can't be the reason. And it's not his ideas, which have increased in popularity and helped shape the current party platform.

But look at the makeup of his campaign staff and his debate performances, and his preferences in campaign events, two campaigns in now. It's on him to increase his appeal more broadly.
What about his preference in campaign events this year?

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

That's not the quote from "The Hill" though. They're pretty different.

Hill: "She's only a woman of color when it's convenient. None of the things she's fought for aligned with communities of color and her group is funded only by elitist white liberals; she's a puppet," the top Democratic aide told The Hill in a phone call.

"Background" (lol what was she thinking) email: "Let's not forget the fact that AOC's CoS called a group of members racist. This is a group led by an immigrant woman of color, and this group includes several other people of color, including two men who actually experienced the segregated South."

They're similar lines of criticism, but the language being used in the quote in The Hill is harsh to the point it would be a really weird line of criticism coming from a white person representing a majority white coalition that has minority representation.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
That's not the quote from "The Hill" though. They're pretty different.

Hill: "She's only a woman of color when it's convenient. None of the things she's fought for aligned with communities of color and her group is funded only by elitist white liberals; she's a puppet," the top Democratic aide told The Hill in a phone call.

"Background" (lol what was she thinking) email: "Let's not forget the fact that AOC's CoS called a group of members racist. This is a group led by an immigrant woman of color, and this group includes several other people of color, including two men who actually experienced the segregated South."

They're similar lines of criticism, but the language being used in the quote in The Hill is harsh to the point it would be a really weird line of criticism coming from a white person representing a majority white coalition that has minority representation.

From what I understand, the Hill quote was from a phone call and text. If she said all that via email, oh she would be cooked.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From what I understand, the Hill quote was from a phone call and text. If she said all that via email, oh she would be cooked.
The article's on the CBC, not the blue dogs- https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/452701-cbc-members-accuse-aoc-linked-justice-democrats-of-targeting-black

"Aligned with communities of color" here isn't something you would expect out of a Blue Dog rep because that's not really the make up of the electorate they collectively represent. It's not impossible that it was her, but I would be very surprised. (I'm going to send a quick PM on one other thing related to this.)

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
"The president said, 'listen, I'm not going to be beholden to the courts anymore.""

Imagine that was Obama, Fox News would have spent the entire next week talking about it.

If it was Obama, Fox would have spent the rest of time talking about it. They would run it 24/7/365 in a second ticker below the main ticker.

Remember his (out of context) line about "you didn't build that?" Remember the 50-foot banner with that quote on it at the 2012 RNC?

Vimes

Oct 25, 2017

I'm sure these detention centers had no warning and have not staged everything to look perfect?

Where the fuck have journalists been on this for the past year? Why wasn't it a story every day? Why did it take a bunch of lawyers blowing the whistle for this to become news?

Journalists should have been barging into every one of those camps every day for the past year. They've been reporting on trump's tweets and horserace primary coverage instead.

The media is complicit in DHS's brutalization and murder by neglect of migrants and children.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Also bold prediction:

Out of my "top five", Biden, Sanders, Warren, Harris, Buttigieg

Biden is going to be the first to get axed, and Sanders is going to get picked apart due to not having any major rallying cry around "THE ESTABLISHMENT" and the liberal base having what they view as equally or better alternatives in Warren and Harris.

Not to mention Sanders has made zero progress courting black Democratic voters. He's already DOA, his base just doesn't know it yet.

Three way race next year between Harris, Warren and Buttigieg
Bernie has the most Black support second to Biden and was #1 with Hispanics in certain polls.

The "Bernie's base is mostly white and male" narrative from 2016 doesn't apply anymore because Bernie retained the minority support he had then and possibly added some.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
Bernie has the most Black support second to Biden and was #1 with Hispanics in certain polls.

The "Bernie's base is mostly white and male" narrative from 2016 doesn't apply anymore because Bernie retained the minority support he had then and possibly added some.

I'd be careful with this. Bernie's black voters and Biden's are not the same. Not in motivation or in demo, so they may not spill over to each other in either direction.

I see Biden's going to someone like Harris. Bernie's? Who knows. Warren? Not voting?

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be careful with this. Bernie's black voters and Biden's are not the same. Not in motivation or in demo, so they may not spill over to each other in either direction.

I see Biden's going to someone like Harris. Bernie's? Who knows. Warren? Not voting?
It's entirely possible more of Biden's white voters will go to Bernie than Biden's black voters will go to Harris. Sanders was the front runner before Biden jumped in and it isn't insane to assume he might jump back into that if Biden flops

Status
Not open for further replies.